Tournaments Forum

Tournaments Forum

  1. Joined
    29 May '09
    Moves
    10
    01 Jun '09 06:06
    Hi, are there many tournaments available for non-subcribers and on regular basis? I would be interested in participating in such tournaments, preferably with long time controls. I'd be greatgul for any information in this regard.
  2. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirateā„¢
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Joined
    01 Dec '04
    Moves
    36332
    01 Jun '09 12:02
    Originally posted by ErnestHemingway
    Hi, are there many tournaments available for non-subcribers and on regular basis? I would be interested in participating in such tournaments, preferably with long time controls. I'd be greatgul for any information in this regard.
    There have been a few in the past but they were only trials and there's been no news on making them a regular event.

    Search for "Starless" on the Tournaments page if you want to see them.
  3. Standard memberSapanRinpoche
    Sapan Rinpoche
    Lyons, CO, USA, NA
    Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    53937
    04 Jun '09 06:12
    I am currently a non-subscriber and I am interested in joining some tournaments. However, looking at the whole (VAST, BEAUTIFUL, DIVERSE, WELL-ORGANIZED) range of ACTIVITIES on this site, I think it is best for the community to ENCOURAGE PLAYERS TO JOIN AND SUPPORT THE SITE! I am a retired pensioner on limited budget, but I have saved up the money and WILL BECOME A SUBSCRIBER SOON!

    I LOVE CHESS! Have played all my life (not entering USCF Tournaments until age 27 at the Chicago Chess Club). The fee is reasonable [this is not any Country Club -- but it is very good for the country and the world to have a well-organized ONLINE CHESS SERVICE such as RHP]! SO I think it is good, better, best to become a subscriber. See you soon! I won't create any WAVES here, but I do subscribe to the old adage ... "The old men will defeat the young whippersnappers, those of skill and means, with cunning, skillful means and utter treachery!" -- or something like that! So ... En Garde!

    Kindest regards,

    Sapan Rinpoche -- Certified Woodpusher and Chess-Widow-Maker
  4. is no semi-colon
    Joined
    14 Dec '08
    Moves
    23029
    04 Jun '09 11:49
    Originally posted by SapanRinpoche
    I am currently a non-subscriber and I am interested in joining some tournaments. However, looking at the whole (VAST, BEAUTIFUL, DIVERSE, WELL-ORGANIZED) range of ACTIVITIES on this site, I think it is best for the community to ENCOURAGE PLAYERS TO JOIN AND SUPPORT THE SITE! I am a retired pensioner on limited budget, but I have saved up the money and ...[text shortened]... En Garde!

    Kindest regards,

    Sapan Rinpoche -- Certified Woodpusher and Chess-Widow-Maker
    Good for you! I'm sure you won't regret subscribing. I certainly don't.
  5. Standard memberyavash
    lovin the sea breeze
    Up North!
    Joined
    21 Mar '07
    Moves
    69405
    10 Jun '09 17:27
    i think non-subscribers can access tournaments by joining a club and access some tournaments that way...
  6. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    11084
    10 Jun '09 21:59
    Originally posted by yavash
    i think non-subscribers can access tournaments by joining a club and access some tournaments that way...
    nope.
  7. Standard memberyavash
    lovin the sea breeze
    Up North!
    Joined
    21 Mar '07
    Moves
    69405
    16 Jun '09 14:12
    some clubs have tournaments running within them that can only be accessed by the members of that club - there is a club for non-subscribers that has tournaments running; i didnt mean that non-subscribers can have access to the normal tournaments only the tournaments within that club.. hope this makes it clearer
  8. Joined
    13 Apr '07
    Moves
    9795
    20 Jul '09 18:33
    I'm starting up another non-subscriber/provisional players tournament in the Provisional Club's forum. If you're interested, have a look.
  9. Standard memberpatrickrutgers
    Pale Yellow Star!
    Minneapolis
    Joined
    29 Sep '08
    Moves
    38250
    20 Jul '09 22:58
    Originally posted by MacBone
    I'm starting up another non-subscriber/provisional players tournament in the Provisional Club's forum. If you're interested, have a look.
    The tournament MacBone speaks of is in Provisional Club! Club 171. We try to keep up with non-subscriber tournaments in the club, which seems to be good for the site: more and more participants go on to become subscribers.
  10. Joined
    21 Feb '09
    Moves
    3676
    27 Jul '09 14:37
    Ilike to join the tournament. Where would I enter?

    gocobruno,
  11. Joined
    09 Mar '09
    Moves
    3742
    02 Aug '09 05:40
    eminentstudent, do you still have a free slot? like to join . smilingHyeana
Back to Top