Tournaments Forum

Tournaments Forum

  1. Joined
    21 Oct '05
    Moves
    5023
    10 May '06 08:37
    I'm a tourney virgin and I've noticed that a couple have started already as they've reached 64 players. What about the others? Is there a date on which they will start regardless? Will it be in May??
  2. Behind you...
    Joined
    24 Feb '04
    Moves
    28311
    10 May '06 08:51
    Originally posted by buckie10
    I'm a tourney virgin and I've noticed that a couple have started already as they've reached 64 players. What about the others? Is there a date on which they will start regardless? Will it be in May??
    July. Duh.
  3. Joined
    18 Mar '05
    Moves
    17578
    10 May '06 09:04
    Originally posted by buckie10
    I'm a tourney virgin and I've noticed that a couple have started already as they've reached 64 players. What about the others? Is there a date on which they will start regardless? Will it be in May??
    The commencement of a tournament does not depend on the date but the number of players. Once the tourneys are all filled then the tourneys will commence. Some tourneys filled in quickly because there are more players whose ranking fits into the range especially the banded tourneys. And normally as it is a monthly banded tourney they will definite commence in May.
  4. Joined
    21 Oct '05
    Moves
    5023
    10 May '06 09:12
    Originally posted by ericwong
    The commencement of a tournament does not depend on the date but the number of players. Once the tourneys are all filled then the tourneys will commence. Some tourneys filled in quickly because there are more players whose ranking fits into the range especially the banded tourneys. And normally as it is a monthly banded tourney they will definite commence in May.
    Yep, I realise that the ones that have started are the wider bands with a bigger catchment. What I wasn't sure of is if the others could/would start without getting to 64 entries. As there's a minimum and a maximum number of entries set it seems to imply that they can start if the maximum number of competitors isn't reached but the minimum is. So my question is really will they, who decides and, if so, when?
  5. Joined
    26 Mar '06
    Moves
    2278
    10 May '06 11:50
    Originally posted by buckie10
    Yep, I realise that the ones that have started are the wider bands with a bigger catchment. What I wasn't sure of is if the others could/would start without getting to 64 entries. As there's a minimum and a maximum number of entries set it seems to imply that they can start if the maximum number of competitors isn't reached but the minimum is. So my question is really will they, who decides and, if so, when?
    Russ/Chris are actually the persons who decide when to start the tourneys. The banded tourneys for the month of May as it is most of it are still not filled up yet so it will take some time. It could be within a week or less than that depending how fast the places for the tourney are filled.
  6. Joined
    21 Oct '05
    Moves
    5023
    10 May '06 13:23
    Originally posted by hey man
    Russ/Chris are actually the persons who decide when to start the tourneys. The banded tourneys for the month of May as it is most of it are still not filled up yet so it will take some time. It could be within a week or less than that depending how fast the places for the tourney are filled.
    Thanks
  7. Joined
    02 Apr '06
    Moves
    7067
    11 May '06 17:43
    must...start...banded 1600-1699....need...more...games...
  8. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    43938
    15 May '06 19:50
    Please, let's start the rest of May's banded - now. I'm but so eager to start, waited too long already...
Back to Top