1. Joined
    03 Oct '06
    Moves
    13 Jan '09 15:19
    what is the policy for non-responsive players? specifically, if a player has not made an initial move during a tournament game? i assume that if the player has not moved by the timebank duration, the game will be awarded to the other player...?

in my case, i'm in the 2009 tourney and have a player who has not made any moves. i've sent multiple email reminders to no avail. also, the game in which this player is to move first claims that the timebank is depleting, but shows a full timebank -- can i assume that the timebank *is* depleting?

thanks!
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    13 Jan '09 16:261 edit
    Originally posted by shiftygypsy
    what is the policy for non-responsive players? specifically, if a player has not made an initial move during a tournament game? i assume that if the player has not moved by the timebank duration, the game will be awarded to the other player...?

in my case, i'm in the 2009 tourney and have a player who has not made any moves. i've sent multiple email r ...[text shortened]... leting, but shows a full timebank -- can i assume that the timebank *is* depleting?

thanks!
    He will lose on time out eventually.
    Either automatically, or by you clicking the skull.
    In reality this is not a problem.
  3. Joined
    06 Sep '07
    Moves
    14 Jan '09 20:01
    Also, it will not show for you that your opponents timebank is depleting if they are white, but it will be.
  4. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    19 Jan '09 10:39
    Originally posted by shiftygypsy

in my case, i'm in the 2009 tourney and have a player who has not made any moves. i've sent multiple email r ...[text shortened]... leting, but shows a full timebank -- can i assume that the timebank *is* depleting?

thanks!
    It will take 60 days (in this tournament) but you will then be able to claim the win (on time).
  5. Joined
    20 Apr '07
    Moves
    22 Feb '09 17:30
    What I find fascinating is any tournament entered by any player with any time control, is abused by the system. You enter a tournament with a 3/7 time control. You don't move but your clock doesn't move either. What is the point? The tournament starts is when the clock starts, that is usual in OTB but of course not here; it is when you move is when your clock starts, how strange and foriegn is that? Please fix this anomaly!! The tournament starts the clock starts sounds logical !
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Mar '09 21:51
    Originally posted by Katonah
    What I find fascinating is any tournament entered by any player with any time control, is abused by the system. You enter a tournament with a 3/7 time control. You don't move but your clock doesn't move either. What is the point? The tournament starts is when the clock starts, that is usual in OTB but of course not here; it is when you move is when your cloc ...[text shortened]... egn is that? Please fix this anomaly!! The tournament starts the clock starts sounds logical !
    White's clock DOES start. It's just that you cannot see how much time he has left because he hasn't moved yet. It does not update that info until he moves. If he times out, you still win.
  7. Standard memberO Artem O
    ParTizan
    Philadelphia, USA
    Moves
    08 Mar '09 16:18
    Originally posted by Katonah
    What I find fascinating is any tournament entered by any player with any time control, is abused by the system. You enter a tournament with a 3/7 time control. You don't move but your clock doesn't move either. What is the point? The tournament starts is when the clock starts, that is usual in OTB but of course not here; it is when you move is when your cloc ...[text shortened]... egn is that? Please fix this anomaly!! The tournament starts the clock starts sounds logical !
    think of it as the clock being covered 🙂 lol

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree