1. St. Louis, Mo.
    Moves
    11 May '03 23:32
    well why don't you just make it a five day time out with a two day grace period. i feel that seven days is more than long enuff to wait on anyone regardless of how you count them.(the days)🙄
  2. Standard membergodzillion
    (dandan)
    State College, PA
    Moves
    21 May '03 15:46
    Originally posted by mondragon
    But it's funny, ya know...I had six games time out outa when my comp was down....In a tourney I'm in now my opponent had the claim time out sign up for three days before he moved and didn't time out....What gives?
    It doesn't seem that the auto-timeout feature works reliably. I have had several occasions where I would have expected my opponents to be auto-timed-out, but it hasn't happened. Do the site admins have to manually initiate the auto-timeout procedure? Is it something which runs weekly? I think it would be most fair if the auto-timeout has the exact same behavior in every move of every game.
  3. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    23 May '03 21:35
    Originally posted by godzillion
    It doesn't seem that the auto-timeout feature works reliably. I have had several occasions where I would have expected my opponents to be auto-timed-out, but it hasn't happened. Do the site admins have to manually initiate the auto-timeout procedure? Is it something which runs weekly? I think it would be most fair if the auto-timeout has the exact same behavior in every move of every game.
    I hold my hands up - you've got me there.

I do run it manually most nights. (This will change when I have some spare time to make some code changes and schedule it) When I went away, I didn't tell Chris to keep running the script, so there was 2 weeks where they weren't happening. Sorry about that.

And it will run in the early hours of the morning everyday when the site is least loaded.

-Russ
  4. Amsterdam
    Moves
    09 Jun '03 09:54
    Originally posted by Russ
    I hold my hands up - you've got me there.

I do run it manually most nights. (This will change when I have some spare time to make some code changes and schedule it) When I went away, I didn't tell Chris to keep running the script, so there was 2 weeks where they weren't happening. Sorry about that.

And it will run in the early hours of the morning everyday when the site is least loaded.

-Russ
    How is this with clan games?

Olav
  5. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    09 Jun '03 11:38
    Clan games are down to the individual. Peer pressure from fellow clan members will probably help deicide if to T/O.

-Russ
  6. Amsterdam
    Moves
    09 Jun '03 16:16
    Originally posted by Russ
    Clan games are down to the individual. Peer pressure from fellow clan members will probably help deicide if to T/O.

-Russ
    Oke, I tryed to challenge you for a game...but you're only accepting games from players with a rating below 1000😕 Could we play a little game?

Olav

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree