vacation on tournaments

vacation on tournaments

Tournaments

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

l

Moves
26 Jun 12

I believe this is a disgusting move that should be illegal! OK here me out a person declares on vacation and delays the whole tournament. I don't feel this is right at all, because really a chess tournament is a responsibility a responsibility that can go through a loophole to no skulls. I mean really come on, if you aren't ready for tourny's don't go on vacation or even enter the tournament. It holds back the rest of the tourny players, people reading this if you agree with me lets get this glitch changed by redhotpawn. Thanks for the read 🙂

y

Delft, Netherlands

Moves
27 Jun 12

I have a feeling you are talking about the 2012 championships.
The player you are talking about has left RHP I think. (subscription ended a month back) I think he just wanted a laugh pissing his opponents off because he would be gone anyway and therefore delaying the 2012 championships.

There is no need to change a system because of the few people who take advantage of it. A lot of people will be affected if the system is changed and I'm happy with it the way it is.

Dave

S.Yorks.England

Moves
27 Jun 12

Originally posted by leftrookspony
I believe this is a disgusting move that should be illegal! OK here me out a person declares on vacation and delays the whole tournament. I don't feel this is right at all, because really a chess tournament is a responsibility a responsibility that can go through a loophole to no skulls. I mean really come on, if you aren't ready for tourny's don't go ...[text shortened]... this if you agree with me lets get this glitch changed by redhotpawn. Thanks for the read 🙂
No doubt the vacation argument will run on and on and in reply I can only repeat what I and others have said numerous times:-
1.Vacation time is only 36 days and is responsibly used by the majority of rhp members so any delay due to vacation is finite
2.Anyone can hold up a tournament by simply not moving until the last minute and delays are inevitable.Some tournaments have been going on for years.
3.If you don't like long delays only join short duration tournaments.

w

Moves
27 Jun 12

I don't have problems with vacations. We need them for games with a move timeout. However, for tournaments with timebanks only there is an inherent unfairness. I will be going on vacation in July where the RHP championship will probably be started. I will lose the two weeks off my timebank regardless of whether or not I am on vacation. If you use the vacation near the end, you can continue moving even when your timebank is over. If you really are on vacation (I.e. not moving), the timebank ends when you are on vacation, you cannot recover. The skull will be on as soon as your vacation ends, no matter how fast you make your next moves.

Dave

S.Yorks.England

Moves
27 Jun 12

Originally posted by wsossin
I don't have problems with vacations. We need them for games with a move timeout. However, for tournaments with timebanks only there is an inherent unfairness. I will be going on vacation in July where the RHP championship will probably be started. I will lose the two weeks off my timebank regardless of whether or not I am on vacation. If you use the vacatio ...[text shortened]... he skull will be on as soon as your vacation ends, no matter how fast you make your next moves.
I think the championship is designed with timebank only to put a limit on its timescale.
If there were a timeout on it people could (in theory) preserve their 60 days indefinitely.
As for losing the timebank -it's the same for everyone and even if you go on a 36 day holiday you've still over 3 weeks of bank left on your return.

Moves
28 Jun 12

yearly tournament such as 2012 championship should not allow any vacation time. lighten up chess is just a game for fun , keep things simple to avoid abuse etc. in case point almost 1000 players have been waiting for one guy while he is abusing the system. there is no brainer here to make the right decision. one shoul choose priority, if you want to take vacation, be prepare to play fast on the remaining time. one can not have everything.rhp has been slacking of in governing this site. quality of control has gone down. many may engine players especially north of 2300 level still beating honest players with impunity. and are allowed to play. some even never blonder once in hundreds of games. I AM NOT STUPID I CAN SMELL THEM.