1. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    29 Dec '02 00:02
    Here's an idea for those who want to play faster games...

Has anyone considered a 'one day' tournament. The whole tournament would have to be completed in a 24 hour period.

When time is expired, games still in progress would count against both players.

just a thought...
    Marc
  2. Standard memberGordonK
    MAP Challenger
    London
    Moves
    30 Dec '02 02:261 edit
    Originally posted by mwmiller
    When time is expired, games still in progress would count against both players.

just a thought...
    Marc
    Another way to do it would be that when the 24 hour period expires, the player who had spent least time idle would win the match. So, if a move is posted at 11:00 and the opponent moves at 11:15, that is 15 minutes towards their idle time... This would encourage speedy moving.
  3. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    30 Dec '02 10:541 edit
    Yes, there are probably a number of things that would need to be worked out in setting it all up, but I do think it would be a good idea.

My thought was that if both players loose points for unfinished games, they would both be equally inclined to try and get it finished in the alloted time.

One thing would be to keep the group size very small so players could reasonably get done in one day. Probably should set it up for a weekend as well.

regards, Marc
  4. DonationLuck
    TEA PARTY MEMBER
    St Maarten, Neth Ant
    Moves
    30 Dec '02 14:241 edit
    The weekend version would work fine!
    The tournament should have the start time stated (in RHP time) as well as the finishing time.
    Players should get points for wins, draws, and moves made (I don't know how that would work, but something like that because if the player would stall the game because he or she is loosing, then they should not be awarded a draw).
    One way to accomplish that is to award a point for a unfinished game, two for a loss, three for a draw, four for a win and ZERO points for a T/O loss!

Sincerely,
    Harri
    a.k.a. Luck

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree