1. Joined
    29 Mar '05
    Moves
    02 Sep '07 09:15
    Are there ever any Swiss format tournaments? Does the interface support this format?

And how often does this question get asked? :p
  2. Joined
    10 Dec '06
    Moves
    02 Sep '07 10:47
    Originally posted by cheekbones3
    Are there ever any Swiss format tournaments? Does the interface support this format?

Never seen one here,

It would also take quite long to finish a 7roubd swiss tournament. But I like the idea.
  3. Joined
    03 Feb '04
    Moves
    02 Sep '07 12:05
    Maybe a 1/7 or 0/1 time limit would be good for a Swiss. Would ensure the tournament doesn't take forever. Not sure if it can be done though ( software wise ). Russ?
  4. SubscriberFlying Dwarf
    Hunter of Texas Pete
    ....thats a secret
    Moves
    02 Sep '07 14:35
    Originally posted by cheekbones3

Apologies for ignorance......but what are Swiss format tournaments?
  5. I pity the fool!
    Moves
    04 Sep '07 00:13
    it is a round based system where everyone plays a set number of games (no knockouts like the current tournaments). The good bit, though, is that each round people are paired against opponants of the same score (if possible) meaning that if you keep winning then you have to play stronger and stronger opposition but, conversely, if you keep losing then you will get paired against other players who have lost their games so you dont get too disheartened as you will be getting a more level match.
  6. Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    08 Sep '07 19:15
    agreed

i would like to see a few banded swiss'

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree