No need to be like Christ ?

No need to be like Christ ?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
30 Aug 16
1 edit

Originally posted by divegeester
I'm asking you about the validity of the advice you gave to chaney3 and wether or not you think it's a transferable tactic.
Again this is simply a copy cat FMF cloned statement. Its as if you have no mind of your own. No ideas of your own?

Moves
30 Aug 16

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Again this is simply a copy cat FMF cloned statement. Its as if you have no mind of your own. No ideas of your own?
Keep hiding boy 😉

Moves
30 Aug 16
1 edit

I think your rhetoric about being experienced with alcoholics is complete stoyfying by you. You obviously have absolutely no idea of the nature of alcoholism, you give chaney3, a confessed alchoholic, dreadfully inept advice and now you are blithering on about drug abuse as through you are an expert in that also. Meanwhile you throw nasty little jibes at Very Rusty. This is what I'm calling you out over.

rc

Moves
30 Aug 16

Keep hiding boy 😉
nothing.

rc

Moves
30 Aug 16
1 edit

I think your rhetoric about being experienced with alcoholics is complete stoyfying by you. You obviously have absolutely no idea of the nature of alcoholism, you give chaney3, a confessed alchoholic, dreadfully inept advice and now you are blithering on about drug abuse as through you are an expert in that also. Meanwhile you throw nasty little jibes at Very Rusty. This is what I'm calling you out over.
and more nothing. Goodnight sockpuppetjeester.

Moves
30 Aug 16
1 edit

and more nothing. Goodnight sockpuppetjeester.
You are just using this as an excuse to avoid addressing the point.

Good night Robbie, catch you in the morning x

c

Moves
30 Aug 16

The issue of alcohol pertains to me personally, but I have NO issues with drugs. The question of moderation can be twisted to meet a person's specific 'drug of choice', regardless of its legality.

Is moderation okay with:

Cocaine?
Heroin?
Cigarette smoking?
Marijuana?

What I've noticed in this thread is how most are trying to justify their own use of alcohol, because they enjoy it, and possibly because it's legal, and if it's consumed responsibly. However, a person who enjoys his cocaine will say the exact same thing, as long as the job is okay, the bills are paid, and it's not causing grief with the wife.....then why not? Same with a cigarette smoker.

If the Bible warns against non-medical drug use, it's important to note that alcohol is considered a drug.

People will attempt to justify the use of what appeals to them specifically.

Moves
30 Aug 16

Originally posted by chaney3
The issue of alcohol pertains to me personally, but I have NO issues with drugs. The question of moderation can be twisted to meet a person's specific 'drug of choice', regardless of its legality.

Is moderation okay with:

Cocaine?
Heroin?
Cigarette smoking?
Marijuana?

What I've noticed in this thread is how most are trying to justify their own us ...[text shortened]... nsidered a drug.

I agree with you on this.

Unfortunately Robbie can't respond as he has gone to bed because I'm a sock puppet.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
30 Aug 16

Is moderation okay with:

Cocaine?
Heroin?
Cigarette smoking?
Marijuana?

What I've noticed in this thread is how most are trying to justify their own us ...[text shortened]... nsidered a drug.

Alcohol was prohibited for a while and marijuana became illegal because it threatened the cotton industry. That's why all those reefer madness films were made, nothing to do with the actual effects.

Like I mentioned before, not one death recorded resulting directly from marijuana use

c

Moves
30 Aug 16

Originally posted by karoly aczel
Alcohol was prohibited for a while and marijuana became illegal because it threatened the cotton industry. That's why all those reefer madness films were made, nothing to do with the actual effects.

Like I mentioned before, not one death recorded resulting directly from marijuana use
Does your comment suggest that either you smoke marijuana, or have no problem with people who do?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
30 Aug 16

Does your comment suggest that either you smoke marijuana, or have no problem with people who do?
I smoke, I have no problem with people who do.
More importantly I support marijuana reform .The evidence is clear and plentiful.
If alcohol and tobacco are legal and deemed not to be dangerous (while being directly attributal to numerous deaths) , then how can marijuana be dangerous having had no recorded deaths?
Consider this: Me, with my aggressive and loud tendencies has prolly stayed out of a lot of trouble (specially in my younger days) by smoking weed.

c

Moves
30 Aug 16
1 edit

Originally posted by karoly aczel
I smoke, I have no problem with people who do.
More importantly I support marijuana reform .The evidence is clear and plentiful.
If alcohol and tobacco are legal and deemed not to be dangerous (while being directly attributal to numerous deaths) , then how can marijuana be dangerous having had no recorded deaths?
Consider this: Me, with my aggressive ...[text shortened]... encies has prolly stayed out of a lot of trouble (specially in my younger days) by smoking weed.
I'm really not sure how to reply to your post, except to say that smoking weed may not be equal to alcohol with regards to the effect on the brain, but certainly it must be bad to have the smoke inhaled into the lungs.....right? Any studies on
that?

Edit: I will add that you have clearly defended and rationalized your personal 'drug of choice'.

F

Moves
30 Aug 16

The question of moderation can be twisted to meet a person's specific 'drug of choice', regardless of its legality.
You should simply ignore robbie's advice about an alcoholic drinking "in moderation" or alcoholic restarting their drinking when they feel "strong enough" because "people can change". It's sheer nonsense. I think he was in some kind of Walter Mitty mode there a few pages back.

F

Moves
30 Aug 16

What I've noticed in this thread is how most are trying to justify their own use of alcohol, because they enjoy it, and possibly because it's legal, and if it's consumed responsibly.
Justify? There remains confusion at the heart of what you are saying. Why do you frame it as people "trying to justify their own use of alcohol"? There is nothing wrong or immoral with consuming alcohol, in and of itself. Yes, people are responsible for the morality of their behaviour and actions - we agree on that - but the action of consuming alcohol is not inherently immoral [and so does not require a person to "justify" it] unless you can show how it is.

c

Moves
31 Aug 16

Originally posted by FMF
I have had a couple of friends I helped. Different times. I went around with them, stuck to them like glue, at the worst of times. Talked for hours. Days. Nursed them through cold turkey. Mopped up. Got into a few scuffles. Cooked. Let them bend my ear through tears. Swept their place for hidden booze. Moved in (with one of them) for a month. Went places with th ...[text shortened]... table. I don't. And of course it's none of my business who or how many you have helped or known.
It's highly admirable what you did for your friends.

In their cases, do you think it would be 'inherently immoral' for them to drink alcohol? Maybe not.....but their actions might be, which is why, in my opinion, you cannot discuss drinking alcohol without also discussing the ensuing actions that may take place.

And as I said earlier, anyone who drinks alcohol 'could' overdo it at some point, even if their intention at the onset was to drink responsibly. Alcohol has a way of lowering inhibitions just enough to allow you to drink 'just one more' on some occasions, and your actions may not resemble your normal character at all, and immoral behavior could follow. This is for anyone, not just the alcoholic.