40 veterens die waiting for health care

40 veterens die waiting for health care

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GENS UNA SUMUS

Moves
22 May 14

Originally posted by whodey
I would not be so certain of that if I were you.

Here is what one of Obama's goons said about the future of health care before Obamacare came to be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IT7Y0TOBuG4

Essentially he said that if politicians were to tell you the truth, they would not become elected. Why is that? That is because the young and healthy were go ...[text shortened]... w Sarah Palin was right about death panels, just like predicting Russia would invade the Crimea.
..."I will come with you,” said Goosey Loosey.

So Henny Penny, Cocky Locky, Ducky Lucky and Goosey Loosey hurried on together towards the king’s palace.

Round the next corner they met Turkey Lurkey. “Where are you all going on this fine day?” she called out to them.

“It won’t be a fine day for long,” replied Henny Penny. “The sky is falling down, and we are hurrying to tell the king.”

“I will come with you,” said Turkey Lurkey. So Henny Penny, Cocky Locky, Ducky Lucky, Goosey Loosey and Turkey Lurkey all went on towards the king’s palace. Now on their way they met Foxy Loxy who asked, “Where are you going in such a hurry?”

“We are going to the king’s palace to tell him the sky is falling down,” replied Henny Penny. “That is a very important message,” said Foxy Loxy.

“I will come with you. In fact if you follow me I can show you a short cut to the king’s palace, so you will get there sooner.”

So Henny Penny, Cocky Locky, Ducky Lucky, Goosey Loosey and Turkey Lurkey all followed Foxy Loxy. He led them to the wood, and up to a dark hole, which was the door to his home. Inside his wife and five hungry children were waiting for him to bring home some dinner.

That, I am sorry to say, was the end of Cocky Locky, Ducky Lucky, Goosey Loosey and Turkey Lurkey, for one by one they all followed Foxy Loxy into his home, and they were all eaten up by the hungry fox family.

Henny Penny was the last to enter the Fox’s hole and she heard Cocky Locky crowing in alarm in front of her. Squawking with fright and scattering feathers, she turned and ran as fast as she could for the safety of her own farmyard. There she stayed and she never did tell the king that the sky was falling down.

rc

Moves
22 May 14
1 edit

I would not be so certain of that if I were you.

Here is what one of Obama's goons said about the future of health care before Obamacare came to be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IT7Y0TOBuG4

Essentially he said that if politicians were to tell you the truth, they would not become elected. Why is that? That is because the young and healthy were go ...[text shortened]... w Sarah Palin was right about death panels, just like predicting Russia would invade the Crimea.
did someone actually cite Mrs Palin in a serious debate? Thats hilarious.

"I love that smell of the emissions!" --Sarah Palin, at a motorcycle rally in Washington, D.C., where she rode in on a Harley, May 29, 2011

w

Moves
22 May 14

These retorts are by far the most pathetic on record to date that I've seen for some time now.

Notice, there is no tin foil hat. All I need do is use their own words.

Reepy Rastardly Guy

Dustbin of history

Moves
22 May 14

Originally posted by finnegan
"Rationing" arises when insufficient resources are made available to meet the need.
And this "scandal" is what the rationing looks like.

Have you seen this?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/federal-eye/wp/2014/05/20/this-memo-shows-that-the-va-knew-of-records-manipulation-in-2010/

Read that memo.

This is what single-payer government-run healthcare looks like.

K

Germany

Moves
22 May 14

Originally posted by Sleepyguy

Have you seen this?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/federal-eye/wp/2014/05/20/this-memo-shows-that-the-va-knew-of-records-manipulation-in-2010/

Read that memo.

Yes, there is only one way one could possibly implement single-payer health care.

Reepy Rastardly Guy

Dustbin of history

Moves
22 May 14

Originally posted by KazetNagorra
Yes, there is only one way one could possibly implement single-payer health care.
This is what it looks like in the USA. If you were a US citizen, would you have confidence in our leader's ability to implement something that actually works?

K

Germany

Moves
22 May 14

This is what it looks like in the USA. If you were a US citizen, would you have confidence in our leader's ability to implement something that actually works?
I don't have confidence in the US system in general. First-past-the-post voting systems tend to be weak and ineffective (not to mention fundamentally unfair), and the legalization of bribery makes things even worse. Unfortunately, the American people in general appear to be poorly aware of the shortcomings of their system.

In the case of health care, the alternative to trusting the US government - its current woefully inefficient health care system - does not appear to be very appealing either.

GENS UNA SUMUS

Moves
22 May 14
1 edit

Have you seen this?

Read that memo.

The memo to which you refer me makes an assertion that certain practices are thought to have happened at certain unspecified centres and at some unspecified time, which if they happened again, would be unacceptable. So what was found as a result of this memo?
We have been working continuously to try and identify where those sites are and what we need to do to prevent that from happening. It’s absolutely inexcusable.”
Isakson then asked what the VA did to reprimand employees who tried to hide delays.
Petzel could not recall a specific example, but he said that “if someone were found to be manipulating inappropriately the scheduling system, they would be disciplined.”
Right so here we have a hypothetical - in the event that someone were found to have done this [ ]. Well - Patzel agrees that such practices would be unacceptable. In the event, Patzel had no recollection of an example. In other words, without being dumb enough to commit to an absolute rebuttal (who knows, maybe there was someone) he could not recall anyone actually discovered doing these alleged malpractices. Nor have you or anyone shown that they did happen. And in any event, this is a new allegation, not the one on which this thread is based.

You may say "no smoke without fire." I would say, no need to check facts when a mere allegation is sufficient to provoke such a storm of hot air and sloganizing. Indeed, let's just keep making allegations one after the other to discredit our political rivals.

Nothing here yet demonstrates a justification for the emotive thread title nor for the rubbish posted to this thread by yourself and others. You guys really are just bags of wind. Do you frighten each other much?

s
Don't Like It Leave

Walking the earth.

Moves
22 May 14
1 edit

http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/23/health/veterens-dying-health-care-delays/index.html

Apparently 40 veterans died awaiting to be treated at a VA in Phoenix. There seems to have some sort of secret waiting list that made veterans wait months for care. Then when someone blew the whistle, they tried to shred the evidence. Since appointments on computers are mo ...[text shortened]... t at for their wars against countries like Syria and Libya. I would pay good money to see that.
This is precisely correct. This is exactly what rationed health care looks like. That it was experimented with people who fought for their country is a national disgrace - yet another perpetrated by the evil Obama.

And, the Left celebrated the VA as a shining example of government run health care.

http://www.truthrevolt.org/commentary/shapiro-lefts-va-worship-comes-back-bite

I agree with them. It's exactly what government-run health care will look like.

rc

Moves
22 May 14

wow it sure is windy in here.

Reepy Rastardly Guy

Dustbin of history

Moves
22 May 14

Originally posted by KazetNagorra
I don't have confidence in the US system in general. First-past-the-post voting systems tend to be weak and ineffective (not to mention fundamentally unfair), and the legalization of bribery makes things even worse. Unfortunately, the American people in general appear to be poorly aware of the shortcomings of their system.

In the case of health care, ...[text shortened]... s current woefully inefficient health care system - does not appear to be very appealing either.
So that's a no then.

E

Moves
23 May 14

Not sure if this has been mentioned or not, but not going to search the thread:

It's true that the inspector general has not yet attributed deaths at the Phoenix VA to delays in care, but a VA internal review found a link between the deaths of 23 veterans and wait times at VA facilities. "Delays in endoscopy screenings for potential gastrointestinal cancer in 76 veterans treated at Department of Veterans Affairs hospitals are linked to 23 deaths, most of them three to four years ago, according to the VA," USA Today's Gregg Zoroya reported on April 8. "The delays occurred at 27 VA hospitals with deaths at 13 of the facilities. The worst record was at the William Jennings Bryan Dorn veterans hospital in Columbia, S.C., where there were 20 cases of delays and six deaths, according to a VA report."

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/contradiction-presidents-claim-va-admitted-23-veteran-deaths-linked-delays-care_793459.html

w

Moves
23 May 14

I just heard that the democrats shot down a bill that would have helped expedite the firing of those in the VA responsible for the scandal.

Not surprising.

GENS UNA SUMUS

Moves
23 May 14

I just heard that the democrats shot down a bill that would have helped expedite the firing of those in the VA responsible for the scandal.

Not surprising.
Trial by media not supported? Shame. I mean, why should an employee have the slightest right to a fair hearing and due process when CNN news has already announced their guilt?

Mob rule is what you are advocating, which I find very unpleasant to observe.

rc

Moves
23 May 14
1 edit

Not surprising.
Were they wearing 'Coon skin hats?