IMPORTANT - ALL TOURNAMENT PLAYERS PLEASE READ

IMPORTANT - ALL TOURNAMENT PLAYERS PLEASE READ

Tournaments

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
04 Apr 03

My pleasure.

-Russ

l
Free Thinker

New York City

Moves
04 Apr 03

Excellent! Thank you very much for implementing this, I think it will give some people a needed kick in the !@#$ to get moving on their games.

I agree that an e-mail to all pawn stars might not be a bad idea. Especially to those who haven't logged in for a while, if they haven't seen all of the many updates to the site they might spend more time here, and/or recruit others.

-mike

R
Coucou !

Lille(France, North)

Moves
05 Apr 03

Originally posted by Russ
I have just run this for the first time (whilst holding my breath).

Just 9 games ended automatically. The result?

At long last, the first RHP tournie, the Alpha Grand, has now finished! Phew!

Started on the 2002-11-11, ended 2003-04-04. RIP. Quite long enough!

Congratulations RmX - now its official.

-Russ
😵
Thanks Russ!! Though I lost many games by timeouts, games which I would have won....but there's most important things:

I dont completely agree with the "Enforcing Timeout" about tournaments....:

Some of us like me (I think to Gilgert or John particulary) may have like everyone some personnal problems (cf Dave "Schliemann" for those know....) and are NOT ON "HOLIDAYS" when "on Vacation" setting is on, as most of players think.

That's really a pity in a sense, Tournament or not Tournament game. As Gilbert (SINTUBIN) once told to me, "since the tournaments exist, players forget the most important : THE GAME." PLAY. PLAY. please, we're not getting a cup, money, presents or something else!.... I completely agree with his point of view....
No matter if others dont agreee.... Life is Life.🙂🙂😠😠😠

l
Free Thinker

New York City

Moves
05 Apr 03

Originally posted by RmX
Thanks Russ!! Though I lost many games by timeouts, games which I would have won....but there's most important things:

I dont completely agree with the "Enforcing Timeout" about tournaments....:

Some of us like me (I think to Gilgert or John particulary) may have like everyone some personnal problems (cf Dave "Schliemann" for those know....) and are N ...[text shortened]... ly agree with his point of view....
No matter if others dont agreee.... Life is Life.🙂🙂😠😠😠
I agree with you to an extent - I think it's your responsibility to let your opponent know if you won't be able to be making frequent moves. I think most players will be understanding if you give them the opportunity. Having been very aggressive with taking some timeout wins in the past, I have to say I'm starting to change my mind because I find that it's wholly unsatisfying unless you're very obviously going to win the game and the other player is just delaying.

-mike

t
Xebite

in front of you

Moves
05 Apr 03

when you amke auto-T/O you have to take consequences also on the other side, I think:
a) offer emailreminder a day before auto T/O
b) offer message -"-
c) order games by T/O in "myGames"
d) implement a new game order (skip): next waiting game is the next game that T/Os.
what do you think about that?
th

M

Moves
05 Apr 03

This is a great rule and i fully agree with it. However, it would be good if we could respect vacation settings by extending timeouts by a further day or two. I've seen the new tournament with 3 day timeouts and would really like to enter but i'm sure over the next few months i'll be away for a few days and get timed out.

m

Moves
07 Apr 03

I do not feel this is slight. I had a crash this weekend and lost six games.......I think this sux and I am not playing any more tournaments.

m

Moves
07 Apr 03

On the other hand, I can enter a tournament where I won't get crushed.....so what the heck......

l
Free Thinker

New York City

Moves
07 Apr 03

Hey, you still won one off of me in the Quickfire III tourney. That'll teach me to make sure I castle. I wouldn't get too discouraged.

-mike

R
Coucou !

Lille(France, North)

Moves
08 Apr 03

Originally posted by Russ
I have just run this for the first time (whilst holding my breath).

Just 9 games ended automatically. The result?

At long last, the first RHP tournie, the Alpha Grand, has now finished! Phew!

Started on the 2002-11-11, ended 2003-04-04. RIP. Quite long enough!

Congratulations RmX - now its official.

-Russ
😵
thank you Russ! 🙂

Even if I still disagree about he T/O new reglement.

regards,
Rémi (WAHEAD POWER !!!)

p

Kempton Park

Moves
09 Apr 03

Why? Is it realy nesesary to not take the vacation setting into acount.
I just became a pown Star and have not played in a tournament before but I am planning to. I just want to know how this will impackt me. If Tournaments tend to not run for a long period of time it is fine but if it can run for six months or more. It will be a problem for a lot of people if they can not go on vacation during that time.

I
Nambaa Wan pureyaa!

Manchester, UK

Moves
10 Apr 03

OK - i dunno if it was this new auto thingy - or just one nasty person timing me out but i have been away for two weeks.

I made a point of telling everyone i was playing that i was going away for two weeks but i would be back and active as soon as. Everyone responded with kind messages asking me to enjoy the holiday.

I now come back and only one game is times out on me - my remaining tourney game. Now when i first got involved in the tourney, i did not know i was going on holiday. The moment i decided to go- i tried to play the tournament games quickly.

Now the game that was timed out i was almost certainly going to win. It wouldnt have mattered for the tourney itself - i would not have gone through to the second round - but i would have made a lot of ranking points from it.

I dont like this rule - and looking at the posts above i am alone in that thinking.

I was as fair and polite as i could be. The tournament is still ongoing now so i wouldnt personally have held up the tourney.

I do not think it is a fair rule.

my 2 cents

igi😠

I
Nambaa Wan pureyaa!

Manchester, UK

Moves
10 Apr 03

lemme add something to my last post.

maybe one idea would be to have a timeout period of 15-16 days.

that way - even those away for two weeks would still be able to continue....but 7 days does not work in my mind.

t
Xebite

in front of you

Moves
10 Apr 03

Originally posted by IGI
lemme add something to my last post.

maybe one idea would be to have a timeout period of 15-16 days.

that way - even those away for two weeks would still be able to continue....but 7 days does not work in my mind.
I propose a T/O period of 8 days: it's a week plus epsilon.... 😉

m

Moves
23 Apr 03

But it's funny, ya know...I had six games time out outa when my comp was down....In a tourney I'm in now my opponent had the claim time out sign up for three days before he moved and didn't time out....What gives?