Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Tournaments Forum

Tournaments Forum

  1. Standard member cadwah
    ¯\_(^.^)_/¯
    05 Dec '06 22:34
    In Tournament 1201 it seems that Asthereal won't be making any moves and will most probably get timed out as black, but as he hasn't made his 1st move as white his timebank isn't depleting, what happens here? Does the tournament get held up indefinitly or what?
  2. Standard member rbmorris
    Vampyroteuthis
    05 Dec '06 23:02
    Originally posted by cadwah
    In Tournament 1201 it seems that Asthereal won't be making any moves and will most probably get timed out as black, but as he hasn't made his 1st move as white his timebank isn't depleting, what happens here? Does the tournament get held up indefinitly or what?
    No, I think he gets automatically timed out at some point. I'm not sure exactly when though.
  3. 06 Dec '06 00:29
    Originally posted by rbmorris
    No, I think he gets automatically timed out at some point. I'm not sure exactly when though.
    2 days after the timebank runs out
  4. 06 Dec '06 12:23
    Originally posted by cadwah
    In Tournament 1201 it seems that Asthereal won't be making any moves and will most probably get timed out as black, but as he hasn't made his 1st move as white his timebank isn't depleting, what happens here? Does the tournament get held up indefinitly or what?
    His timebank is actually being used up. The easiest way to see this is to go your 'my games' page and click the info button next to his game.
  5. Standard member MTB
    03 Jan '07 23:00
    Originally posted by zebano
    His timebank is actually being used up. The easiest way to see this is to go your 'my games' page and click the info button next to his game.
    I am in a tournament where the timebank is not being used up. The tourney started on '30 Dec '06 19:00', but black still has full timeout and timebank.

    Game: 2956760 Game 2956760

    Any ideas?
  6. 20 Mar '07 18:47
    Slightly different problem, a guy in our group used up his three days allowed and then 7 day timebank before moving, and now moves just before the time expires, even though he is playing other games. Now he has put up "on vacation return 3/24" but is still making moves! What happens now?
  7. 21 Mar '07 14:56
    Originally posted by Tonx
    Slightly different problem, a guy in our group used up his three days allowed and then 7 day timebank before moving, and now moves just before the time expires, even though he is playing other games. Now he has put up "on vacation return 3/24" but is still making moves! What happens now?
    I am in a tournament with the same player. I think this is a clear case of abusing the vacation system.
  8. 21 Mar '07 18:21
    Originally posted by Tonx
    Slightly different problem, a guy in our group used up his three days allowed and then 7 day timebank before moving, and now moves just before the time expires, even though he is playing other games. Now he has put up "on vacation return 3/24" but is still making moves! What happens now?
    You wait till they make next move and then you move and so on and so on.

    What is the problem? They are moving within the agreed timescales.

  9. 21 Mar '07 18:25
    Originally posted by cheshirecatstevens
    I am in a tournament with the same player. I think this is a clear case of abusing the vacation system.
    They are playing within the clearly agreed rules. The stupid vacation rules were implemented following a majority vote

    [voteid]13[/voteid]

    Annoying yes, legal yes.

    Just beat them.
  10. 26 Mar '07 15:00
    Originally posted by cheshirecatstevens
    I am in a tournament with the same player. I think this is a clear case of abusing the vacation system.
    Is it lastpawnstanding? He's doing it to me too. Very annoying.
  11. Standard member XanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    26 Mar '07 22:11
    Originally posted by connerac
    Is it lastpawnstanding? He's doing it to me too. Very annoying.
    IF IT IS ANNOYING YOU THEN YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE PLAYED GAMES WITH SHUCH LONG TIMEOUT/TIMEBANK .
  12. 27 Mar '07 04:36
    Originally posted by adramforall
    They are playing within the clearly agreed rules. The stupid vacation rules were implemented following a majority vote

    [voteid]13[/voteid]

    Annoying yes, legal yes.

    Just beat them.
    He ran out of time then put up the flag. I didn't get to click the skull because when I went to bed he still had an hour. The flag went up after I was asleep. He had 0 time left and 0 time bank he used the vacation flag as a safety net. Its not a big deal.
  13. 27 Mar '07 19:41
    Originally posted by cheshirecatstevens
    He ran out of time then put up the flag. I didn't get to click the skull because when I went to bed he still had an hour. The flag went up after I was asleep. He had 0 time left and 0 time bank he used the vacation flag as a safety net. Its not a big deal.
    You should have stayed up for that extra hour

    The only good thing is that once certain players have exhausted their HOLIDAY SAFETY NET then thats it, they have to play or be timed out.

    I am against the holidays, I voted against the holidays, but unfortunately more people voted for holidays than against and now we are stuck with the HOLIDAY SAFETY NET .

  14. 30 Mar '07 18:56
    Originally posted by cheshirecatstevens
    He ran out of time then put up the flag. I didn't get to click the skull because when I went to bed he still had an hour. The flag went up after I was asleep. He had 0 time left and 0 time bank he used the vacation flag as a safety net. Its not a big deal.
    Try playing in your sleep.