Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Tournaments Forum

Tournaments Forum

1. 01 Jun '09 06:06
    Hi, are there many tournaments available for non-subcribers and on regular basis? I would be interested in participating in such tournaments, preferably with long time controls. I'd be greatgul for any information in this regard.
  2. Standard member Daemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirateā„¢
    01 Jun '09 12:02
    Originally posted by ErnestHemingway
    Hi, are there many tournaments available for non-subcribers and on regular basis? I would be interested in participating in such tournaments, preferably with long time controls. I'd be greatgul for any information in this regard.
    There have been a few in the past but they were only trials and there's been no news on making them a regular event.

Search for "Starless" on the Tournaments page if you want to see them.
  3. Standard member SapanRinpoche
    Sapan Rinpoche
    04 Jun '09 06:12
    I am currently a non-subscriber and I am interested in joining some tournaments. However, looking at the whole (VAST, BEAUTIFUL, DIVERSE, WELL-ORGANIZED) range of ACTIVITIES on this site, I think it is best for the community to ENCOURAGE PLAYERS TO JOIN AND SUPPORT THE SITE! I am a retired pensioner on limited budget, but I have saved up the money and WILL BECOME A SUBSCRIBER SOON!

I LOVE CHESS! Have played all my life (not entering USCF Tournaments until age 27 at the Chicago Chess Club). The fee is reasonable [this is not any Country Club -- but it is very good for the country and the world to have a well-organized ONLINE CHESS SERVICE such as RHP]! SO I think it is good, better, best to become a subscriber. See you soon! I won't create any WAVES here, but I do subscribe to the old adage ... "The old men will defeat the young whippersnappers, those of skill and means, with cunning, skillful means and utter treachery!" -- or something like that! So ... En Garde!

Kindest regards,

Sapan Rinpoche -- Certified Woodpusher and Chess-Widow-Maker
  4. Standard member Blackamp
    Death
    04 Jun '09 11:49
    Originally posted by SapanRinpoche
    I am currently a non-subscriber and I am interested in joining some tournaments. However, looking at the whole (VAST, BEAUTIFUL, DIVERSE, WELL-ORGANIZED) range of ACTIVITIES on this site, I think it is best for the community to ENCOURAGE PLAYERS TO JOIN AND SUPPORT THE SITE! I am a retired pensioner on limited budget, but I have saved up the money and ...[text shortened]... En Garde!

Kindest regards,

Sapan Rinpoche -- Certified Woodpusher and Chess-Widow-Maker
    Good for you! I'm sure you won't regret subscribing. I certainly don't.
  5. Standard member yavash
    lovin the sea breeze
    10 Jun '09 17:27
    i think non-subscribers can access tournaments by joining a club and access some tournaments that way...
  6. 10 Jun '09 21:59
    Originally posted by yavash
    i think non-subscribers can access tournaments by joining a club and access some tournaments that way...
    nope.
  7. Standard member yavash
    lovin the sea breeze
    16 Jun '09 14:12
    some clubs have tournaments running within them that can only be accessed by the members of that club - there is a club for non-subscribers that has tournaments running; i didnt mean that non-subscribers can have access to the normal tournaments only the tournaments within that club.. hope this makes it clearer
  8. 20 Jul '09 18:33
    I'm starting up another non-subscriber/provisional players tournament in the Provisional Club's forum. If you're interested, have a look.
  9. Standard member patrickrutgers
    Pale Yellow Star!
    20 Jul '09 22:58
    Originally posted by MacBone
    I'm starting up another non-subscriber/provisional players tournament in the Provisional Club's forum. If you're interested, have a look.
    The tournament MacBone speaks of is in Provisional Club! Club 171. We try to keep up with non-subscriber tournaments in the club, which seems to be good for the site: more and more participants go on to become subscribers.
  10. 27 Jul '09 14:37
    Ilike to join the tournament. Where would I enter?

gocobruno,
  11. 02 Aug '09 05:40
    eminentstudent, do you still have a free slot? like to join . smilingHyeana