Ever Wonder

Ever Wonder

Tournaments

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
05 Feb 05

You don't think that winning a tournament with 2000+ rated players in it wouldn't mean more to that 1400ish player?

The RudeĀ©

who knows?

Moves
05 Feb 05

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
You don't think that winning a tournament with 2000+ rated players in it wouldn't mean more to that 1400ish player?
You know that it's impossible,unless the 2000+ players all get timeouted.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
05 Feb 05

Originally posted by Ravello
That's why it would be so much more meaningful.

The RudeĀ©

who knows?

Moves
06 Feb 05

That's why it would be so much more meaningful.
So what's your point?
I know that it would be a lot meaningful for me to win a tournament wit Tebb,IronMan and Akizy in,but I know that it won't never happen.

That's why there are banded tournaments,so that everyone can have a chance to win a tournament and enjoying games with similar strength opponents.

o
El Freak0

NW GD Ohio

Moves
07 Feb 05

Indeed... if a 1400 player won a tourney against all 2100+ rated players, I'm guessing the Cheat Police would be out in force. I suppose you could be expected to win 1 in 100,000 of such tournaments??

It can't hurt to PLAY in those tournaments, but if you want to actually COMPETE and have a hope of winning a tournament you need to have more reasonable expectations.

Back to the ol' crackpipe.

f
Quack Quack Quack !

Chesstralia

Moves
07 Feb 05

Originally posted by darvlay
Why don't you two (Dustin and CRACKHEAD) drop your rating to 1000 by resigning hundreds of games and then join some banded tournaments? If it's tournament wins that get your goat, that would be an easy way to score a few. Oh wait, you guys already thought of that one, eh?...
i like your post ... they should not want to enter these tourneys ... eventually i am sure they will not be able to enter these tourneys.

i also dislike your post ... i do not think either of them dropped 100's of games for this reason; both dustn and TRACK seem to wildly play masses of good chess anywhere and everywhere (as does fckallie).

T
Total Domination

Wilmington, NC

Moves
07 Feb 05

TRACKHEAD21 -

[b]...thats completely different. If you have a tournament with all 2100 players ifs gonna be very hard to win. Now if you have a tournament with a bunch of 1000 rated players its going to be easier, because anyone can make a stupid blunder at anytime. No one wins those type of games because of playiong skill they win because o ...[text shortened]... 000 banded tournament means far less than winning a tournament that lets in 2000+ rated players.
To go to what galaxy said, in that tournament you would mostly have a bunch of draws. So considering that, I'm saying that at that higher level you have to depend on your playing strength and positioning because if you think your opponent is going to make some dumb mistake you're in for a shock. I can only think of two games against kingcaptured where I won because he made mistakes but against any other player I played and beat rated that high like fievel, for the most part it wasn't him making mistakes that lost the games.

G
Mr. Shield

Moves
07 Feb 05

A 2100+ banded tourney would look a ton better on peper then a 1000 banded but if a 1000 rated player wins any tourney it's a huge deal cause chances are they would be able to win a regular tourney (like long hauls and grouped randoms). To a 2100+ player it would still mean something beating out all those high rated players to win 1st but chances are all the people in the 2100+ tourney have won multiple tourneys already. So it seems it wouldn't matter as much as if a 1000 won one cause people rated 2100+ can pretty much win any tourney they enter. Right?

Josh

d

Moves
07 Feb 05

Originally posted by flexmore
i like your post ... they should not want to enter these tourneys ... eventually i am sure they will not be able to enter these tourneys.

i also dislike your post ... i do not think either of them dropped 100's of games for this reason; both dustn and TRACK seem to wildly play masses of good chess anywhere and everywhere (as does fckallie).
Fair enough.

I retract my particular statement about the resigning of games. It was hasty on my part and not exactly well-informed.

But for the record, CRACKHEAD, banded tournaments may not mean a lot to you or be as prestigious as other tournaments, but they are a lot of fun for those who prefer to play against others with the same level of skill. If you feel that they are not "real" tournaments then why did you enter them while your rating was low? Not like it matters. You've high-tailed it and I can't say I will miss your arrogance.

T
Total Domination

Wilmington, NC

Moves
07 Feb 05
1 edit

Originally posted by darvlay
Fair enough.

I retract my particular statement about the resigning of games. It was hasty on my part and not exactly well-informed.

But for the record, CRACKHEAD, banded tournaments may not mean a lot to you or be as prestigious as ...[text shortened]... 've high-tailed it and I can't say I will miss your arrogance.
High-tailed it where?? I'm right here :-D so of course you won't have to miss anything hehe. Not like I entered a bunch of banded tournaments. At the time I came back I was at about 1300 and there werent any tournaments going on but the banded ones so I entered one. I only entered the the 1600-1799 to keep JW and his pals hushpuppy and kawika's sorry butts from winning. Didnt expect to shoot back up in rating so quickly but with Russ finally making somemore all vs all tournaments, I did. Sent your clan a challenge to show how I've high-tailed it ;-)

d

Moves
07 Feb 05

Originally posted by TRACKHEAD21
High-tailed it where?? I'm right here :-D so of course you won't have to miss anything hehe. Not like I entered a bunch of banded tournaments. At the time I came back I was at about 1300 and there werent any tournaments going on but the banded ones so I entered one. I only entered the the 1600-1799 to keep JW and his pals hushpuppy and kawika's sorry ...[text shortened]... e all vs all tournaments, I did. Sent your clan a challenge to show how I've high-tailed it ;-)
I only mentioned your high-tailing because you have no star and already said you couldn't "in good conscience" support this site with your money. Have you decided to renew your subscription or did you just want to stamp your feet some?

And as for your challenge, I accept. I look forward to getting my ass whipped by you.

T
Total Domination

Wilmington, NC

Moves
10 Feb 05

Originally posted by Ravello
With so many new engine using players joining the site it certianly is possible. The player wont be 1400 at thend end of the tourney though. With only 4 players on game mods I am afraid there are far too many engine users to catch even half of them. Think some don't realize how tough a task it is.

A
D_U_N_E

Arrakis

Moves
12 Feb 05

Originally posted by TRACKHEAD21
With so many new engine using players joining the site it certianly is possible. The player wont be 1400 at thend end of the tourney though. With only 4 players on game mods I am afraid there are far too many engine users to catch even half of them. Think some don't realize how tough a task it is.
I'm not sure that the picked team isn't just a front for the real operation. I've had many problems lately with RHP trying to access my computer as soon as I boot it up... Turn my computer on and the firewall tells me a packet from RHP tried to access my computer.

So maybe that's the real computer team - a program that monitors everything you do? Cheaters beware!

f
Quack Quack Quack !

Chesstralia

Moves
12 Feb 05

Originally posted by arrakis
I'm not sure that the picked team isn't just a front for the real operation. I've had many problems lately with RHP trying to access my computer as soon as I boot it up... Turn my computer on and the firewall tells me a packet from RHP tried to access my computer.

So maybe that's the real computer team - a program that monitors everything you do? Cheaters beware!

i had someone peaking in my window .... he/she had a redhot pawn t shirt on, was wearing redhotpawn boxers outside his/her jeans, and carrying a redhotpawn bag ( http://www.cafepress.com/rhp001 ).

... and i am not on the ground floor!

T
Total Domination

Wilmington, NC

Moves
15 Feb 05

lol, did bring up a good while ago that we should all have to download one of those exe files that will keep us from running other programs while on the site. I'm sure there has to be someway to modify that type of file much better than when yahoo I believe it was had it, so that it would keep specific programs from running like chessprogram8. Too much work for russ I guess.