More themed tournamounts please!!

More themed tournamounts please!!

Tournaments

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
03 Nov 06
1 edit

Originally posted by zebano
Do you all prefer specific variations or very general ones when entering themed tournaments?
--snip--
Personally, I like the more specific ones, but then you would have to run 15 tournaments to get through all the positions I would like to see.
I like the specific variations. What's wrong with having 15+ tournaments of specific variations. Not at the same time obviously.

That way we will never run out of themed tournaments!

Moves
03 Nov 06
1 edit

Originally posted by Ian68
I made it into that. I rarely play the Alekhine, and haven't faced it much more often, so I was looking forward to getting some more experience of it. This leads to my question: Should themed tournaments have larger groups? I am only second rated in a group of three so I may well go out in the first round, only getting to play the opening twice with each colou better, as this will allow everyone who enters to get a reasonable experience of the opening.
I don't like the big groups. Because I don't play my best chess when I have too many games.

I've taken to ONLY signing up for DUEL tournaments from now on.

SS

Moves
11 Nov 06