Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Tournaments Forum

Tournaments Forum

1. 08 Jan '03 17:08
    do both go through? - if so, this is open to abuse. Do thye play a decider? If so, who plays white?

just some thoughts

--J.
  2. 09 Jan '03 05:50
    Originally posted by jscar
    do both go through? - if so, this is open to abuse. Do thye play a decider? If so, who plays white?

just some thoughts

--J.
    both go through
  3. 09 Jan '03 14:01 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by UncleAdam
    both go through
    that's a bizarre situation don't you think - too easy to fix. It works fine for a group with say 4 or 5 players but not for a two player group such as in On The Up. I can't think of any other sport or competitive event where this could happen.
  4. 09 Jan '03 23:53
    that's a bizarre situation don't you think - too easy to fix. It works fine for a group with say 4 or 5 players but not for a two player group such as in On The Up. I can't think of any other sport or competitive event where this could happen.
    I dont think that there are that many dishonest pepole
    that whould rig a tournament or even one round in a tournament

-Adam
  5. 11 Jan '03 13:55
    Originally posted by UncleAdam
    I dont think that there are that many dishonest pepole
    that whould rig a tournament or even one round in a tournament

-Adam
    that's not the point - it *could* happen and the whole point of rules is to stop things happening that cause controversy or are detrimental to the competition.
  6. 12 Jan '03 22:29
    that's not the point - it *could* happen and the whole point of rules is to stop things happening that cause controversy or are detrimental to the competition.
    for that to happen that person would have to buy a whole bunch of pawn stars and make a whole bunch of people.....and they still might not win....i dont think that you have to worry about it

-Adam
  7. Standard member lionel
    Ray
    23 Jan '03 14:00
    What happens if there is a tie. Do both players advance or what?
  8. Donation Luck
    TEA PARTY MEMBER
    23 Jan '03 23:00
    Originally posted by lionel
    What happens if there is a tie. Do both players advance or what?
    Russ / Chrismo

Please, post the rules!

Harri / Luck