Lion defense, Lions Claw variation

Lion defense, Lions Claw variation

Tournaments

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

t
Back home

England

Moves
05 Feb 07

I am surprised by how good the response is to this thematic tournament. Perhaps it is something that either many people aspire to play, or are currently playing. Could be a good surprise opening to avoid the masses of theory books that CC can sometimes throw on you.

wotagr8game

tbc

Moves
05 Feb 07

Originally posted by thekillersfan
I am surprised by how good the response is to this thematic tournament. Perhaps it is something that either many people aspire to play, or are currently playing. Could be a good surprise opening to avoid the masses of theory books that CC can sometimes throw on you.
I'm pleasantly surprised myself, i guess people are figuring they get to use anything they learn straight away. 😉

Canada

Moves
06 Feb 07

i only have a lot of success as white in this opening, thats why im joining, ive never really played it as black, nonetheless it should be fun...🙂

wotagr8game

tbc

Moves
07 Feb 07

Originally posted by ItsYouThatIAdore
i only have a lot of success as white in this opening, thats why im joining, ive never really played it as black, nonetheless it should be fun...🙂
You have faced this a lot before? That surprises me. In the three years i've been here i've only seen one game by someone else in this line...

t
Back home

England

Moves
07 Feb 07

It will be fun seeing you guys battle it out! I'll watch the bloodshed from the sidelines 🙂

Especially looking forward to the tmetzler v marinkatomb "grudge" match! 😏

Canada

Moves
07 Feb 07

Originally posted by Marinkatomb
You have faced this a lot before? That surprises me. In the three years i've been here i've only seen one game by someone else in this line...
well i have played about 10,000 other correspondance games on other sites...not to mention a heck of a lot of live and otb games...but i have faced it a few times on this site...if i have time, ill look for some of the games and possibly post them...

wotagr8game

tbc

Moves
08 Feb 07

It will be fun seeing you guys battle it out! I'll watch the bloodshed from the sidelines 🙂

Especially looking forward to the tmetzler v marinkatomb "grudge" match! 😏
LOL, Tim and I have a running battle going. He's a Bird man, i'm a Lion man. If we could only combine the two we'd be the ultimate killing machine!! 😀

Moves
08 Feb 07

LOL, Tim and I have a running battle going. He's a Bird man, i'm a Lion man. If we could only combine the two we'd be the ultimate killing machine!! 😀
Yes, you'd be a griffin!

t
Back home

England

Moves
08 Feb 07

and I guess you can call me a "Schlie - mann" (after my occasional surprise weapon 1.e4 e5 2. Nf3 Nc6 3. Bb5 f5) 😏

PM me if and when you both are in the midst of strangling each other ... hidden bird, crouching lion!

wotagr8game

tbc

Moves
08 Feb 07

and I guess you can call me a "Schlie - mann" (after my occasional surprise weapon 1.e4 e5 2. Nf3 Nc6 3. Bb5 f5) 😏

PM me if and when you both are in the midst of strangling each other ... hidden bird, crouching lion!
I really hope we get paired together, that'd be great. I wonder if i asked really nicely that couldbe arranged? I suppose it's not really fair on the rest ofthe entrants who get paired randomly. What do you recon? 😕

t
Back home

England

Moves
08 Feb 07

I really hope we get paired together, that'd be great. I wonder if i asked really nicely that couldbe arranged? I suppose it's not really fair on the rest ofthe entrants who get paired randomly. What do you recon? 😕
I am currently playing two "unfriendly" games against tmetzler that I set up on a personal basis, as I am not waiting around for the admins to pair us up! Just play two set piece games where Tim gets to play his bird attack and you get to play your lion. 🙂

Then you can have a go at trying to bash each other! Its more fun this way, since you are not affecting the tournament/clan/league etc.! I hope to have most of my games like this on RHP once my current game obligations run out.

wotagr8game

tbc

Moves
08 Feb 07

I am currently playing two "unfriendly" games against tmetzler that I set up on a personal basis, as I am not waiting around for the admins to pair us up! Just play two set piece games where Tim gets to play his bird attack and you get to play your lion. 🙂

Then you can have a go at trying to bash each other! Its more fun this way, since you are n ...[text shortened]... .! I hope to have most of my games like this on RHP once my current game obligations run out.
http://www.chessatwork.com/core/viewpublicgames.php?p1name=tmetzler&p2name=marinkatomb&showgamescode=A&Search=Search

😉

t
Back home

England

Moves
08 Feb 07

http://www.chessatwork.com/core/viewpublicgames.php?p1name=tmetzler&p2name=marinkatomb&showgamescode=A&Search=Search

😉
awesome! is chessatwork some sister site of RHP? What's the advantage of using that instead of this? I see the games are stacked in your favour re: matchces against Tim.

wotagr8game

tbc

Moves
09 Feb 07

awesome! is chessatwork some sister site of RHP? What's the advantage of using that instead of this? I see the games are stacked in your favour re: matchces against Tim.
Chessatwork is my favourite skin, you also have...

www.timeforchess.com
www.theimortalgame.com
www.redhotchess.com
www.redhotpawn.com

I think that's it, though there could be more i guess...

As for games against Tim, the first two or three wins are from a couple of years ago. In our recent games it has been pretty much dead level, i have no idea why he isn't graded 1800+ to be honest... perhaps it's his religious attachment to the Bird...(dig) 😉😛

z

Moves
09 Feb 07

Chessatwork is my favourite skin, you also have...

www.timeforchess.com
www.theimortalgame.com
www.redhotchess.com
www.redhotpawn.com

I think that's it, though there could be more i guess...

As for games against Tim, the first two or three wins are from a couple of years ago. In our recent games it has been pretty much dead level, i have no ...[text shortened]... t graded 1800+ to be honest... perhaps it's his religious attachment to the Bird...(dig) 😉😛
There are just certain styles that are harder for certain people to beat. For instance, I seem to be able to give red night a good game, but i have trouble with Sun Tzu General... I don't think I've ever beaten Tim.