Do any of you speak in Tongues?

Do any of you speak in Tongues?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
115d

@kingdavid403 said
What does the Bible say?

[Acts 2:3 NLT] 3 Then, what looked like flames or tongues of fire appeared and settled on each of them.

[Acts 10:46 NLT] 46 For they heard them speaking in other tongues and praising God. Then Peter asked,

[Acts 19:6 NLT] 6 Then when Paul laid his hands on them, the Holy Spirit came on them, and they spoke in other tongues and pro ...[text shortened]... es are clear, not all Christians are able to speak in tongues; as many evangelicals teach and claim.
Yes not all

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
115d

@rajk999 said
A thumbs up ? Did you read the part King David highlighted? It says in a nutshell, if you do not interpret, then shut up, and dont speak in tongues. Do churches interpret?
He didn’t say anything not scriptural based, maybe you should read the Bible yourself instead of relying upon others to tell you what to say.

Moves
115d

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
115d
3 edits

@rajk999 said
A thumbs up ? Did you read the part King David highlighted? It says in a nutshell, if you do not interpret, then shut up, and dont speak in tongues. Do churches interpret?
I quoted the Holy Bible, Gods Words, not mine. If you have a problem with them, you know whom to talk with about these scriptures.
If you do not agree with this Bible version (NLT); then let me know what Bible version you agree with, and I will be more than happy to post the version you approve of. 🙂

Do churches interpret? Someone in a church may interpret if Gods Holy Spirit gives them the ability to interpret. A church as a whole does not interpret tongues. This is where testing the spirits is essential; to make sure what is interpreted lines up with God's Holy Word. Same as with a Prophecy; and many other things or actions.

Moves
115d

@happy-chappy said
Quicken yourselves to Acts 2 and with understanding, all will be answered.
The Revival Church is big on tounges.
The pasters wife was praying desperately to receive and when she did she wasn't happy with it and prayed fervently for a different one. I argued that she had rejected a gift of God .
You obviously were left with bad taste in your mouth, as they say, pretending to use your gifted tongue to please others. Some people won't stand for back-talking, and like to be told upfront, what they mean, when speaking in tongues.

I'm not speaking from experience, as I don't speak in tongues, nor care to, as you make it sound like fowl language, and an inappropriate act, since it was the pastor's wife, and not yours. But I can understand what happiness means to you, by speaking in tongues.

If you were a snake, you would be speaking with forked tongue; a split tongue, making it two tongues at once. Double talk, in street talk.

The divine, and the very rarely gifted ability to speak in tongues, gives the speaker the ability to make anyone else understand the speech in any language they may be proficient with, simultaneously. This ability is noted when the listeners in the crowd happen to understand only one language, and in the crowd there are many different language people listening.

When anyone claims to be speaking in tongues, and no one who is carefully listening doesn't understands a darn word of what is being spoken with that tongue, it's not a gift from God. It's a yarn, a gift from false idols, the Bull, as in the Golden Calf.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
115d

@pettytalk said
You obviously were left with bad taste in your mouth, as they say, pretending to use your gifted tongue to please others. Some people won't stand for back-talking, and like to be told upfront, what they mean, when speaking in tongues.

I'm not speaking from experience, as I don't speak in tongues, nor care to, as you make it sound like fowl language, and an inappropriate ...[text shortened]... ue, it's not a gift from God. It's a yarn, a gift from false idols, the Bull, as in the Golden Calf.
You don’t think praying in the Spirit is from God?

Moves
114d

@kellyjay said
You don’t think praying in the Spirit is from God?
I was speaking in tongues to someone else. But perhaps interpreters are needed.

But as far as to you and your question, here is a question for a question. Does it really matter what I think? What's praying in the spirit to you? If I have to answer you on the question I need to know what is meant by it.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
114d

@pettytalk said
I was speaking in tongues to someone else. But perhaps interpreters are needed.

But as far as to you and your question, here is a question for a question. Does it really matter what I think? What's praying in the spirit to you? If I have to answer you on the question I need to know what is meant by it.
The scripture speaks of different tongues and how one should behave with those.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
114d

@pettytalk said
Does it really matter what I think?
Good question.

I think not alot

On my arse

Moves
114d

@PettyTalk
You obviously were left with bad taste in your mouth, as they say, pretending to use your gifted tongue to please others.

I don't claim to speak in tounges.
If and when I go to church, I go to a seventh day adventist church as Sundays are my fishing days.

Moves
114d

@happy-chappy said
@PettyTalk
You obviously were left with bad taste in your mouth, as they say, pretending to use your gifted tongue to please others.

I don't claim to speak in tounges.
If and when I go to church, I go to a seventh day adventist church as Sundays are my fishing days.
If and when? Now you are going to hear my "sermon."

It sounds like you are a regular steady angler, than a regular, steady church-goer.

A person who selects a particular denomination based on his hobby, and the day he makes it his hobby.

I suppose the places where you do your fishing, the regular fish don't bite on Saturdays. If and when you go fishing, that's a fish of a story for if and when you go to church, and which one.

Do you also have a particular time-schedule on those Sundays you do your fishing?

If you heard the pastor's wife wanting another tongue it must have been while you were fishing, which is it's more probable, since you spend more time fishing than going to church. As a sworn seventh-day Adventist, you must keep it kosher. You should not be fishing for bottom-feeders, since they are considered as scavenger fish.

Scavengers are typically organisms that feed on detritus, or dead or decaying organisms. Many bottom-feeding fish fall into this category.

Bottom-feeding fish, such as catfish, eels, and eelpouts, often feed on the floor of their environment. These are not permitted simply because they lack scales, and fins, even if and when they may causally eat near, or on the surface.

I suppose that fishing for sport, catch and release is allowed in Leviticus, if and when any are caught, on any Sunday, if and when you go fishing. I suppose you a valid license, if you do.

I can understand why fishing takes precedence over denomination. Peter was a fisherman, and the rock on which Jesus built his church. I do a little fishing myself, but I'm not particular on when or where, as long as the fish keep biting, any day will do, or any place, for that matter.

By the way, I've been meaning to come down, how is the fishing in the land down under? I see you are flying an Australian flag, and I'm supposing that's where you do most of your Sunday fishing. I don't suppose that you would reveal your favorite spot? I know that a lot of fishermen don't like competition, and I can understand if you won't.

Moves
114d

@kellyjay said
The scripture speaks of different tongues and how one should behave with those.
I know I should behave, as God commanded. But with Paul's grace, who really cares what I say, I don't. With grace it won't matter, as I'm already forgiven, before I use my tongue.

Those are the scriptures that speak to you, but not to me. I don't pay any attention to Paul, as to what he wrote, or to what he said, and then wrote. That's the subject we were to have pursued in your thread of heart and mind. But you seem not to have the heart, nor the mind to seriously discuss. What's the worse that can happen if you change your mind? You will change from a current stubborn goat, to a sheep, who will hear Jesus' voice, and not Paul's, which has changed you from a lamb to a kid.

Are you willing to go that extra mile with me on grace and salvation? And I will hold my tongue, if I can get yours to move. Come, follow me for our search for Truth. Jesus said, as you like to quote, I'm the truth, and I say and add, "not Paul."

Here I am, up at the crack of dawn, in an attempt to break you free from grace, so that you will not be one of those goats, which Jesus set aside from the sheep. There was no grace in his judgement, just sheep and goats, and what they fed on.

You definitely don't want to windup being another goat in Dirty Herman's shed. You may find tight quarters for any jumping around, there. And moonbus will be there to measure your jumps with his scientific tools. Besides housing goats, it's a tool shed too. That's what I have heard, anyway.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
114d

@pettytalk said
I know I should behave, as God commanded. But with Paul's grace, who really cares what I say, I don't. With grace it won't matter, as I'm already forgiven, before I use my tongue.

Those are the scriptures that speak to you, but not to me. I don't pay any attention to Paul, as to what he wrote, or to what he said, and then wrote. That's the subject we were to have pursue ...[text shortened]... his scientific tools. Besides housing goats, it's a tool shed too. That's what I have heard, anyway.
Those who come to Him seeking His forgiveness and grace know price He paid, and we wish to live for Him, laying our lives down picking up our crosses not to be saved but because we are.

If you think that we can come to Him just so we can continue as the sinners we were what then exactly has changed for you in doing that? You know what He did out of His love for you and you are are willing to not give Him your life as He gave His for you. You and those that refuse to acknowledge Him are no different from one another in behavior, let Him suffer afresh for your sins. You want what you want and that is all that matters to you?

Moves
113d

@kellyjay said
Those who come to Him seeking His forgiveness and grace know price He paid, and we wish to live for Him, laying our lives down picking up our crosses not to be saved but because we are.

If you think that we can come to Him just so we can continue as the sinners we were what then exactly has changed for you in doing that? You know what He did out of His love for you and y ...[text shortened]... or, let Him suffer afresh for your sins. You want what you want and that is all that matters to you?
"The Lord said, ‘Forasmuch as this people draw near Me with their mouth, And with their lips honor Me, But have removed their heart far from Me, And their fear toward Me is taught by the precept of men.’"

I wish you well on Judgement Day. I suppose that as long as you strictly follow God's mandated 10 Commandments, Paul's lies with Grace will not impact Jesus' Judgment on your soul. But he may, laterally, shake his head once or twice, as he puts you in the separate graced-sheep pen.

The pen with the sign: Saved for Shearing. The shearing needed to get the wool out of their eyes.

If you suspect that a sheep has had wool pulled down over its eyes, you should handle it carefully to avoid causing injury. Here are the steps to safely remove the wool from a sheep's eyes:

Identify the Problem: First, confirm that the wool is indeed in the sheep's eyes. If it is, proceed with caution.

Position the Sheep: Place the sheep in a comfortable position. You can sit or lie down to make this easier. Hold the sheep firmly to prevent it from moving unexpectedly.

Remove the Wool: Carefully reach in and gently pull the wool out of the sheep's eyes. Be gentle to avoid causing discomfort or injury.

Clean the Area: After removing the wool, clean the area around the eyes to ensure there are no remaining fibers that could cause irritation.

Remember, always wear protective clothing and gloves when handling animals to protect yourself from potential injuries.

I think not alot

On my arse

Moves
113d
1 edit

Don't forget to remove the dags and
check for flies. Lice protection also.
Dock,muels and castrate the fellas
We like wethers, they have the better quality wool.