1. Joined
    26 Nov '03
    Moves
    01 Oct '04 06:06
    Is it my imagination or has the number of tournaments recently been cut back? I haven't been a subscriber for that long but I seem to recall that there were plenty of tournaments open a few months ago. Recently however I always seem to find a blank page when I try and find an open tournament, or am I missing a pattern about when they are offered online? eg are they generally started on a particular day or time of the month?
  2. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Moves
    01 Oct '04 17:38
    Originally posted by stevetodd
    Is it my imagination or has the number of tournaments recently been cut back? I haven't been a subscriber for that long but I seem to recall that there were plenty of tournaments open a few months ago. Recently however I always seem to find a blank page when I try and find an open tournament, or am I missing a pattern about when they are offered online? eg are they generally started on a particular day or time of the month?
    Maybe you're missing something because in September 37 tournaments has been started.
  3. Joined
    08 Sep '04
    Moves
    01 Oct '04 19:091 edit
    I think a lot of tournaments were banded (or at least my flat-mate said they were who is a subsciber)
  4. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Moves
    01 Oct '04 19:45
    Did you see with your eyes or you listen only to what your flatmate says?
  5. Standard memberArther
    The Turtle Hermit
    Turtle Island
    Moves
    01 Oct '04 21:24
    What I've noticed is that the tournaments seem to be being organized in lots. We'll get a batch of tournaments all at once, then... silence. Hey Russ! You think we could space 'em out a bit?
  6. Joined
    02 Oct '04
    Moves
    02 Oct '04 13:15
    Hi. I would love to join a tournament but i dont know how. Please help... I'm new to the site but i'm efficient in my gaming.
  7. Delft, Netherlands
    Moves
    02 Oct '04 13:23
    If you become a subscriber you can acces tournements
  8. Joined
    08 Sep '04
    Moves
    03 Oct '04 09:243 edits
    Originally posted by Ravello
    Did you see with your eyes or you listen only to what your flatmate says?
    If you haven't got anything constructive to say why both posting anything? this is just a waste of time. But as you responded so will I, when I looked there were no tournaments at all (but I joined after sept 1st) which was why I asked my flatmate and my question prompted him to post this thread. I have no idea what motivated you to ask me that, but perhaps that it is now out of the way we could continue with intelligent comments on this thread (as all the others have been doing so).
  9. Joined
    26 Nov '03
    Moves
    03 Oct '04 10:20
    Originally posted by Arther
    What I've noticed is that the tournaments seem to be being organized in lots. We'll get a batch of tournaments all at once, then... silence. Hey Russ! You think we could space 'em out a bit?
    Yes I think you are correct, it just depends on whether you are lucky enough to get on the site at the right time or not
  10. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Moves
    03 Oct '04 12:302 edits
    Originally posted by Tien
    If you haven't got anything constructive to say why both posting anything? this is just a waste of time. But as you responded so will I, when I looked there were no tournaments at all (but I joined after sept 1st) which was why I asked my fla ...[text shortened]... nt comments on this thread (as all the others have been doing so).
    want a constructive dialogue? strat to read what you wrote first:

I think a lot of tournaments were banded (or at least my flat-mate said they were who is a subsciber)

This statement of yours means that:
    A)you were not sure what you were saying
    B) you took for good what your flat mate said,without verifying it for yourself

Now let's take this other statement by you: ''intelligent comments on this thread (as all the others have been doing so)''
    A)I made my ''intelligent comment'' saying that 37 tournys started this month (only 20% were banded)
    B)go listen to other ''intelligents comments'' like this: We'll get a batch of tournaments all at once, then... silence.

On top of that I may come rude to you because in another thread here you made this very silly statement:''I've just joined (my flatmate has been a member for a few months) and I have not subscribed for this very reason, it seems the site is more concerned with the elite members.''

Can you explain what the hell you mean saying that ''the site is concerned with elite members''?
    That is not a democratic site?
    That they make only tournaments for people rated 2000+?
    hmmmm?
  11. Joined
    08 Sep '04
    Moves
    03 Oct '04 15:13
    want a constructive dialogue? strat to read what you wrote first:

[b]I think a lot of tournaments were banded (or at least my flat-mate said they were who is a subsciber)

This statement of yours means that:
    A)you were not sure what you were saying
    B) you took for good what your flat mate said,without verifying it for yourself

Now let's take ...[text shortened]...
    That is not a democratic site?
    That they make only tournaments for people rated 2000+?
    hmmmm?[/b]
    I have absolutely no interest in entering into irrelevant debates with people who have severe personality disorders and have nothing better to do than argue with other people. Haven't you got anything better to do with your time? I ceratinly have! which is why I am not going to spend any more of time responding to you because I have a lot of good things going on in my life without wasting my time on you. Goodbye (and I hope your life gets better and whatever made you such an angry person was temporary and over now)
  12. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Moves
    03 Oct '04 16:121 edit
    Ha,you've nothing better to say about tournaments than make suppositions on my life uh?

''you have nothing better to do than argue with other people''

I thought forums were made to argue with people.

13. Joined
    04 Apr '04
    Moves
    03 Oct '04 16:19
    Originally posted by Tien
    I have absolutely no interest in entering into irrelevant debates with people who have severe personality disorders and have nothing better to do than argue with other people. Haven't you got anything better to do with your time? I ceratinly have! which is why I am not going to spend any more of time responding to you because I have a lot of good things going ...[text shortened]... ope your life gets better and whatever made you such an angry person was temporary and over now)
    Hmm
    Translation to this is:
    "I have nothing good to say, so I am going to act as if I am better then you, and change topic because I know I was wrong before"

Is it so hard for you to admit that you were wrong?

PS: I guess it is a coinsedence that you and your flat mate play the exact same openings? 😉

FNM
  14. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Moves
    03 Oct '04 16:28
    Originally posted by Faith No More
    Hmm
    Translation to this is:
    "I have nothing good to say, so I am going to act as if I am better then you, and change topic because I know I was wrong before"

Is it so hard for you to admit that you were wrong?

PS: I guess it is a coinsedence that you and your flat mate play the exact same openings? 😉

FNM
    Good point,those newbies can't really argue........................do you want to kick my ass again in a game?
  15. Joined
    04 Apr '04
    Moves
    03 Oct '04 16:42
    Good point,those newbies can't really argue........................do you want to kick my ass again in a game?
    Sure, I'll send it over

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree