1. Joined
    26 Dec '05
    Moves
    13 Jan '06 17:02
    With only a king and three pawns to a queen and three pawns Gar is immaturely refusing to resign game because I emailed same to resign.

Such a little wafe twitt is daffy.

The Running Man
  2. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    13 Jan '06 17:09
    Originally posted by The Running Man
    With only a king and three pawns to a queen and three pawns Gar is immaturely refusing to resign game because I emailed same to resign.

The Running Man
    Just checkmate him if you have him that beat.

Check out this thread for the opinion of people who ask their opponents to resign. Thread 36013

D
  3. 127.0.0.1
    Moves
    13 Jan '06 17:59

The Running Man
    If you have only Q + 3 pawns then he has already won.

That said, it is highly impolite to ask your opponent to resign. It would also be impolite of him to sit there and use his 60 days of timebank without moving.
  4. Standard memberkwgoodwin
    Patently Geeky
    US Midwest
    Moves
    13 Jan '06 20:30

The Running Man
    The important thing is that you're not bitter.

Glad to see you're taking the high road on this...
  5. Joined
    19 Jul '05
    Moves
    13 Jan '06 22:171 edit

The Running Man
    I hope that he drags the game until the last move and until the last second of his timebank.
    Players begging for resignation are so arrogant and pathetic.
  6. Berks.
    Moves
    13 Jan '06 22:49
    Whilst I'd certainly consider bad manners to ask for a resignation, keep playing until you force the win, or he resigns.

And without making too much of a comment about the game, it isn't actually K & 3P v K, Q & 3P. He has one of those strange castle like things.
  7. Standard memberorfeo
    Paralysed analyst
    On a ship of fools
    Moves
    14 Jan '06 14:56
    Originally posted by Peakite
    Whilst I'd certainly consider bad manners to ask for a resignation, keep playing until you force the win, or he resigns.

And without making too much of a comment about the game, it isn't actually K & 3P v K, Q & 3P. He has one of those strange castle like things.
    You cannot be serious. Can someone be so deranged as to not even know what's on the board when asking their opponent to resign?
  8. Standard memberbuffalobill
    Major Bone
    On yer tail ...
    Moves
    14 Jan '06 15:27
    Originally posted by Peakite

I noticed. One of the major pieces with the twiddly bits around the top?
  9. Standard memberdweezil
    Canuck savant
    Moves
    18 Jan '06 21:58

The Running Man
    Didn't notice this until today, BUT:

I also got an email from The Running Man, asking me either to move or resign. My crime? Not moving faster than the mutually agreed upon time controls of a clan challenge between us that HE initated.

Time controls are 7/28. My next move is January 25th, roughly 16:00 EST. This game should be approximately equal in length in weeks to the number of moves I make. Longer if he doesn't move instantly after I do.

Quite often I will resign in what looks to be a hopeless situation. Anyone wanna predict whether I will here if the situation comes up?

Great idea Fisich, but I already started about 3 weeks ago! 😉
  10. Standard memberTrains44
    Full speed locomotiv
    Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Jan '06 17:20

The Running Man
    Do I see a white rook there too? You said just a king and 3 pawns.
  11. Standard memberTrains44
    Full speed locomotiv
    Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Jan '06 17:33

The Running Man
    Get it right, Running Man.
  12. Joined
    20 Jun '03
    Moves
    26 Jan '06 00:35

The Running Man
    Just shut it you twerp
  13. Subscriberinvigorate
    Only 1 F in Uckfield
    Buxted UK
    Moves
    26 Jan '06 23:28
    I'm playing running man.

I have king and bishop he has king. I offered a draw he ignored it. I tried to claim a draw thinking that I cant win and he cant win but my claim was rejected.

What happens in these circumstances?
  14. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    26 Jan '06 23:35
    Originally posted by invigorate
    I'm playing running man.

I have king and bishop he has king. I offered a draw he ignored it. I tried to claim a draw thinking that I cant win and he cant win but my claim was rejected.

What happens in these circumstances?
    He's trying to beat you on time, I bet.

I thought that Russ had a system in place where you could just claim a draw due to insufficient material.

Maybe send feedback.

D
  15. Subscriberinvigorate
    Only 1 F in Uckfield
    Buxted UK
    Moves
    26 Jan '06 23:40
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    He's trying to beat you on time, I bet.

I thought that Russ had a system in place where you could just claim a draw due to insufficient material.

Maybe send feedback.

D
    Eventually he offered the draw. But I think we need an insufficient material claim draw option.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree