40 veterens die waiting for health care

40 veterens die waiting for health care

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

n

The Catbird's Seat

Moves
23 May 14

Originally posted by KazetNagorra
I don't have confidence in the US system in general. First-past-the-post voting systems tend to be weak and ineffective (not to mention fundamentally unfair), and the legalization of bribery makes things even worse. Unfortunately, the American people in general appear to be poorly aware of the shortcomings of their system.

In the case of health care, ...[text shortened]... s current woefully inefficient health care system - does not appear to be very appealing either.
Bribery or extortion?

n

The Catbird's Seat

Moves
23 May 14

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
did someone actually cite Mrs Palin in a serious debate? Thats hilarious.

"I love that smell of the emissions!" --Sarah Palin, at a motorcycle rally in Washington, D.C., where she rode in on a Harley, May 29, 2011
Yup. Someone did. Sahah Palin accomplished more in half a term as Governor of Alaska than all the others combined.

You know very well that loving the smell of emissions is like loving the smell of gun oil. A little goes a long way. It is symbolic of our freedom, something you seem not to like a lot.

n

The Catbird's Seat

Moves
23 May 14

Originally posted by KazetNagorra
Yes, there is only one way one could possibly implement single-payer health care.
Government force?

n

The Catbird's Seat

Moves
23 May 14

Originally posted by Sleepyguy
So that's a no then.
I might add that it doesn't matter which party the illustrious boob running the show is from.

w

Moves
23 May 14

Were they wearing 'Coon skin hats?
Don't you have a Watchtower meeting to go to where they tell you not to vote or delve into the evil political world dominated by Satan?

Or you can continue to post here defending it all. Everyone needs a hobby.

Reepy Rastardly Guy

Dustbin of history

Moves
23 May 14

Originally posted by finnegan
The memo to which you refer me makes an assertion that certain practices are thought to have happened...

...snip...

Right so here we have a hypothetical - in the event that someone were found to have done this ....

No. The memo is stating facts. It says:

It has come to my attention that in order to improve scores on assorted access measures, certain facilities have adopted use of inappropriate scheduling practices sometimes referred to as "gaming strategies."

and...

For your assistance, attached is a listing of the inappropriate scheduling practices identified by a multi-VISN workgroup charted by the Systems Redesign Office.

Nothing hypothetical about it.

rc

Moves
23 May 14

Originally posted by whodey
Don't you have a Watchtower meeting to go to where they tell you not to vote or delve into the evil political world dominated by Satan?

Or you can continue to post here defending it all. Everyone needs a hobby.
I am a free moral agent capable of rational thought.

KM

Moves
23 May 14

Does anybody have any specifics on what these 40 people died of while waiting to see a doctor or what the circumstances were of them waiting for an appointment?
I could fall over dead tomorrow waiting for my next annual check up, it doesn't mean there's something wrong with the system.

GENS UNA SUMUS

Moves
23 May 14
1 edit

Originally posted by Sleepyguy
[b]The memo to which you refer me makes an assertion that certain practices are thought to have happened...

...snip...

Right so here we have a hypothetical - in the event that someone were found to have done this ....

No. The memo is stating facts. It says:

It has come to my attention that ...[text shortened]... lti-VISN workgroup charted by the Systems Redesign Office.

Nothing hypothetical about it.[/b]
So if these allegations are so solid and factual, why does the manager say -
We have been working continuously to try and identify where those sites are ...
If the allegations were specific and identified where and how often and by whom, that might help their credibility. I am not impressed by vague and unsupported allegations. Why are you?

KM

Moves
23 May 14

So if these allegations are so solid and factual, why does the manager say -
We have been working continuously to try and identify where those sites are ...
If the allegations were specific and identified where and how often and by whom, that might help their credibility. I am not impressed by vague and unsupported allegations. Why are you?
I'm not impressed either, I'm at an age where I've seen too many cases of the media making a mountain out of a molehill in order to sell newspapers or boost television ratings.

w

Moves
23 May 14

I am a free moral agent capable of rational thought.
I thought you were a JW?

rc

Moves
23 May 14
1 edit

I thought you were a JW?
I am a human being whodey, is it not enough for you?

GENS UNA SUMUS

Moves
23 May 14

I thought you were a JW?
Did the debate get a bit too logical for your taste then? Not like the way the argument was getting shredded so thought to divert with a little red herring?

E

Moves
23 May 14

Originally posted by Krod Mandoon
Does anybody have any specifics on what these 40 people died of while waiting to see a doctor or what the circumstances were of them waiting for an appointment?
I could fall over dead tomorrow waiting for my next annual check up, it doesn't mean there's something wrong with the system.
Perhaps you missed what I posted on the last page.

It's true that the inspector general has not yet attributed deaths at the Phoenix VA to delays in care, but a VA internal review found a link between the deaths of 23 veterans and wait times at VA facilities. "Delays in endoscopy screenings for potential gastrointestinal cancer in 76 veterans treated at Department of Veterans Affairs hospitals are linked to 23 deaths, most of them three to four years ago, according to the VA," USA Today's Gregg Zoroya reported on April 8. "The delays occurred at 27 VA hospitals with deaths at 13 of the facilities. The worst record was at the William Jennings Bryan Dorn veterans hospital in Columbia, S.C., where there were 20 cases of delays and six deaths, according to a VA report."

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/contradiction-presidents-claim-va-admitted-23-veteran-deaths-linked-delays-care_793459.html

GENS UNA SUMUS

Moves
23 May 14
1 edit

Originally posted by Eladar
Perhaps you missed what I posted on the last page.

[b]It's true that the inspector general has not yet attributed deaths at the Phoenix VA to delays in care, but a VA internal review found a link between the deaths of 23 veterans and wait times at VA facilities. "Delays in endoscopy screenings for potential gastrointestinal cancer in 76 veterans treated at ...[text shortened]... logs/contradiction-presidents-claim-va-admitted-23-veteran-deaths-linked-delays-care_793459.html
It's true that the inspector general has not yet attributed deaths at the Phoenix VA to delays in care
That seems pretty fatal to the point of this thread, which opens with an assertion that 40 veterans not only died at the VA in Pheonix but did so intentionally as part of a secret death list.

There is nothing contentious in a claim that delays harm prospects of successful treatment for many conditions. That is not what this thread has been about. I am even perfectly open to the possibility of someone proving all the other allegations to be true. Bear in kind I am not an Obama supporter but a critic of Obama, I am not a defender of U.S. healthcare, I routinely attack it as a disgrace to the world's richest nation.

What I object to is that at the moment nobody has demonstrated the truth of any allegations and yet there are people on this forum and in the media cheerfully shouting aloud that the allegations (whatever they may be on a particular day) are true and people should be sacked on that basis without so much as due process. They have no truth value whatever as they stand. They are just allegations and not from credible or objective sources. This is just a scare story.