DonationLuck
Tournaments 10 Jan '03 21:58
  1. DonationLuck
    TEA PARTY MEMBER
    St Maarten, Neth Ant
    Moves
    10 Jan '03 21:58
    Russ and Chris,

Could we right down the rules for the tournaments and have them posted. I want to keep the tournament interesting as long as possible because if the player is in the group with David, NJ, Gilbert, Curator, and many other great players, the competition is over basically when the group assignments are done!!!!!
    If the player for example would get as many points as any other group winners, then all the players who received this point amount should go to the next round. If I was in a great with sintubin and when he would had killed me as usual, I still could have a chance to go to the next round if i would defeat the rest of the players in my group. I think that would motivate some weaker players like me to concentrate more on my remaining games.

Looks at one of the tournament, 2 players in each group, and the group 1 has the two best players in that tournament, unfortunately for Dustin (dustnrogers), he may be out if he cannot beat mwest, that is very hard! if the group sizes had been larger, thenprobably both would go to the next round, and the should, since they are the two strongest players in the tournament.

What about when the winner takes a break and will not play the next round? who is going the play if any!!!!!?????

Sincerely,

Harri
    a.k.a. Luck
  2. Standard memberhayz
    King of ... Stuff
    Canada
    Moves
    13 Jan '03 17:56
    I also find it discouraging to be placed against the top players, who will probably go on to win the tournament, in the first round... However, someone has to play them, and I wont win the tourney anyway. 🙂 soo.. I think we just need to bite the bullet and take our lickin'. Then study study study before the next tourney. 😉
  3. DonationLuck
    TEA PARTY MEMBER
    St Maarten, Neth Ant
    Moves
    23 Jan '03 23:05
    Originally posted by hayz
    I also find it discouraging to be placed against the top players, who will probably go on to win the tournament, in the first round... However, someone has to play them, and I wont win the tourney anyway. 🙂 soo.. I think we just need to bite the bullet and take our lickin'. Then study study study before the next tourney. 😉
    I know, it is also less interesting for the top players to play games which they could win without being challenged, they loose interest and get bored!

Harri / Luck
  4. Donationlegionnaire
    Free Thinker
    New York City
    Moves
    24 Jan '03 03:29
    My bracket in the New Year's tournament was a similar situation - the lowest rated player in the bracket is over 1300, and the competition is tough for everyone in this bracket, yet other brackets had more than one player rated lower than 1200. Not to complain, the tournament is great, and it's all in good fun, but I'd love a chance to make it to the next round!!!

-mike

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree