Memo

Memo

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
13 Feb 16

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
That is the policy of Jehovahs Witnesses as far as I am aware.

A press release issued in 2003 by Jehovah's Witnesses' Office of Public Information stated: "In addition to making a report to the branch office, the elders may be required by law to report even uncorroborated or unsubstantiated allegations to the authorities. If so, the elders receiv ...[text shortened]... s having knowledge of an incident of sexual abuse must not be discouraged from reporting it.
[/b]
Was there mandatory reporting in Australia during the period covered by the report that's been discussed? Should adults in the branch of your organization there in Australia have reported all those cases, regardless of whether it was mandatory to do so?

rc

Moves
13 Feb 16
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Was there mandatory reporting in Australia during the period covered by the report that's been discussed? Should adults in the branch of your organization there in Australia have reported all those cases, regardless of whether it was mandatory to do so?
I don't know how the law stood in Australia at the time. Had mandatory reporting been law the Brothers would have complied. I think they should have reported cases whether its mandatory or not, yes.

F

Moves
13 Feb 16

Even where there is no mandatory reporting requirement, victims or others having knowledge of an incident of sexual abuse must not be discouraged from reporting it.

again perhaps you might to better if you were not so self assuming.[/b]
The question is whether the elders and other adults should report it even if it is not mandatory.

F

Moves
13 Feb 16

I don't know how the law stood in Australia at the time. Had mandatory reporting been law the Brothers would have complied.
So they didn't comply because it wasn't mandatory, is that your reading of what happened in Australia?

rc

Moves
13 Feb 16

Originally posted by FMF
The question is whether the elders and other adults should report it even if it is not mandatory.
Yes they should, this is Jehovahs witness policy.

F

Moves
13 Feb 16

I think they should have reported cases whether its mandatory or not, yes.
So why do you think they didn't? What was it? 1,000+ cases?

Moves
13 Feb 16
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Considering the severity and scale of the child sex abuse by the Austrailian leadership of robbie's church, you would think he would be doing and saying everything possible to condemn the breakdown in reporting process and distance himself from the report findings.

rc

Moves
13 Feb 16
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
So they didn't comply because it wasn't mandatory, is that your reading of what happened in Australia?
I have outlined various reasons why in the case where there was no mandatory reporting, reporting was left to the families of those involved. In this thread and elsewhere, you may make references to those. Its tedious to have to repeat them again and again and again and again and again.

rc

Moves
13 Feb 16

Originally posted by divegeester
Considering the severity and scale of the child sex abuse by the Austrailian leadership of robbie's church, you would think he would be doing and saying everything possible to condemn the breakdown in reporting process and distance himself from the report findings.
I would be more concerned with sending my kids to your church than any congregation of Jehovahs witnesses, you don't even have a child protection policy and your hero has been caught on the internet trying to pass himself off as a women in order to dupe people. He may even conceivably have duped minors. we simply don't know.

rc

Moves
13 Feb 16

Originally posted by FMF
So why do you think they didn't? What was it? 1,000+ cases?
I have outlined various reasons, you may make references to those. I don't know how many allegations have been made. How many convictions for criminality have ensued?

F

Moves
13 Feb 16

Originally quoted by robbie carrobie
"In addition to making a report to the branch office, the elders may be required by law to report even uncorroborated or unsubstantiated allegations to the authorities. If so, the elders receive proper legal direction to ensure that they comply with the law."
It says "...elders may be required by law to report (cases)". What if it's not required by law? The text you quoted goes on to say, when not required by law "...victims or others having knowledge of an incident of sexual abuse must not be discouraged from reporting it". That is clearly not the same as saying they should report it. Saying they must not discourage it is very different from saying 'they must report it'.

F

Moves
13 Feb 16

I have outlined various reasons, you may make references to those. I don't know how many allegations have been made. How many convictions for criminality have ensued?
You don't know how many allegations have been made? On an earlier page you claimed to have read the article about the scandal? Didn't you read how many allegations have been made in that?

Moves
13 Feb 16
1 edit

I would be more concerned with sending my kids to your church than any congregation of Jehovahs witnesses, you don't even have a child protection policy and your hero has been caught on the internet trying to pass himself off as a women in order to dupe people. He may even conceivably have duped minors. we simply don't know.
By the way this extraordinary behaviour you are exhibiting over this topic is an example of why I think you are caught up in a cult. You cannot criticise the leadership, the organisation or any of its treachings so you come to these boards year in year out making a sad spectacle of yourself trying to defend the blatantly indefensible. There is not one teaching or doctrine of the Jehovah's Witness organisation that you in the slightest disagree with. Your religion is a cult and you are trapped in it.

F

Moves
13 Feb 16

He may even conceivably have duped minors. we simply don't know.
Is this a reference to me? "Duped minors" in what way? What are you on about?

Moves
13 Feb 16

Originally posted by FMF
Is this a reference to me? "Duped minors" in what way? What are you on about?
Ignore it, it's just silly a deflection.