1. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Jul '07 19:59
    I love the idea of only having a timebank... sounds awesome.
    Is there ever any timebank only tournaments that give you more than 21 days?? I don't know if I could join a 21 day one, though I would love to be in one that gave you like 50 or 60 days. It seems really neat, good way to get tournaments over with too because vacationers are in trouble.
  2. Joined
    22 Dec '06
    Moves
    03 Jul '07 20:47
    Originally posted by ih8sens
    I love the idea of only having a timebank... sounds awesome.
    Is there ever any timebank only tournaments that give you more than 21 days?? I don't know if I could join a 21 day one, though I would love to be in one that gave you like 50 or 60 days. It seems really neat, good way to get tournaments over with too because vacationers are in trouble.
    IMHO, a 45 days timebank, even in a 12 players thematic split, seems enough to play all games, if you like this style of game, of course... 🙂

And the hardcore tournaments (i.e. with a timebank only) should prevent the situations like this:
    Game 3754731
    Game 3754738
    when a good player surrended immediately, in the first move, when he spotted a "snail" with 1600+ ongoing games, moving almost always in the "last minute" of his time for move, often after having (almost) exhausted consumed his timebank...

IMHO 1600+ concurrent games is aberrant.
    Even it complies the rules of RHP (illimited number of games...), it's getting hard for the some people here because it's delays...

Cheers
    GG
  3. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    03 Jul '07 20:57
    Originally posted by 4gats
    IMHO, a 45 days timebank, even in a 12 players thematic split, seems enough to play all games, if you like this style of game, of course... 🙂

And the hardcore tournaments (i.e. with a timebank only) should prevent the situations like this:
    Game 3754731
    Game 3754738
    when a good player surrended immediately, in the first move, when he spotted ...[text shortened]... games...), it's getting hard for the some people here because it's delays...

Cheers
    GG
    Are you honestly whining about somebody using their time controls? 🙄

D
  4. Joined
    22 Dec '06
    Moves
    03 Jul '07 21:19
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Are you honestly whining about somebody using their time controls? 🙄

D
    You're right.
    The guy complies perfectly the rules of RHP.
    But it may look like a permanent obstruction in a parliament... 🙁

Maybe the "illimited game number" priciple should be revised.
    I dunno.
    I see some of my tournaments blocked by the same players with several hundreds of games.
    If I say "several" it's not 2 or 3 but, e.g., 7...

Cheers
    GG
  5. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    04 Jul '07 00:36

Game 3754731
    Game 3754738
    when a good player surrended immediately, in the first move, when he spotted ...[text shortened]... games...), it's getting hard for the some people here because it's delays...

Cheers
    GG
    That snail paced player has made 1189 moves and counting so far this month.

As this is only the 3rd (and its only just into the 3rd) that means they are making 500+ moves per day.

Hardly snail paced.
  6. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    04 Jul '07 00:42
    You're right.
    The guy complies perfectly the rules of RHP.
    But it may look like a permanent obstruction in a parliament... 🙁

Maybe the "illimited game number" priciple should be revised.
    I dunno.
    I see some of my tournaments blocked by the same players with several hundreds of games.
    If I say "several" it's not 2 or 3 but, e.g., 7...

Cheers
    GG
    Why should the unlimited number of games be revised?

If the player was playing too slow then people wouldn't join their games.

What are we to do if every player decided to fully utilise the timebanks available for every move? Force them to play faster?

At the end of the day if they exceed the timebanks they get timed out.
  7. Joined
    02 May '07
    Moves
    06 Jul '07 12:45
    Originally posted by adramforall
    Why should the unlimited number of games be revised?

If the player was playing too slow then people wouldn't join their games.

What are we to do if every player decided to fully utilise the timebanks available for every move? Force them to play faster?

At the end of the day if they exceed the timebanks they get timed out.
    True, but very annoying indeed... I would like people that sign up for a tournament to actively play in that tournament. If one has 1600+ games active, and he joins a 4x4 tournament, he's slowing things down...

On the other hand, indeed he will time out🙂 As heng has found out when I claimed victory after he depleted his timebank completely after only 12 moves (Game 3689255).

I think the creator of a tournament can easily set a reduced timebank in order to address this issue...
  8. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    06 Jul '07 22:35
    Originally posted by Anton1959
    I think the creator of a tournament can easily set a reduced timebank in order to address this issue...
    But if a player then uses his time controls to the limit, isn't there still an "issue"?

What do you propose, that in 3/7 games, that your timebank begins depleting after 2 days so that people can't use their whole time allowance?

D
  9. Joined
    02 May '07
    Moves
    08 Jul '07 18:201 edit
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    But if a player then uses his time controls to the limit, isn't there still an "issue"?

What do you propose, that in 3/7 games, that your timebank begins depleting after 2 days so that people can't use their whole time allowance?

D
    No, get rid of the timebank all together, so you don't have to wait 17 days for the first move🙂 (Or 10 in your example)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree