-Adam
  2. Florida
    Moves
    03 Jan '03 02:37
    Originally posted by UncleAdam
    Here is a fourm for [b]The Rookie Cup

-Adam[/b]
    Adam,

Thanks for starting the post! I'm glad Russ and Chris started this Tournament. I got demolished on the last one. HotPawn destroyed me. I enjoyed the games, but felt humiliated. I actually lost all of them. I played some nice people though.

I might have a chance to win a game or two in this one. Good luck to all in it.

Doug πŸ™‚
  3. Steelers Country
    Moves
    03 Jan '03 02:401 edit
    Originally posted by Flash
    Adam,

Thanks for starting the post! I'm glad Russ and Chris started this Tournament. I got demolished on the last one. HotPawn destroyed me. I enjoyed the games, but felt humiliated. I actually lost all of them. I played some nice p ...[text shortened]... win a game or two in this one. Good luck to all in it.

Doug πŸ™‚
    Your welcome Doug,
    And good luck to you tooπŸ˜€

-Adam
  4. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    03 Jan '03 04:33
    I do not understand the name for this tournament. Someone who is new to this site would start off with a rating of 1200. Hence, a true rookie would be barred from entering this tournament because his rating would be too high.
  5. Donationvaknso
    The Ambassador
    Charleston SC. USA
    Moves
    03 Jan '03 05:07
    Originally posted by rwingett
    I do not understand the name for this tournament. Someone who is new to this site would start off with a rating of 1200. Hence, a true rookie would be barred from entering this tournament because his rating would be too high.
    I understand what you are saying. A rookie to Red Hot Pawn would be rated too high. A rookie chess player would not. Imagine a new player to the site but very skillfull, He would tend to be rated higher after one or two games. I believe, It is meant to include those new to chess and not the site. Of course, Some very experienced players still play like rookies. I should be in this tournament, but I'm not qualified yet.
    John
  6. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    08 Jan '03 16:48
    Originally posted by rwingett
    I do not understand the name for this tournament. Someone who is new to this site would start off with a rating of 1200.
    Ah, but...

Tournaments are only open to pawn stars, and there are very few of those who have never completed a few games before they sign up.

So, it does work πŸ˜‰

-Russ
  7. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    08 Jan '03 16:50
    We just need one more person before we can kick this one off with even groups. I will wait another 2 days, at which point I will start it regardless.

-Russ
  8. DonationLuck
    TEA PARTY MEMBER
    St Maarten, Neth Ant
    Moves
    09 Jan '03 04:21
    Russ,
    Why not start now since there are 18 in that tournament now!
    You should changes it to three players in each group, the six group winners (groups 1, 3 and 5 in one group and the group winners 2, 4, and 6 in the other half) would go to next round, two groups of three, and again the group winners would meet in a final.

Harri
    a.k.a. Luck
  9. Donationvaknso
    The Ambassador
    Charleston SC. USA
    Moves
    09 Jan '03 04:39
    Originally posted by Luck
    Russ,
    You should changes it to three players in each group, the six group winners (groups 1, 3 and 5 in one group and the group winners 2, 4, and 6 in the other half) would go to next round, two groups of three, and again the group winners would meet in a final.

Harri
    a.k.a. Luck
    Harri,
    Heck NO, YOu cant play in the rookie cup anyway. I dont care how much you want to. πŸ˜€
    John
  10. DonationLuck
    TEA PARTY MEMBER
    St Maarten, Neth Ant
    Moves
    09 Jan '03 05:36
    JOHN=KING

I don't think Russ and Chris would not let me in the tournament, perhaps they should! I am a rookie, playing my first year at the wonderful RHP!!!!!!!!!!!!πŸ˜€

I guess I have to start another 200 games and very soon my points would be below 1150!!πŸ˜‰

Sincerely,πŸ™‚

Harri
    a.k.a. LuckπŸ˜‰
  11. Steelers Country
    Moves
    09 Jan '03 05:53
    Originally posted by Luck
    Russ,

Harri
    a.k.a. Luck
    I AgreeπŸ˜€
  12. Joined
    19 Aug '02
    Moves
    09 Jan '03 10:11
    Originally posted by Russ
    We just need one more person before we can kick this one off with even groups. I will wait another 2 days, at which point I will start it regardless.

-Russ
    Russ
    What are the rules for the second round, if we end up with an odd number of groups ?

mike
  13. Steelers Country
    Moves
    10 Jan '03 22:18
    Yaaaaaa! It STARTEDπŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€
  14. Florida
    Moves
    11 Jan '03 00:18
    Originally posted by UncleAdam
    Yaaaaaa! It [b]STARTEDπŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€[/b]
    I agree! I'm glad it's started. Hope the best to all. I'm looking forward to this new challenge. I still have a lot to learn, but at least I'm having fun.

Doug
  15. Standard memberdlowe
    ducky
    Rogue River, OR
    Moves
    03 Feb '03 22:22
    I am in this tournament, and my opponent has just timed out... should I claim the win, or would that be rude?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree