1. California
    Moves
    19 Mar '07 06:57
    ..what this means

"Tournament games time out automatically 2 days after the timeout period expires."

Correct me if I'm wrong. Let's say if a tour is 1\7, a player times out after 3 days of non-move (1 day of the timeout plus 2 days after regardless of timebank days)?

If I'm not mistaken I may have seen this in the past but recently it's letting the timebank deplete of its maximum days.

Thanks
  2. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    19 Mar '07 08:01
    It means that even after the timebank run out you have about 2 days to move if your opponont doesn't click the skull. In fact I think this to be silly.

But more silly would be to skull somebody who still has timebank remaining...
  3. California
    Moves
    19 Mar '07 18:39
    I don't have mercy with players having 100+ games in progress unless as you've said with good reason. I figured if you can't make a move don't join too many tournaments. Thanks for clearing it up. I appreciate it.
  4. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Moves
    20 Mar '07 05:12
    Originally posted by blackjack21
    ..what this means

"Tournament games time out automatically 2 days after the timeout period expires."

Correct me if I'm wrong. Let's say if a tour is 1\7, a player times out after 3 days of non-move (1 day of the timeout plus 2 days after regardless of timebank days)?

If I'm not mistaken I may have seen this in the past but recently it's letting the timebank deplete of its maximum days.

Thanks
    if you have a 1/7 tourney ...

then your opponent can take more than 1 day per move.
    -they can take extra time on any move they choose.

but when you add all the extra time together and it goes past 7 days - then they hit the danger zone.

once in the danger zone ... they still have an extra 2 days of grace each time they make a move ... but if they go past this two days permove - then they are in the skulling zone.
  5. California
    Moves
    20 Mar '07 05:24
    are you saying the extra time used are cumulative whether they occur between moves up to the maximum timebank set (plus the two days of course)? ...that's good to know
  6. Standard membercadwah
    ¯\_(^.^)_/¯
    Moves
    21 Mar '07 17:25
    Originally posted by blackjack21
    are you saying the extra time used are cumulative whether they occur between moves up to the maximum timebank set (plus the two days of course)? ...that's good to know
    No, the time controls work just as they do in any other game, however in other games it is your choice whether to click the skull and claim the win through timeout. To speed up tournaments all skulls will be clicked automatically after a 2 day grace period.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree