1. Standard membermateulose
    Look, it's a title!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Dec '04 17:49
    Read the thread, "A perfect fit: Mateulose joins Metallica"

In there, No1Marauder says, and I quote:

"And I intend to PM all yer opponents when yer clan matchups are announced suggesting to them various opening that you can't handle, you know Knight outposts, Bc4 early in the Sicilian,etc"

Is this not threatening to cheat? As I understand the RHP rules, no 3rd parties are allowed to interfere under any circumstances with the game and offer any kind of advice, including something as subtle as openings. Of course, the said player has not cheated yet, but he has made it clear he threatens to do so, discuss. . .
  2. An airport near you
    Moves
    13 Dec '04 17:51
    In advance, not at all. During the game, yes it would be cheating.
  3. Donationbelgianfreak
    stitching you up
    Moves
    13 Dec '04 17:55
    but could the game not be considered started before the first move, once the pair have been matched? If so he'd be advising players in an active game.

It doesn't sound very sporting to be able to point out someone's weaknesses - if someone want's to know them shouldn't they have to look at past games themselves?
  4. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Moves
    13 Dec '04 17:59
    Originally posted by mateulose

"And I intend to PM all yer opponents when yer clan matchups are announced suggesting to them various opening that you can't handle, you know Knight outposts, Bc4 early in the Sicilian,etc"

Is this not threatening to cheat? As I understand th ...[text shortened]... he said player has not cheated yet, but he has made it clear he threatens to do so, discuss. . .
    I also threaten a lot of things,but a thing is to threaten,another thing is to execute the threaten.

Many times you threatened to don't play anymore on this site but you never did,yet unfortunately some fool paid for your subscription, and we all are condemned to hear your stupid whinings for more and more time again..................I still fail to understand why Boris picked up a sad individual like you.

But you know,when someone is really hungry he would eat everything........
  5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    13 Dec '04 18:034 edits

"And I intend to PM all yer opponents when yer clan matchups are announced suggesting to them various opening that you can't ha ...[text shortened]... yet, but he has made it clear he threatens to do so, discuss. . .
    What an idiot!! If I go to a OTB tournament with a friend, look at the tournament board and say "Oh, you're playing Mateulose, he doesn't like playing against the Sicilian and he's weak in endgames", you think I'm cheating???????????????????????????????????????? Grow up and get some actual chess experience - boy, Donovan, you and Boris are gonna be one happy couple!!!! Now who are ya playing next, let me check ...............

EDIT: Well, Boris is setting up an 11 man with Twin Peaks so you'll probably get Godzillion - I've played him, nice guy haven't talked to him for a while think I'll send him a howdy PM. And a 3 man with VAC, he'll probably put ya in that - new guy and all. Funny, I'm playing Hercules53 in the Clan League (in fact it's my move right now), so I can just message him in the game ...................
  6. Joined
    26 Dec '03
    Moves
    13 Dec '04 18:25

Is this not threatening to cheat? As I understand th ...[text shortened]... he said player has not cheated yet, but he has made it clear he threatens to do so, discuss. . .
    You're just one big brain fart arent you.
  7. Standard membermateulose
    Look, it's a title!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Dec '04 18:57
    Originally posted by belgianfreak
    but could the game not be considered started before the first move, once the pair have been matched? If so he'd be advising players in an active game.

It doesn't sound very sporting to be able to point out someone's weaknesses - if someone want's to know them shouldn't they have to look at past games themselves?
    Agreed, it's very close to cheating, and if it is not cheating, it's definately unsporting. Nice to see a non biased opinion. BTW, Marauder, someone beat you to the punch anyways, in almost any black game I'm playing now, I see the Bb5 white attack against my Sicilian when I play Nc6, a weird line I have always struggled with. I don't think this widespread play of a strange line is a mere coincidence. In fact, 100% of my black games are now that and a similar process in which the games are seriously going out of book.

No problem, play that crap against me if you must, once I learn to beat it through practice, I'll become a better player, I've already proven I can win in regular Sicilian lines, so play that crap, I don't care, let the arm race begin, your just increasing my ammunition. . .
  8. Joined
    26 Dec '03
    Moves
    13 Dec '04 19:03
    Agreed, it's very close to cheating, and if it is not cheating, it's definately unsporting. Nice to see a non biased opinion. BTW, Marauder, someone beat you to the punch anyways, in almost any black game I'm playing now, I see the Bb5 white attack against my Sicilian when I play Nc6, a weird line I have always struggled with. I don't think this widesp ...[text shortened]... o play that crap, I don't care, let the arm race begin, your just increasing my ammunition. . .
    Bb5 crap, isnt that the line that Morozevich plays ? Or is he going off book and is crap too ?

Idiot
  9. Joined
    26 Dec '03
    Moves
    13 Dec '04 19:071 edit
    Mateulose, I dont hate you, but while you are spamming out the constant trash of anyone who uses any system, tactic, opening, piece etc to beat you is crap, then my posts will keep pointing out your short coming and the fact that you shift the blame away from your utimate crapness at not being able to deal with new ideas in chess (that you havent seen before) If you can only play what you've spent hours learning from books then give up now.
  10. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    13 Dec '04 19:08
    Agreed, it's very close to cheating, and if it is not cheating, it's definately unsporting. Nice to see a non biased opinion. BTW, Marauder, someone beat you to the punch anyways, in almost any black game I'm playing now, I see the Bb5 white attack against my Sicilian when I play Nc6, a weird line I have always struggled with. I don't think this widesp ...[text shortened]... o play that crap, I don't care, let the arm race begin, your just increasing my ammunition. . .
    Maybe the fact that you posted an entire thread yipping about it might have given yer opponents a clue, eh Kasparov? BTW, how are those Metallica games going?
  11. Standard membermateulose
    Look, it's a title!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Dec '04 19:21
    Originally posted by Grayeyesofsorrow
    Bb5 crap, isnt that the line that Morozevich plays ? Or is he going off book and is crap too ?

Idiot
    It's out of book, try the setup on any computer engine, it will not recognize it. Whether it's crap or not, remains to me seen, but I figure there's a reason why so few play it and why it wasn't even considered a few years ago. BTW, don't confuse the setup with the Rossolimo, because as determined already, the setup is not a Rossolimo.
  12. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    13 Dec '04 19:421 edit
    Originally posted by Grayeyesofsorrow

Idiot
    He's talking about 1 e4 c5 2 Nc3 Nc6 3 Bb5 and yes, Morozevich has played it on more than a few occasions. I get over a 1,000 games on my databases with this line that "nobody" plays cuz it's such "crap". In fact, Spassky played it against Kasparov (have ya heard of them, Mateulose?) at Reykjavik in 1988 and drew against him.
  13. Standard membermateulose
    Look, it's a title!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Dec '04 01:09
    "I also threaten a lot of things,but a thing is to threaten,another thing is to execute the threaten."

Well, it's not like I can prove he's going to really execute. He could be executing now, and I wouldn't even know, I would have no way of knowing. I've got banned from the site before for merely "threatening the president of the United States", yet we all know, there is no possible way I can execute that and I was just being sarcastic, unlike no1marauder's case. He says he's going to do it (cheat, offer advice for ppl to beat me in games). It would be like me saying I'm going to kill someone out in the public, I'm sure the police would look into it.

At the very least, the mods should look into this and check to see if marauder will execute, but RHP is very corrupt and biased like any place, if anything, they would probably help marauder in his task...
  14. London
    Moves
    14 Dec '04 01:561 edit
    Originally posted by Ravello
    I also threaten a lot of things,but a thing is to threaten,another thing is to execute the threaten.
    Don't you know the threat is more dangerous than the execution itself? 😀
  15. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Moves
    14 Dec '04 02:13
    Originally posted by lucifershammer
    Don't you know the threat is more dangerous than the execution itself? 😀
    Funny enough is that Nimzowitsch said this during one of his earlier tournaments.........
    He hated all smokers,and he was about to play a smoker-opponent,so he said to one of the tourny referees: ''Please tell him to not smoke.''
    Referee:''But he's not smoking!''
    Nimzo:''Yes but he threatens to smoke and it's well known that the threat is more dangerous than the execution itself!''

Great Nimzo...........

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree