Understanding the Bible:  A Discussion on Luke 18:18-27

Understanding the Bible: A Discussion on Luke 18:18-27"

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
99d

@kellyjay said
If you are going to talk about salvation and grace according to biblical definition then you should be able to talk about what grace is and what we are being saved from and why we need to be.

Do you know what grace is?
Grace in a nutshell.

In essence, grace is when any of us admit we are wrong. What is not grace is showing resentment because we were proven wrong. Losing graciously means thanking others when we are shown to be wrong for our own good.

Grace involves saving others from their deeply ingrained prejudices. It is God's ultimate act of mercy, used sparingly and reserved for a select few—those whom God employs to carry out His will in doing his dirty work.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
99d

@pettytalk said
Grace in a nutshell.

In essence, grace is when any of us admit we are wrong. What is not grace is showing resentment because we were proven wrong. Losing graciously means thanking others when we are shown to be wrong for our own good.

Grace involves saving others from their deeply ingrained prejudices. It is God's ultimate act of mercy, used sparingly and reserved for a select few—those whom God employs to carry out His will in doing his dirty work.
No, repentance is when we admit we are wrong and change our ways. Grace is unmerited forgiveness by the one wronged.

Moves
99d

@kellyjay said
No, repentance is when we admit we are wrong and change our ways. Grace is unmerited forgiveness by the one wronged.
Have you wronged anyone?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
99d

@pettytalk said
Have you wronged anyone?
Plenty

Moves
99d

@kellyjay said
Plenty
Good & Plenty?

Probably not enough to warrant spending more than a couple of days in hell. You won't require grace for that. Moreover, in preaching your gospel you're already settling some of your debts by tolerating a few individuals here, including myself now.

However, it's essential for everyone to understand that before reaching heaven, we must pass through hell.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
99d

@pettytalk said
Good & Plenty?

Probably not enough to warrant spending more than a couple of days in hell. You won't require grace for that. Moreover, in preaching your gospel you're already settling some of your debts by tolerating a few individuals here, including myself now.

However, it's essential for everyone to understand that before reaching heaven, we must pass through hell.
You fail to grasp who we sin against when we are doing wrong to another person, it is ultimately also against the God who made us. What we do to the least we do to Him. This makes every deed done against a Holy, Righteous God who tells us to turn the other cheek He will replay. Do you think a lifetime of sin against a Holy God will be ignored? It is not us who offer grace it is God.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
99d

@pettytalk said
Grace in a nutshell.

The Grace of God is about this.

For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world; (Titus 2:11-12 KJV)

Whatever you are on about has nothing to do with what the bible says. If it is in the bible please provide some references.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
99d

@rajk999 said

For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world; (Titus 2:11-12 KJV)

Whatever you are on about has nothing to do with what the bible says. If it is in the bible please provide some references.
πŸ‘

Moves
99d

@rajk999 said

Are you serious?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
99d
1 edit

@pettytalk said
Are you serious?
Oh .. I get it. You hate Paul. So here is what Jesus himself said:

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
(John 3:16-17 KJV)

This is what is called the Grace of God ie the sacrifice of His Son Jesus for the sins of the world so that they will be saved and have everlasting life.

RIght so I quoted 2 bible passages. You still need to quote ONE for this description of grace ...

Where is that in the bible?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
99d

@pettytalk said
You choose your path, and I'll choose mine. As I mentioned earlier, you and KellyJay are essentially classmates. The distinction lies in the fact that you've been raised in different parts of the pond. Both of you are fish, ironically, the symbol for Christians. You two pick different cherries, and that's the extent of it. While Kelly is obstinate, he's a gentle angelfish; you, on the other hand, are a vicious moray eel.
And you’re a minnow πŸ˜„

OAa

Moves
95d

Pilate asked Jesus, are you king of the Jews? Jesus responded, is that your idea or did others talk to you about me?

Some will say Jesus didn't freely have loving-kindness, or Charity must involve sacrifice. I think the gift of mercy is downplayed in making so decisive accounts of truth. Questioning serves the ears questioning, poor as they may be.

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
83d

@mchill said
I beg to differ-

John 1:18 “No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known. “
I agree with your interpretation here.
[John 14:8-9 NKJV] 8 Philip said to Him, "Lord, show us the Father, and it is sufficient for us." 9 Jesus said to him, "Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, 'Show us the Father'? πŸ˜‰

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
82d

@kingdavid403 said
I agree with your interpretation here.
[John 14:8-9 NKJV] 8 Philip said to Him, "Lord, show us the Father, and it is sufficient for us." 9 Jesus said to him, "Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, 'Show us the Father'? πŸ˜‰
I also agree with mchill and yourself on this point.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
52d

@rajk999 said
Three separate and distinct entities.
Not equal.
Jesus is the firstborn or begotton of creation.
The JWs misinterpret this verse as well, and in exactly the same way.