Tournaments Forum

Tournaments Forum

  1. Standard memberivangrice
    Deracinated
    Sydney
    Joined
    29 Jan '04
    Moves
    103056
    24 Nov '08 08:59
    Any chance of an Antipodean tournament? I'm getting a little tired of no-one making any moves until I've gone to bed...
  2. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Joined
    22 Apr '05
    Moves
    554829
    28 Nov '08 16:01
    This of course has nothing to do with Hemisphere.

    But Hemispheric tournamnets have been offered:

    e.g.Tournament 946
  3. Joined
    20 Jun '03
    Moves
    185577
    26 Dec '08 19:47
    Why not a national championship ko tournament for each country (based on computer location and not flag of convenience), the winner from each country to take part in a ko tournament to find who is the World Champion of RHP?
  4. Standard memberO Artem O
    ParTizan
    Philadelphia, USA
    Joined
    05 Jan '07
    Moves
    65969
    07 Jan '09 18:26
    Originally posted by jayaitch
    Why not a national championship ko tournament for each country (based on computer location and not flag of convenience), the winner from each country to take part in a ko tournament to find who is the World Champion of RHP?
    that would be fun
  5. Subscriberzakkwylder
    Mouth for war
    Burlington, KY
    Joined
    10 Jan '04
    Moves
    54288
    10 Jan '09 13:27
    Would probably be an enormous task for the servers to have to decipher IP addresses just for a tournament.
  6. Joined
    20 Jun '03
    Moves
    185577
    11 Jan '09 00:50
    Originally posted by zakkwylder
    Would probably be an enormous task for the servers to have to decipher IP addresses just for a tournament.
    True 🙁
  7. lookin for a way out
    Joined
    12 Dec '06
    Moves
    4087
    11 Jan '09 10:23
    Originally posted by ivangrice
    Any chance of an Antipodean tournament? I'm getting a little tired of no-one making any moves until I've gone to bed...
    Start a club for players in your hemisphere and have club tournaments.
    Although I know some players want to increase the win list on their profile, so that wouldn't be enough for them. 🙂
  8. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Joined
    16 Mar '04
    Moves
    15013
    11 Jan '09 11:01
    Originally posted by ivangrice
    Any chance of an Antipodean tournament? I'm getting a little tired of no-one making any moves until I've gone to bed...
    Congratulations on winning the July 2008 Octet IV 1300-1350. For a 1700+ player, it's a real achievement.

    D
  9. Standard memberdweezil
    Canuck savant
    Joined
    31 Oct '04
    Moves
    123123
    11 Jan '09 16:13
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Congratulations on winning the July 2008 Octet IV 1300-1350. For a 1700+ player, it's a real achievement.

    D
    You missed the July 2008 Octet III 1150-1200.
  10. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Joined
    16 Mar '04
    Moves
    15013
    12 Jan '09 22:02
    Originally posted by dweezil
    You missed the July 2008 Octet III 1150-1200.
    Round of applause for Ivan...

    Clap.............................Clap.......................Clap.

    D
  11. Account suspended
    Joined
    09 Jul '04
    Moves
    198660
    13 Jan '09 00:57
    how about a deviants vs normal people tournament.
  12. Standard memberBobby Chess
    Anaconda Squeeze
    Lucena City
    Joined
    13 Oct '08
    Moves
    154802
    29 Jan '09 07:00
    This is an outstanding idea. Someone has to make this happen.
  13. Account suspended
    Joined
    22 Mar '07
    Moves
    7330
    29 Jan '09 17:11
    Originally posted by zakkwylder
    Would probably be an enormous task for the servers to have to decipher IP addresses just for a tournament.
    Not to mention you could have multiple address due to different computers and moving of the IP addresses to different locations.
    Who saids a person has to be in a fixed location or same pc or laptop to input their moves.
  14. The Tao Temple
    Joined
    08 Mar '06
    Moves
    31086
    31 Jan '09 14:14
    Originally posted by ivangrice
    Any chance of an Antipodean tournament? I'm getting a little tired of no-one making any moves until I've gone to bed...
    Does it matter?
    If you enter tournaments 300 below your true level you are just spoiling it for the others. Your list of victories must make you very proud. 🙂
Back to Top