T/O

T/O

Tournaments

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TEA PARTY MEMBER

St Maarten, Neth Ant

Moves
28 Dec 02

I think we should be able to send an explation for why we did use the T/O rule in our games. As a remainder to our opponents. It feels very tough to claim a T/O on a player who did not even know that the tournament had begun.

Sincerely,

Harri Eloranta,
a.k.a. Luck

X
The Jonster

K-PAX

Moves
28 Dec 02

I think it's always tough to claim a T/O unless your opponent has just quit playing. It's especially tough in the situation you bring up Harri. That's why I think T/O should be automatic in tournament games. Then, no explanation would be necessary, nor would the tough decision be forced upon you. Unless that happens, you could always use the "e-mail opponent" option to explain why you're taking it before you actually end the game.

z
Banned

Banned

Moves
08 Jan 03

i had this happen to me in the new year's tourney with paul708, i felt guilty afterwards, but i claimed the win 🙁

TEA PARTY MEMBER

St Maarten, Neth Ant

Moves
08 Jan 03

What's even worse, I did not claim a T/O on a player (2 games), now I lost one and probably going for a draw in the second!!!

Harri
a.k.a. Luck

The Ambassador

Charleston SC. USA

Moves
09 Jan 03

Originally posted by Luck
What's even worse, I did not claim a T/O on a player (2 games), now I lost one and probably going for a draw in the second!!!

Harri
a.k.a. Luck
Yes Harri, But the same player did not time you out when your were on vacation (business trip). I asked him not to.
John

TEA PARTY MEMBER

St Maarten, Neth Ant

Moves
09 Jan 03

Yes, that is true!
Sportmanship or what!
THANKS KEN for killing me!!!! 🙂

🙂

Harri
a.k.a. Luck:'(😉🙂