02 May '08 15:342 edits
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    02 May '08 16:22
    Originally posted by Quaff
    Tournament 3632
    User 427592
    At the date March 25th he had a rating of 1596. He entered legally.
  3. England.
    Moves
    02 May '08 20:05
    That goes without saying else the system would not have allowed entry, but we all know there is more to it than that.
  4. Standard memberLukerik
    Stick your hands up
    Your bum
    Moves
    02 May '08 21:01
    That goes without saying else the system would not have allowed entry, but we all know there is more to it than that.
    No there isn't, unless you'd like me to mention that you're starting a nasty thread about a completely innocent player when you have recently hit 1780, you rancid little sandbagging git.
  5. England.
    Moves
    02 May '08 21:185 edits
    Originally posted by Lukerik
    No there isn't, unless you'd like me to mention that you're starting a nasty thread about a completely innocent player when you have recently hit 1780, you rancid little sandbagging git.t
    Interesting reply if not a tad venomous I thought. If you took the time to check my profile more thoroughly you may have noticed I have a high of 1780 (6th June 07) which was short lived, the fact I have never reached anywhere near that rating since and have been mid 1600's (or lower) since (9 months) suggests I am a 1600's (or lower)player, so when I am entering 1500-1700 Tournaments I hardly think this qualifies me as a 'sandbagger', 'rancid' also not, 'git' probably would not agree with that view either, however you are entitled to your opinion. If innocent is continuing to play in a Tournament which you are rated over 300 points higher than any other (roughly Tournament entry rated) player my views differ to yours.
  6. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    02 May '08 21:271 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

7. England.
    Moves
    02 May '08 21:341 edit
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Bit cryptic but welcome none the less.
  8. Standard memberLukerik
    Stick your hands up
    Your bum
    Moves
    02 May '08 21:46
    Interesting reply if not a tad venomous I thought. If you took the time to check my profile more thoroughly you may have noticed I have a high of 1780 (6th June 07) which was short lived, the fact I have never reached anywhere near that rating since and have been mid 1600's (or lower) since (9 months) suggests I am a 1600's (or lower)player, so when I am enter ...[text shortened]... higher than any other (roughly Tournament entry rated) player my views differ to yours.
    Venomous yes, but only because if you're about to start victimising people in the public forum I thought I'd better head you off at the pass and let you know I'm your opponent.

If I were setting one of my clan up against you I would consider you a 1700 rater who's sunk to 1500 and is now on the way back up.

There's a difference between someone who has improved their game since entering a tourney (check my win and gameplay since I joined) or someone who had not hit their level when they joined AND someone who has deliberately lowered their rating in order to beat people up - something of which I would not seriously accuse you.
  9. England.
    Moves
    02 May '08 21:502 edits
    Venomous yes, but only because if you're about to start victimising people in the public forum I thought I'd better head you off at the pass and let you know I'm your opponent.

If I were setting one of my clan up against you I would consider you a 1700 rater who's sunk to 1500 and is now on the way back up.

There's a difference between someone who has ...[text shortened]... ir rating in order to beat people up - something of which I would not seriously accuse you.
    Thats one heck of improvement in 1 month or so, I would be more inclined to say (considering opposition regularly beaten) is the true rating level. When considering my rating if you check the opponents I have beaten and also regularly lose to I think a rating of around 1600 is accurate.
  10. Standard memberLukerik
    Stick your hands up
    Your bum
    Moves
    02 May '08 22:13
    Thats one heck of improvement in 1 month or so, I would be more inclined to say (considering opposition regularly beaten) is the true rating level. When considering my rating if you check the opponents I have beaten and also regularly lose to I think a rating of around 1600 is accurate.
    My improvement? I was on fire baby, yeah!

1600? Well, no-one can accuse you of not being modest. This one for example Game 3332285 You're doing things here in the opening I would never dare do. OK, so your opponent blundered at the end, but I wouldn't expect to see that kind of play from a 1600 rater.
  11. England.
    Moves
    02 May '08 22:221 edit
    My improvement? I was on fire baby, yeah!

1600? Well, no-one can accuse you of not being modest. This one for example Game 3332285 You're doing things here in the opening I would never dare do. OK, so your opponent blundered at the end, but I wouldn't expect to see that kind of play from a 1600 rater.
    No, not your improvement. With regard to my game you listed all I can say to that is it's the same sort of play I see from my 1500-1600 rated opponents, I am not so sure what it is you are referring to in the opening that is so surprising for a 1600 player? I guess you are insisting I am much higher than 1600 so I suppose we may have to agree to disagree as this is only inevitably going to go backwards and forwards for ever.
  12. Standard memberLukerik
    Stick your hands up
    Your bum
    Moves
    02 May '08 22:27
    Well I think you're about to go through to the next round on a draw (unless you do something stupid) and I reckon you could take that guy out.
  13. England.
    Moves
    02 May '08 22:33
    Well I think you're about to go through to the next round on a draw (unless you do something stupid) and I reckon you could take that guy out.
    Correct, but then maybe I wouldn't be 'whining' about my potential opposition if I was out 1st round. As for 'taking that guy out' I think that's unlikely, but thx for the vote of confidence.
  14. Standard memberLukerik
    Stick your hands up
    Your bum
    Moves
    02 May '08 22:50
    That vote only goes so far... I reckon I could wipe the floor with you 😉
  15. England.
    Moves
    02 May '08 22:591 edit
    That vote only goes so far... I reckon I could wipe the floor with you 😉
    Well just a cursory look at your profile you have been 1500+ or so for the last 6 months+ and have beaten players of 1500+ so I tell you what that's more than possible.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree