1. B is for bye bye
    Moves
    15 Apr '08 00:03
    Why is it that an ignored person can be in the tournament with you? If you were in the tournament first, shouldn't it eliminate the ignored person from being in the tourney?

Now I have a game against someone who I've ignored and is now in-game messaging. I don't want to talk with this person, but if I move in the games, this will give them an opportunity to talk to me. I don't want to resign my games, as I entered the tournament to win.

This doesn't make sense.
  2. London
    Moves
    15 Apr '08 00:08
    Originally posted by Gastel
    Why is it that an ignored person can be in the tournament with you? If you were in the tournament first, shouldn't it eliminate the ignored person from being in the tourney?

Now I have a game against someone who I've ignored and is now in-game messaging. I don't want to talk with this person, but if I move in the games, this will give them an opportunity ...[text shortened]... 't want to resign my games, as I entered the tournament to win.

This doesn't make sense.
    Just ignore them in the game.

There's nothing to say you have to message them back.
  3. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    15 Apr '08 03:58
    That's a great idea! I could list everyone even close to my rating and above in my ignore list then join every tournament. That way, I would probably eventually maybe win one!!
  4. Joined
    28 Sep '07
    Moves
    15 Apr '08 06:05
    Why don't you tell them you aren't interested in any conversation and inform them that any unsolicited messages will be considered as harrassment and then inform the mods if he continues?

Then they can 3(c) him or her.

(It's not me is it?)

😉
  5. B is for bye bye
    Moves
    15 Apr '08 10:56
    Of course not you, RDM. And this person has already been censored for previous comments. I don't want to 'just ignore them', because they have proven in the past that they will just message each time. I will naturally read what they've written, so now I'm in a stalemate.

And coquette, thanks for the understanding. This is no ploy to win a tournament, this is a serious issue concerning someone who wrote inappropriate things about me. I don't have to be subjected to them.

They should have been 3(c)'d originally, so why would they be 3(c)'d now?
  6. Standard memberdweezil
    Canuck savant
    Moves
    15 Apr '08 12:48

Now I have a game against someone who I've ignored and is now in-game messaging. I don't want to talk with this person, but if I move in the games, this will give them an opportunity ...[text shortened]... 't want to resign my games, as I entered the tournament to win.

This doesn't make sense.
    I know that I'm on someone's ignore list and that prevents me from sending in-game messages. I know, I tried. It really should work that way for you too. I would send feedback if it doesn't.
  7. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    15 Apr '08 13:11

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

8. B is for bye bye
    Moves
    15 Apr '08 23:05
    Correct-a-mundo my fine feathered friends. I hadn't even thought of this possibility.

It even says, "Messages blocked by this user."

Now I wonder if that means I can send xym messages without getting any replies (of course assuming I'm not on xyr ignore list).
  9. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    16 Apr '08 15:00

This doesn't make sense.
    Its not me is it? 😛

I wondered why you were slow moving in our games but just thought that after the thumping I gave you in our last two games, you were thinking more about your moves.

Just checked our current ingame messages and I don't think

best of luck my friend could be considered offensive.

Can't be me then 🙄
  10. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    16 Apr '08 15:03
    Is it possible for an ignored person to put a in-game message to you during a game?
    I didn't thought so, but maybe I'm wrong.

When I had an opponent with unmatured remarks during the game, I put him on my ignore list, and problem was solved.
  11. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    16 Apr '08 17:161 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

12. B is for bye bye
    Moves
    17 Apr '08 02:07
    Originally posted by adramforall
    Comment Banned By User as they are on your Ignore List
    Doesn't matter what is said, ignore list is ignore list.
  13. Helsinki, Finland
    Moves
    07 May '08 08:29
    I don't know yet, who will be edited into my ignore list next time. 🙂
  14. 6yd box
    Moves
    12 May '08 22:02

This doesn't make sense.
    i thought non-subs were not allowed to entre tournaments..how did you make it into a tournament?
  15. Joined
    07 Jun '05
    Moves
    16 May '08 11:04
    Originally posted by adramforall

best of luck my friend could be considered offensive.
    I've used the ignore list after in-game messages in the past. It was just a harmless comment about the speed at which I was moving, but given that it was a 21/21 tournament, I decided that I could live without the distraction.

It worked fine for me.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree