Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Tournaments Forum

Tournaments Forum

1. 17 Dec '07 08:18
    Tournament 2942

Out of all the players who have won tournaments, I bet there are only a handful who have won with a perfect score...
  2. Standard member GalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    17 Dec '07 09:05
    Originally posted by Tyrannosauruschex
    Tournament 2942

Out of all the players who have won tournaments, I bet there are only a handful who have won with a perfect score...
    Not true.

These are just from the overview page. And I didn't look through them all, mostly just the splits, octets and grands:

Tournament 2229
    Tournament 2243
    Tournament 2465
    Tournament 2630
    Tournament 2816
    Tournament 2338
    Tournament 2776
    Tournament 2437

Congrats on going undefeated, but I think you need to get over yourself.
  3. 17 Dec '07 10:30
    No way, eh - its party time at my end. Those guys never had to beat 20 players either, and to add to it, in a fast time control where I couldnt just pace out which games I wanted to play - all games had to be won within the same limit.
  4. Standard member GalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    17 Dec '07 18:18
    No way, eh - its party time at my end. Those guys never had to beat 20 players either, and to add to it, in a fast time control where I couldnt just pace out which games I wanted to play - all games had to be won within the same limit.
    Wrong, yet again. If you would have actually looked at them, you'd see that Tournament 2776 was a 1/0 Grand, which is actually almost as time demanding as 0/21 tournaments. And these are just from the overview. I'm sure out of the other 2000+ tournaments, there's quite a few who went undefeated, maybe even in a bigger tournament than yours.
  5. 17 Dec '07 18:53
    That one was hidden near the end. Anyway - none of those guys made a self praising topic like this one, so at least I have beaten them to that.
  6. 18 Dec '07 02:38
    Tournament 2942

...and you are bragging because?

With a rating 250 higher than the next highest rated player do you really feel that this was a great achievement?

Come back and boast when you play and win a tournament like
    Tournament 2172 where your fellow opponents are all highly rated, and you still keep a clean sheet.
  7. Standard member Ragnorak
    For RHP addons...
    18 Dec '07 12:07
    You're a chess machine. Can you tell us how you are able to play such electric chess consistently?

D
  8. 18 Dec '07 12:09
    There are far more consistant players then me around here - I just find people are more inclined to blunder in the hardcore tournaments, so I pick up more points in those.
  9. Standard member gambit05
    Mad Murdock
    18 Dec '07 12:10
    Originally posted by GalaxyShield
    Wrong, yet again. If you would have actually looked at them, you'd see that Tournament 2776 was a 1/0 Grand, which is actually almost as time demanding as 0/21 tournaments. And these are just from the overview. I'm sure out of the other 2000+ tournaments, there's quite a few who went undefeated, maybe even in a bigger tournament than yours.
    Interestingly, when I clicked this link, I saw that Dutch Defense said good bye.
  10. 24 Dec '07 10:24
    Tournament 2942

I guess congrats are due ……..

however, you have a long long way to go to beat this guy …

User 387165

2 consecutive 100% 1/0 grand’s

Tournament 2945
    Tournament 3023

And he’s managed to do this with a gameload in excess of 200, over 7000 moves this month AND maintaining a rating of 2100+

Now that’s what I call ‘perfect’ 😉
  11. 24 Dec '07 11:09
    He is a pretty good player, I agree. I am sure our paths will have to cross at some point - I want to win a tournament with him involved.
  12. Standard member HurricaneConway125
    SUPREMO OF SOMERSET
    26 Dec '07 14:12
    well you were far higher rated then anyone else in that time tourney so i should have expected you to win
  13. Standard member HandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    26 Dec '07 19:39
    Tournament 2942

Well done! Your victory was so stupendous, they had to spell winnner with three n's. 😉
  14. 12 Feb '08 20:23 / 1 edit
    what a great player indeed...now he's being great at home with his engine. how ironic 🙁
  15. 13 Feb '08 00:12
    Originally posted by Adorea
    what a great player indeed...now he's being great at home with his engine. how ironic 🙁
    I hope that you are talking about erice and not Tchex...because accusations are not welcome anywhere on the site.