Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Tournaments Forum

Tournaments Forum

1. 12 Nov '07 18:36 / 1 edit
    Yay for me!!

(It was only a baby tourney but still...)

I won !

Tournament 2715

Only 25 to go now to catch Cludi up..... 🙁
  2. 12 Nov '07 23:51
    Originally posted by Pigface1
    Yay for me!!

I won !

Tournament 2715

Good job!! Welcome in the club!
  3. 13 Nov '07 00:55
    Yay for me!!

I won !

Tournament 2715

Well done, you join a small select band of players who have won a tournament.

🙂
  4. Standard member Dutch Defense
    Stealer of Souls
    13 Nov '07 01:52
    You only need 23 to tie and 24 to break his record.

He's my first and currently my only tournament win: Tournament 2402

What a kick-ass avatar I have!
  5. Standard member GalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    13 Nov '07 03:26
    Yay for me!!

I won !

Tournament 2715

Well done!
  6. 13 Nov '07 11:38
    Thank you all 🙂 and gratz to you too DD
  7. 13 Nov '07 19:52
    Nice work, it was quite a convincing win as well. I have come close to winning lots of tournaments but always seem to fall short (apart from one time) but have a few on the go at the moment that I am hoping to take.
  8. Standard member irontigran
    Rob Scheider is..
    13 Nov '07 20:45
    Originally posted by Tyrannosauruschex
    Nice work, it was quite a convincing win as well. I have come close to winning lots of tournaments but always seem to fall short (apart from one time) but have a few on the go at the moment that I am hoping to take.
    congrats, its a big accomplishment... 🙂

ive won 1 before but then fell short a few times a well, but im gonna get more!!
  9. 13 Nov '07 21:51
    I lost won drew one, annoyingly enough against the same opponent, but the game I drew was my own stupidity, I stalemated his lone king with my knight 2 pawns and king lol.......so it shouldve been 1/1.
    At your rating I am sure it is a heck of a lot tougher as mistakes arent that common with 1900 players.
  10. 13 Nov '07 22:47
    Congrats Pigface, the first tourney win is always a stepping stone to future victories, when I got my first tournament victory it was more of a relief than anything else. Afterwards I was just able to play more calmly knowing that I secured it...since then I have won 10 more and I still enjoy it everytime when I see a new tourney victory popup on my profile lol...
  11. 13 Nov '07 23:09
    Originally posted by ItsYouThatIAdore
    Congrats Pigface, the first tourney win is always a stepping stone to future victories, when I got my first tournament victory it was more of a relief than anything else. Afterwards I was just able to play more calmly knowing that I secured it...since then I have won 10 more and I still enjoy it everytime when I see a new tourney victory popup on my profile lol...
    Thanks, I doubt I will add many more now my rating has plateaud 🙂 although I am in a couple more lower rated tourneys still so they will be my last hopes now that I have found my true rating, (i feel a little guilty playing in 1200-1400 tournaments now that my rating has gone above them)
  12. 14 Nov '07 14:41
    Gah my sense of inferiority is overwhelming! How do all this kiddies win tournaments while I have entered hundreds and made only two finals (both with 1900+ players who took the victory).

Oh yeah Congratulations. 😕
  13. 14 Nov '07 16:35 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by zebano
    Gah my sense of inferiority is overwhelming! How do all this kiddies win tournaments while I have entered hundreds and made only two finals (both with 1900+ players who took the victory).

Oh yeah Congratulations. 😕
    Because these "kiddies" (thanks for calling me a kiddie btw...) enter low rating tournaments, the one I won was 1200-1300 rated which is all the noobs and woodpushers like myself (no offense intended to anyone) , and as such most games are won/lost on blunders rather than tactical brilliance, low rated tournaments are by there nature much more open to wild wins and losses than big boy tournaments with seasoned players that play a much more solid game.

Dont feel inferior, you would totally crush me in about 15 moves so although you havent won an online meaningless (relatively) tournament, you are a much stronger player than anyone in the tournamnet I won, which os better, being a strong player like yourself or being quite rubbish and winning a little tournament? 🙂
  14. Subscriber Ponderable
    chemist
    15 Nov '07 15:37
    congrats on the second hardcore win
  15. 15 Nov '07 18:04 / 1 edit
    Cheers for that. It was hard work to win it - blanca is no way a 1700 strength player, more like a 2000 in disguise.

Like this classy finish he got me with in the penultimate round - I doubt many 1700s would come up with this combination.

Game 4239783