Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Tournaments Forum

Tournaments Forum

1. Standard member RookRAK
    Out of drinks
    18 Dec '05 02:20
    All contributors to the Dead-Thread, aka "Thread-Killing Champ (May '05)" are invited to participate in a new tournament:

The Plumber Memorial Dead-Thread Swiss Challenge

The tournament will be run as a Swiss System tournament, outside of normal RHP tournament control (I don't think Russ offers a swiss option). I.e. you will be assigned an opponent each round, you and your opponent will create/play the pair of games, and report the results.

Since this tournament is a Swiss system, no one is eliminated. Everyone will be given a match every round. Winner will be the player with the most accumulated points.

Number of rounds will depend on number of players entered. If less than 8 entries then 3 rounds, 9-16 players then 4 rounds, more than 16 players then 5 rounds.

Default time for the games will be 3/7, but if both players agree you may use a different one.

To enter, either PM me, or reply to this thread that you'd like to play.

If you appear in the below list then you are eligible.

abalone, adramforall, Aiko, angie88, ark13, arrakis, bambee, bbarr, blindchesscake, Bosse de Nage, c99ux, celticcountry, CenterNut, Chakan, Checkmate187, chessnut57, chris stephens, Coconut, Crowley, D43MON, Daemon Sin, darvlay, DeepThought, demonseed, dfm65, dottewell, ellohiym chanan, elvendreamgirl, Fat mans revenge, Freddie2004, GalaxyShield, gaurav2711, genius, Hand of Hecate, hopscotch, invigorate, jimslyp69, KneverKnight, kwgoodwin, marinakatomb, Mesmiris, mokko, Moldy Crow, murrow, Nordlys, Nyxie, oishi, orfeo, Otis, PBE6, Peachy, penejo, phil nutley, Phlabibit, PocketKings, Remora91, rhb, rmacken, rockymcgee, RookRAK, schakuhr, seraphimvulture, Shanshu311, shavixmir, Sicilian Smaug, Siskin, slimjim, sonhouse, Starrman, The Plumber, Tirau Dan, UmbrageOfSnow, Whats goin on eh, widget, Wildfire, wucky3, Wulebgr, XanthosNZ, xs, zakkwylder

We're still trying to determine a suitable prize.
  2. 18 Dec '05 02:29
    I'm in (reluctantly ).
  3. Standard member RookRAK
    Out of drinks
    18 Dec '05 02:30
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    I'm in (reluctantly ).
    Thanks Nordlys - it would hardly be right to have it without you
  4. Standard member GalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    18 Dec '05 02:40
    I'm in. We should ask Russ if the winner can have a little R.I.P. tombstone in the winners profile.
  5. Standard member RookRAK
    Out of drinks
    18 Dec '05 02:41
    Originally posted by GalaxyShield
    I'm in. We should ask Russ if the winner can have a little R.I.P. tombstone in the winners profile.
    An excellent idea ...
  6. Standard member RookRAK
    Out of drinks
    18 Dec '05 02:42
    In so far:

RookRAK
    Nordlys
    The Plumber
    ark13
    GalaxyShield

Those who expressed an interest before format was announced (i.e. please confirm)

Wildfire
    Whats goin on eh
    zakkwylder
    murrow (aka murxie)
    whats goin on eh
  7. 18 Dec '05 02:57
    Originally posted by RookRAK
    In so far:

RookRAK
    Nordlys
    The Plumber
    ark13
    GalaxyShield

Those who expressed an interest before format was announced (i.e. please confirm)

Wildfire
    Whats goin on eh
    zakkwylder
    murrow (aka murxie)
    whats goin on eh
    Whats goin on eh?
  8. Standard member zakkwylder
    Mouth for war
    18 Dec '05 05:59
    Originally posted by RookRAK
    zakkwylder
    Last but not least.
  9. Donation murrow
    penguinpuffin
    18 Dec '05 11:03
    I ai'nt gonna miss this, count me in.
  10. Standard member Aiko
    Nearing 200000...!
    18 Dec '05 11:28
    I have no idea what to do, but I seem eligible, so I am taking that seat.
  11. Standard member Freddie2008
    9 Edits
    18 Dec '05 12:20
    moi aussi
  12. Standard member RookRAK
    Out of drinks
    18 Dec '05 17:34
    The latest entry list:

RookRAK
    Nordlys
    The Plumber
    ark13
    GalaxyShield
    Whats goin on eh
    zakkwylder
    murrow (aka murxie)
    Aiko
    Freddie2004
  13. Subscriber Peakite On Vacation
    Sais
    18 Dec '05 18:32
    For this to be a memorial tournament doesn't someone need to shoot The Plumber first?
  14. 18 Dec '05 20:10
    Originally posted by Peakite
    For this to be a memorial tournament doesn't someone need to shoot The Plumber first?
    We will see to it.
  15. Standard member RookRAK
    Out of drinks
    18 Dec '05 20:58
    Originally posted by Peakite
    Since this was for the dead-threadm we were hoping everyone would start questioning whether The Plumber was indeed alive. He's entered in the tournament, but being alive is not a requirement.