Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Tournaments Forum

Tournaments Forum

  1. Standard member rhb
    Ginger Scum
    11 Oct '05 18:48
    Open for players!

    Sign up now for you chance to win one of the Gingerest Trophies Ever!



    P.s. Join the clan too!
  2. 11 Oct '05 18:58
    Originally posted by rhb
    Open for players!

    Sign up now for you chance to win one of the Gingerest Trophies Ever!



    P.s. Join the clan too!
    What the hell is a "ginger trophy"?
  3. Standard member rhb
    Ginger Scum
    11 Oct '05 19:04 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by schakuhr
    What the hell is a "ginger trophy"?
    Wait and see

    Edit - It's a trophy... that's Ginger, that's all.
  4. 11 Oct '05 20:47
    way to go, man
    I'm gonna win this thing!

  5. Standard member Freddie2008
    9 Edits
    11 Oct '05 21:10
    Originally posted by schakuhr
    What the hell is a "ginger trophy"?
    not much to be proud about.
  6. 12 Oct '05 00:19
    i doubt the 1600 plus level will fill to 64, unless you want to wait several weeks months, but i like the idea, count me in!
  7. 12 Oct '05 04:54
    Originally posted by ItsYouThatIAdore
    i doubt the 1600 plus level will fill to 64, unless you want to wait several weeks months, but i like the idea, count me in!
    On the plus side, the 1200-1599 tournament is up to 53/64.

    Yay! for being a mediocre player!

    --tmetzler
  8. Standard member rhb
    Ginger Scum
    12 Oct '05 11:34
    Originally posted by ItsYouThatIAdore
    i doubt the 1600 plus level will fill to 64, unless you want to wait several weeks months, but i like the idea, count me in!
    I had considered this.

    Min entry in all bands is 16.
  9. Standard member Aiko
    Nearing 200000...!
    12 Oct '05 11:44
    Oh dear, what luck I have. As a mediocre player around 1200 I am in a group with only 1500+ players...
  10. Standard member rhb
    Ginger Scum
    12 Oct '05 19:43
    Originally posted by Aiko
    Oh dear, what luck I have. As a mediocre player around 1200 I am in a group with only 1500+ players...
    Cool. Russ did use my 'suggested groupings' then

  11. Standard member zakkwylder
    Mouth for war
    13 Oct '05 01:41
    Originally posted by Aiko
    Oh dear, what luck I have. As a mediocre player around 1200 I am in a group with only 1500+ players...
    I feel your pain. In The Aves Clan From Gambit tournament, I was matched against Quirine. Actually was up a rook for a knight in 1 game and had I played been smart, probably could have drawn with him. Not to be though. I'm liking my grouping for the ginger tourney thingy though, I like my odds(with respect to my opponents).
  12. 13 Oct '05 14:11
    Originally posted by Aiko
    Oh dear, what luck I have. As a mediocre player around 1200 I am in a group with only 1500+ players...
    I know what you mean. In the Aves Clan thingy, I was matched up against GuaravV. He didn't really crush me though, which boosted my ego. I just lost very slowly.
    Luckily, my rating is so down in the dumps right now that I can play the lowest band here
  13. Standard member zakkwylder
    Mouth for war
    13 Oct '05 20:12
    Originally posted by angie88
    I know what you mean. In the Aves Clan thingy, I was matched up against GuaravV. He didn't really crush me though, which boosted my ego. I just lost very slowly.
    Luckily, my rating is so down in the dumps right now that I can play the lowest band here
    I had a time like that a couple months ago. Where I couldn't win a game to save my life. I think I made it down to like the 1040's. Then my buddy joe t gave me some advice and I promptly shot up to 1426, a RHP high for me. Don't worry, you'll get out of it.
  14. Standard member Aiko
    Nearing 200000...!
    13 Oct '05 22:10
    Originally posted by zakkwylder
    Then my buddy joe t gave me some advice and I promptly shot up to 1426, a RHP high for me.
    Well... Tell us then!
  15. Standard member zakkwylder
    Mouth for war
    13 Oct '05 23:25
    Originally posted by Aiko
    Well... Tell us then!
    It wasn't anything special. Just a simple pointer and a boost of confidence. Which I suppose was to his detriment. Me and joe both joined at the same time and have played games since. After his words to me, I believe I won like the next 4 or 5. It all comes down to looking at the board. I was being to hasty. Once I started taking more time and looking at all my options, I was winning more games. And its worked wonders. I've gone from a consistent high 1100s/low to mid 1200s player to a high 1200s/low 1300s player.