1. Standard memberMIODude
    me, not you
    CaNaDa
    Moves
    27 May '05 02:251 edit
    well. its nice to see Foil is doing well in that tournament.. seeing how he is rated 1600+ and all.... 30 days is not long enough to use to determine people's highest score for entering tournaments.
    http://www.redhotpawn.com/tournament/view.php?tid=540
  2. Standard memberjay D
    Jay D
    London
    Moves
    28 May '05 03:38
    Once again an absolute abuse of the game. There was a similiar discussion on another banded tourni.

Russ is there nothing we can do about this? Do you think this is fair? Obviously i'll go with whatever your thoughts are as you are the creator..

I think is totally fair when someone just starts off but not when they have had their rating reduced due to no playing.

I would like to see if these members actually give a reason to why they entered tourni they really shouldnt be in.
  3. Standard memberSmiffy
    SPS CLAN
    Wales
    Moves
    29 May '05 08:58
    i agree it is unfair and how do i enter tourneys can i enter any 4 free or do i have 2 pay im new 2 this site
  4. Standard memberMIODude
    me, not you
    CaNaDa
    Moves
    29 May '05 11:35
    There are occassionally tournaments for non-subscribers, but not too often. I've been here about 6 months, and I think I've only seen the one so far. If you eventually subscribe.. you can enter any/all tournaments.
  5. Standard memberHegemon
    A Lost Bobby
    London
    Moves
    29 May '05 11:42
    Originally posted by smiffy
    i agree it is unfair and how do i enter tourneys can i enter any 4 free or do i have 2 pay im new 2 this site
    no pay no tourney play, no clan play (hence no league play) and no siege play.

this debate has been going on ever since the creation banded tourneys. I think that except for a few, most people are in agreement that something needs to be done about this.

Many threads devoted to this topic have come up with some plausable methods to remove this flaw or at the least minimise it. I have yet to see any input from Russ on this and although he has other projects that are his priority, I personally think this is the biggest flaw in the site.

Then again, I think Russ keeps some flaws in the site just to spark debates - people like to moan. 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree