Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Tournaments Forum

Tournaments Forum

  1. 12 Jul '06 10:19
    How about some more tournaments which have 10 or 12 contestents please. I know the arguments against, but this would give 'middle and lower' grade people more chances to win games against similarly graded opponents. If you only have 2 or 3 opponents, the make up of gradings is usually 1750/1600/1450/1200 (for example) whereas larger numbers of players make for smaller grading differences between players, and usually better/more appropriate games.
    We would need longer time banks.........but that's no problem. A TB of say 160 days would also get round the holiday problem
    Regards
    Alasdair Roberts (aka Sardodos)
  2. Standard member Dragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    17 Jul '06 16:55
    Originally posted by sardodos
    A TB of say 160 days would also get round the holiday problem
    A TB of 160 days would drive me crazy when people stop moving.

    And anyway who has 160 days holiday?
  3. 17 Jul '06 21:39
    Originally posted by Dragon Fire
    A TB of 160 days would drive me crazy when people stop moving.

    And anyway who has 160 days holiday?
    I THINK he means 0 day TO 160 day Timebank.
  4. 17 Jul '06 22:24
    Originally posted by cmsMaster
    I THINK he means 0 day TO 160 day Timebank.
    That's still a very long time!!