1. Joined
    24 Mar '04
    Moves
    03 Oct '06 11:32
    hi there.

please could sum1 tell me if there are any tournaments to take part for non-subscribers? if there is, where & when?

thanx
  2. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    03 Oct '06 11:36

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. Joined
    24 Mar '04
    Moves
    03 Oct '06 11:53
    there used to be, but if thats the case, thanx.
  4. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    03 Oct '06 13:00

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

5. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Moves
    03 Oct '06 15:28
    Originally posted by RAZORS EDGE
    hi there.

please could sum1 tell me if there are any tournaments to take part for non-subscribers? if there is, where & when?

thanx
    if you can work out that it is in rhp's best interests for them to appear, then they probably will.

but that is not so easy.
  6. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    03 Oct '06 21:31
    Originally posted by flexmore
    if you can work out that it is in rhp's best interests for them to appear, then they probably will.

but that is not so easy.
    December 2004, an xmas tournament, that was the last one. Almost two years ago.
  7. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    04 Oct '06 12:35
    Originally posted by RAZORS EDGE
    hi there.

thanx
    The next one is due on the 30th February.

Not too long to wait now.

🙂
  8. Endor
    Moves
    26 Oct '06 13:15
    yes i heard there was one coming up soon
  9. Joined
    01 Nov '06
    Moves
    12 Nov '06 04:36
    Maybe one non-subscriber one every 6 months, or even three. Maybe lets non subs see how interesting subscribing can be and encourange them to do it!

Make it a no prize tourney. Can't hurt
  10. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    12 Nov '06 08:35
    Originally posted by MoneyMaker7
    Maybe one non-subscriber one every 6 months, or even three. Maybe lets non subs see how interesting subscribing can be and encourange them to do it!

Make it a no prize tourney. Can't hurt
    This site is Russ's Money Maker. He wouldn't be shaking it correctly if he let people join tournaments for free.
  11. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Nov '06 09:20
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    This site is Russ's Money Maker. He wouldn't be shaking it correctly if he let people join tournaments for free.
    ...and does all of that qualify for the "brown nose" of the year award or not?

Xanth, understand this, you are not going to be made a mod, no matter how close you get to Russ's fundamental.

You are so 'transy' that its not funny anymore. Jesus wept.

skeeter
  12. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    12 Nov '06 19:02
    Originally posted by skeeter
    ...and does all of that qualify for the "brown nose" of the year award or not?

Xanth, understand this, you are not going to be made a mod, no matter how close you get to Russ's fundamental.

You are so 'transy' that its not funny anymore. Jesus wept.

skeeter
    Wait, if I told him to get lost I'd be told that I wasn't being "friendly" enough, but if I make a joke (you might have missed it) then I'm brown nosing?
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Nov '06 19:411 edit
    Thread 49399[/b]
    Thread 48268[/b]
    Thread 51380[/b]
    Thread 51949[/b]

might help looking at some other threads before opening up a dulipicate one with the exact same question
  14. Donationbriancron
    nunquam perdo
    Washington, DC
    Moves
    13 Nov '06 02:06
    I think there should be regular non-subscriber tournements.

this site is also ad supported so making the site more addictive for commercial viewers is in RHPs best interest.

The only real problem I see with it is that you can't have big rounds and if someone advances to round 2 but they also accepted a few open invites the tourney would push them over thier total games or it would delay the tournment.

The workaround for this would be to count all of the potential games in advance of winning a round against the nonsub's limit. So even if they only have 1 active game they can't start new games because they have advanced in the tourney.
  15. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    13 Nov '06 11:57
    I would have a trouney fro them, but duells is the only way. And I would do a long timescale like 21/28 then we would soon have a thread, how can I make my opponent move.

Please, dear non-subs. There are threads already about non-moving players, the problem will be worse in torunament games, which you cannot kill if the opponent doesn't move.

The 6 game limit should still be enforced. That is easy if the tournament games are slipped in when a game ends. This will also amuse those who are waiting for the next round to continue

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree