Moves
    06 Mar '11 19:061 edit
    Tournament 8053
    Tournament 2056
    Tournament 2661
    Tournament 2420
    Tournament 2366
    Tournament 494.

Some of the tournaments I lost for players with a rating bigger than mine. And I didn't cry for this. When I do, I'll call my nonny... ops... my mommy.
  2. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    06 Mar '11 23:48
    Originally posted by Helder Octavio
    Tournament 8053
    Tournament 2056
    Tournament 2661
    Tournament 2420
    Tournament 2366
    Tournament 494.

Some of the tournaments I lost for players with a rating bigger than mine. And I didn't cry for this. When I do, I'll call my [b]nonny
    ... ops... my mommy.[/b]
    So you wish to give impression that these guys have employed the same tactics as yourself..I speak for Jan and Sac as I know them ?? They are at opposite ends of the spectrum, they entered on the way up the ratings and quite frankly would be too embarrassed to consider entry to tournies 500pts beneath their rate given a long lay off. In fact both guys grabbed earliest opportunity to enter 'open' tournies, something for which a genuine abuser may well find it not in their interest to enter...thank goodness for TER, at least a complete mockery is averted !!!??
  3. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    09 Mar '11 00:35
    Originally posted by nonnymoose
    You are correct, my apologies. I'm playing another high rated player trolling for victories in low rated banded tournaments. He sent me a message referring to this thread. I thought it was because HE was wondering what he should do.

Here is Helder Octavio's history:

Achieve 1700 rating Jan 2005
    Was 1700 July 2008
    Then his rating dives, looks l ...[text shortened]... ament is going to be a very proud moment for his Clan, the Portugeese Speaker's.

Nonny
    How many tournaments do you play, you being a non-subscriber.
  4. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    09 Mar '11 23:21
    Originally posted by moon1969
    How many tournaments do you play, you being a non-subscriber.
    Quite a lot, he is a lapsed subscriber
  5. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    09 Mar '11 23:33
    Originally posted by adramforall
    Quite a lot, he is a lapsed subscriber
    Yes, lapsed in the last few days also...
    It's hardly rocket science checking how many ongoing games someone is running may indicate, at the very least, recent subscription 'activity'...
  6. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    11 Mar '11 11:27
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    Yes, lapsed in the last few days also...
    It's hardly rocket science checking how many ongoing games someone is running may indicate, at the very least, recent subscription 'activity'...
    Unfortunately some people do not have that much commonsense.

We, luckily, are 😛
  7. SubscriberHelder Octavio Borges
    Luso-brasileiro
    Cajamar, SP
    Moves
    09 May '11 02:33
  8. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    09 May '11 04:16
    The biter bit.
  9. SubscriberBladeMan 63
    Sir , just me ;-)
    Sheffield.
    Moves
    09 May '11 04:16
    Liked your post. :-)
  10. SubscriberHelder Octavio Borges
    Luso-brasileiro
    Cajamar, SP
    Moves
    11 May '11 15:58
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    The biter bit.
    😴... 😴... 😴...

To play against players better and stronger than me is part of the rules. I really don´t care.

Grow up, child, and play some chess...
  11. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    17 May '11 14:18
    Originally posted by Anthem
    hmm, good points. I guess I'll message my opponents when the next round starts and see what they think.

as for my ratings increase, I wonder if there's been rating inflation here over the last few years.
    ..and the ratings climb continues unabated

rated 1641 7/1/11

rated 1865 26/4/11

I wish I could get some of this ratings inflation 😛
  12. Johannesburg
    Moves
    18 May '11 09:56
    Originally posted by Helder Octavio
    Tournament 8053
    Tournament 2056
    Tournament 2661
    Tournament 2420
    Tournament 2366
    Tournament 494.

Some of the tournaments I lost for players with a rating bigger than mine. And I didn't cry for this. When I do, I'll call my [b]nonny
    ... ops... my mommy.[/b]
    This doesn't in any way make what you're doing right or acceptable.
    It just means there are others who are possibly just as despicable as yourself.
    By way of comparison: Just because some people on this site are engine abusers, that would't mean that it's okay for you to be one yourself; so why join the ranks of others who abuse rating bands to get easy victories?

I personally consider sandbagging for easy tournament victories to be quite distasteful, and I'm sure most of this community would agree.
    What makes this worse, is that you seem to be bragging about it.

Unfortunately, as much as this site has rules and mechanisms to try and prevent this behaviour, there is no punishment for those that manage to circumvent these rules. The only way to make clear to individuals that this despicable behaviour will not be tolerated is by community action.
    - Arrange for clan leaders to refuse all matches against Octavio's clan.
    - More extreme would be to simply refuse to play him, whenever you're drawn to play against him - resign on first move.
  13. SubscriberHelder Octavio Borges
    Luso-brasileiro
    Cajamar, SP
    Moves
    13 Jul '11 14:23
    Originally posted by craigy
    This doesn't in any way make what you're doing right or acceptable.
    It just means there are others who are possibly just as despicable as yourself.
    By way of comparison: Just because some people on this site are engine abusers, that would't mean that it's okay for you to be one yourself; so why join the ranks of others who abuse rating bands to get e ...[text shortened]... ply refuse to play him, whenever you're drawn to play against him - resign on first move.
    Despicable?

You mixed the themes, craigy: clans with banded tournaments, different things from each other. Furthermore, you suggest eternal banishment, using the community to justify. Glad you just gave your opinion. I disagree, and I will not waste my time justifying myself. Next time, try to stay on topic.

We could talk about the ethics of the tournament site, but not using a term as despicable. I don't accept being treated this way.

Go to hell, and God bless you.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree