False religion versus the gospel of Jesus Christ

False religion versus the gospel of Jesus Christ

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
14 Aug 16

Originally posted by KellyJay
You have it backwards which doesn't surprise me any more. You also lie, I've never once
in my life let alone here say that we cannot do good works. I have said that works alone
will not save us, be they works of the law or any other kind.

You refuse to accept your need for Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior instead you go
about announcing to others ...[text shortened]... l picks you up and puts you
some place you do not want to go when all of this is said and done.
Depart from me ... Devil worshiper ...

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
14 Aug 16

Originally posted by Rajk999
Depart from me ... Devil worshiper ...
When you look at someone you think you are better than, and you ask yourself is that
person a Christian? Is that where your doctrine comes from, thinking you are better than
someone else? You do realize we are all sinners right, none of us are righteous outside
of Jesus Christ?

F

Moves
14 Aug 16

Is that where your doctrine comes from, thinking you are better than someone else? You do realize we are all sinners right, none of us are righteous outside of Jesus Christ?
But don't you believe that you are better than other people when you go on and on about how humans cannot be righteous unless they believe the same things as you do about Jesus Christ?

F

Moves
14 Aug 16

I've never once in my life let alone here say that we cannot do good works. I have said that works alone will not save us, be they works of the law or any other kind.
Do you believe "good works" are compulsory or optional?

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
15 Aug 16

Originally posted by FMF
Do you believe "good works" are compulsory or optional?
It is possible to do good works and not be saved but it is not possible to be saved and not do good works.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
15 Aug 16
1 edit

Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
It is possible to do good works and not be saved but it is not possible to be saved and not do good works.
Funny how Jesus never said any such thing?
Even funnier that you claim to know the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
You cannot repeat a single doctrine taught by Christ.
What does that make you?

Anyway Paul recognised that there are people who claim to know God and be saved and who have the Spirit of God ... BUT .. they remain in their sinful ways:

Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are. (1 Corinthians 3:16-17 KJV)

Notice that these saved Christians will be destroyed because of their evil works.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
15 Aug 16
1 edit

Funny how Jesus never said any such thing?
Even funnier that you claim to know the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
You cannot repeat a single doctrine taught by Christ.
What does that make you?

Anyway Paul recognised that there are people who claim to know God and be saved and who have the Spirit of God ... BUT .. they remain in their sinful ways:

K ...[text shortened]... 17 KJV)

Notice that these saved Christians will be destroyed because of their evil works.
So you only quote Paul when it suits you?

Jesus said a good tree cannot bear bad fruit, he also said no one comes to the Father except through me.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
15 Aug 16

So you only quote Paul when it suits you?
Did I say something is wrong with what Paul said?
What I did say is that there are some Christians [much like yourself], who ignore the teachings of Christ and MISQUOTE and MISINTERPRET Paul.

I notice as usual you continue to ignore the passages I quote.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
15 Aug 16

Did I say something is wrong with what Paul said?
What I did say is that there are some Christians [much like yourself], who ignore the teachings of Christ and MISQUOTE and MISINTERPRET Paul.

I notice as usual you continue to ignore the passages I quote.
So what is wrong with all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
15 Aug 16

So what is wrong with all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God?
Nothing is wrong with that. It is correct.

Why do Christians go back to that statement when discussing the doctrine of Jesus Christ?

The topic is what is the Gospel of Christ and how did Jesus say is the route to entry into the Kingdom of God. Can you deal with the facts of what Jesus said?

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
15 Aug 16

Nothing is wrong with that. It is correct.

Why do Christians go back to that statement when discussing the doctrine of Jesus Christ?

The topic is what is the Gospel of Christ and how did Jesus say is the route to entry into the Kingdom of God. Can you deal with the facts of what Jesus said?
Ok and when Jesus said no one comes to the Father except through me?

Did he mean good works can get an atheist into Heaven?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
15 Aug 16
3 edits

Ok and when Jesus said no one comes to the Father except through me?

Did he mean good works can get an atheist into Heaven?
I notice you like these oneliners taken out of context. How about reading the whole story.

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. (John 14:6 KJV)

What CHristians do is to interpret what Jesus meant by 'but by me' to suit themeslves. They believe that someone needs to call Jesus name over and over, proclaim they belive Jesus, they love Jesus over and over etc etc. But no such thing was ever said by Jesus.

If you continue reading John 14 and 15, you see what Jesus meant, by coming through him or by him. Its all about following his commandments, and Jesus repeats this over and over .. follow and obey his commandments. Did you miss that?

Yes an atheist can follow Christ, and Yes Christ will reward him with eternal life in the Kingdom of God.
Yes also to the truth that one can profess Christ and love Christ and know Christ and it can be all in vain if that person does not actually follow the commandments of Christ.

As Jesus said a zillion times .. the key to entry into the Kingdom of God is the following of his commandments the chief of which is to love your neighbour as yourself.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
15 Aug 16

I notice you like these oneliners taken out of context. How about reading the whole story.

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. (John 14:6 KJV)

What CHristians do is to interpret what Jesus meant by 'but by me' to suit themeslves. They believe that someone needs to call Je ...[text shortened]... d is the following of his commandments the chief of which is to love your neighbour as yourself.
So how exactly does an atheist 'repent and believe the gospel' as Jesus instructed if they don't even believe he existed?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
15 Aug 16

So how exactly does an atheist 'repent and believe the gospel' as Jesus instructed if they don't even believe he existed?
Do you understand my last post. Address my points first instead of asking dumb questions.

Do you understand the essence of the teachings of Christ in John 14 and 15?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
15 Aug 16
2 edits

The way is a living Person - Jesus Himself - 'I am the way"

He is the truth and the life too. The life which can convey men to the Father is Jesus Christ. No one comes to the Father except through the life - Jesus.

Rajk999 is advocating a LIFELESS way to come to the Father.

The book of Galatians says no law could give divine life to fallen man.

" For if a law had been given which was able to give life, righteousness would have indeed been of law." (See Galatians 21)

A law given by God in the Old Testament was not able to given life. But to give life, Christ, the life (John 14:6) became a life giving Spirit.

" ... the last Adam became a life giving Spirit" (1 Cor. 15:45)

He gives Himself to man. He is the way the truth and the divine life. By being the Lord Spirit this living One gives life when the law could not give life.

What CHristians do is to interpret what Jesus meant by 'but by me' to suit themeslves. They believe that someone needs to call Jesus name over and over, proclaim they belive Jesus, they love Jesus over and over etc etc. But no such thing was ever said by Jesus.

Foolish man. If you LOVE someone there is no limit to how much you wish to CALL their name.

How many times is too many for me to say "Lord JESUS, Lord JESUS, Lord JESUS, I love You"{/b]. Where is the maximum number of times specified in the Scripture that I may call and adoration [b]'Lord Jesus" ?

And no I did not call you a fool. But I do indicate in this instance you are speaking as a foolish one. What kind of drunken legalist are you to insist lovers of Jesus cannot CALL His name initially and even afterwards as many times as they still sense the refreshment in spirit and in heart to CALL - Lord Jesus ?

3 times ?
7 times?
12 times ?
18 times ?

Where is the verse forbidding me to CALL "Lord Jesus" beyond a specified count ? Foolish one !

You have never read perhaps the classic hymn the first line of which reads:

" O Jesus, Jesus, dearest Lord,
Forgive me if I say,
For very love the precious name
A thousand times a day."

Listen and learn, LEARN - https://www.hymnal.net/en/hymn/h/208

If you do not know or sing that song in your worship we often sing this classic hymn.
The writer of this hymn wanted to call on the dear Lord's name "a thousand times a day."

If you continue reading John 14 and 15, you see what Jesus meant, by coming through him or by him. Its all about following his commandments, and Jesus repeats this over and over .. follow and obey his commandments. Did you miss that?

Before He speaks of commandments He says that He goes to prepare a place for His lovers that where He is they also may be. This means that He must go to the cross to accomplish eternal redemption that man may enter into God and stand in God - in the living house of God.

" Do not let your heart be troubled; believe into God, believe also into Me.

In My Father's house are many abodes; if it were not so i would have told you;

for I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I am coming again and will receive you to Myself, so that where I am you also may be." (John 14:1-3)

This is not about Jesus going to Heaven to prepare mansions.
No, this does not mean Jesus has spent two thousand years hanging curtains, arranging furniture, preparing chandeliers, and laying luxurious carpets in heavenly mansions.

This is about Jesus going to the cross to die in order that man may enter into God and God may enter into man. So then not only He is a man mingled with God but He goes to prepare a place for redeemed sinners to be where He is - a man united with the Father.

If only He was able to enjoy this mingling of God and man He would have TOLD us that no other men and women may experience this. He would have told us that it was impossible for us to be joined to God.

"In My Father's house are many abodes, IF IT WERE NOT SO I WOULD HAVE TOLD YOU; for I go to prepare A PLACE FOR YOU." (v.2)

On His cross He prepared a way for man to receive eternal redemption that man may receive the divine life of the Father and may be joined to God.

The singular of the same Greek word in verse 2 - plural "many abodes" is used in verse 23.

" We will come to him and make an ABODE [singular] with him."

He has to come into us to be our indwelling life.
And we have to abide in Him to live the life which lives God.

The same thought is expressed in other words in chapter 6. We have to EAT Jesus in order to LIVE by Jesus. There is no gritting our teeth to keep commandmants. There is the taking IN of Jesus, the EATING of Jesus that we may live by Jesus.

" As the living Father has sent Me and I live because of the Father, so he who eats Me shall live because of Me." (John 6:57)

We can call as many times as we want to to EAT Jesus. In the heat of temptation we can call out 'Lord Jesus, O Lord Jesus." and instead of falling to temptation we EAT Jesus and LIVE by Jesus.

Why don't you try it ?

Calling, praying, musing on His name - crying to, whispering, praising His name, taking in His living Spirit in any way your heart moves you to contact the living Savior is within bounds.

Don't you dare criticize my calling on my DEAR Lord Jesus even a thousand times a day if I wish.

'O Lord Jesus, I love You. O Lord Jesus, I praise You. O Lord Jesus You are my very life. Lord Jesus I live by You.

Lord Jesus, thankyou for going to Calvary to prepare a place for me in the Father's house too."

Yes an atheist can follow Christ, and Yes Christ will reward him with eternal life in the Kingdom of God.

Why did the New Testament say that a commandment of God was not able to give life ?

"Is then the law against the promises of God? Absolutely not! For if a law had been given which was able to give life, righteousness would have indeed been of law." (Gal. 3:21)