1. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    24 Jul '12 10:10
    The inaugural season for the new 7 Day Timeout 4 man team season will start July 31st.

Please enter your team well in advance of this date if you would like your clan to compete.

[clid]7[/clid]
  2. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    25 Jul '12 07:42
    Originally posted by Russ
    The inaugural season for the new 7 Day Timeout 4 man team season will start July 31st.

Please enter your team well in advance of this date if you would like your clan to compete.

[clid]7[/clid]
    I don't think July 31st is a good time to start a league.
    This is in the middle of the main U.K holiday fortnight.
    Some of my clan who would possibly play are away(or going away) at the moment.
  3. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    29 Jul '12 21:42

[clid]7[/clid]
    I want to edit my team for this league.
    However, one of the players I wish to enter is on vacation and will return on August 3rd.
    I know from previous attempts that the site rules will not allow me to enter this player.
    Can you please "allow" me to replace Dvm2788 in the Yorkshire Laikers team with Herman 987.
    Can I just say again that I think it is a little bit silly to stop a player playing in the leagues because he is away on one particular day in the year.
    If he went on vacation on August 1st for 36 days presumably there wouldn't be a problem!!
    As I said -all a bit silly.

Dave
  4. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    30 Jul '12 11:46
    Originally posted by venda
    I want to edit my team for this league.
    However, one of the players I wish to enter is on vacation and will return on August 3rd.
    I know from previous attempts that the site rules will not allow me to enter this player.
    Can you please "allow" me to replace Dvm2788 in the Yorkshire Laikers team with Herman 987.
    Can I just say again that I think it is a litt ...[text shortened]... wouldn't be a problem!!
    As I said -all a bit silly.

Dave
    I can understand the original thinking behind this 'rule' Dave, but there must surely be some leeway somewhere along the lines...as much as a player may wish to be included in a league, and for the sake of a day or so from the end of their holiday, they cannot enter if their flag is hoisted.... contact Herman directly and ask him to lower his flag a day earlier than he planned..possible but is it plausible, he might be 'protecting' a number of games that he'd get timed out of ??
  5. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    30 Jul '12 15:46
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    I can understand the original thinking behind this 'rule' Dave, but there must surely be some leeway somewhere along the lines...as much as a player may wish to be included in a league, and for the sake of a day or so from the end of their holiday, they cannot enter if their flag is hoisted.... contact Herman directly and ask him to lower his flag a day ...[text shortened]... t is it plausible, he might be 'protecting' a number of games that he'd get timed out of ??
    I've thought of asking him to lower his flag but i don't know what time the league actually starts
    Is it automatic at 00:01 on the 31st or whatever time Russ chooses to kick it off?
    I can't really ask a guy on holiday to sit by a terminal all day to put his flag back up when the league has started.
  6. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    30 Jul '12 15:55
    The start of the four man 7:14 league
    Please acknowledge the request to allow me to alter my team for the Yorkshire LaikersClan 24514 for the start of the season tomorrow.
    Herman 987 is on vacation until the 3rd of August and wants to play
    Dvm 2788 doesn't want to play.
    If I know what time in the day the league starts i can ask him to lower his flag for 5 minutes while I do the amendment myself but it would be so much simpler if you could do it for me.
  7. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    30 Jul '12 23:27
    Originally posted by venda
    The start of the four man 7:14 league
    Please acknowledge the request to allow me to alter my team for the Yorkshire LaikersClan 24514 for the start of the season tomorrow.
    Herman 987 is on vacation until the 3rd of August and wants to play
    Dvm 2788 doesn't want to play.
    If I know what time in the day the league starts i can ask him to lower ...[text shortened]... utes while I do the amendment myself but it would be so much simpler if you could do it for me.
    Dave, I'm afraid he can only lower his flag for an entire day...it will be a difficult decision if he has a number of games to 'protect' as it will expose him for that day...I see he's moving now so hopefully he'll have that in order.
    And let's face it here, he is EXPECTING to play this league..it's a shame if he misses it based upon the present system.

Perhaps some other system could be considered as this flag and league issue is cropping up very regularly now...I don;t think we can afford to lose ANY teams, and certainly not for the sake of this flag time 'problem'.
    I shall post this suggestion on 'site ideas' also but leave it here as a larger part of my note:

Where we have the 'league clan' under 'my clan settings,' would it be possible to have a tick box for 'available at all times' ( with a cautionary note indicating it will make us available for leagues with the holiday flag out )
  8. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    30 Jul '12 23:34
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    Dave, I'm afraid he can only lower his flag for an entire day...it will be a difficult decision if he has a number of games to 'protect' as it will expose him for that day...I see he's moving now so hopefully he'll have that in order.
    And let's face it here, he is EXPECTING to play this league..it's a shame if he misses it based upon the present system. ...[text shortened]... te indicating it will make us available for leagues with the holiday flag out )
    Thanks again for all your input Dean
    I've just logged in to see if anything has changed before I turn in -and nothing has -no reply from Russ
    Richard(herman 987) knows the situation and appreciates he may not be able to play in this league
    I'm not going to let this go.
    I'm going to post 1 more protest in "site ideas" for now and see what happens.
    Bye for now.
  9. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    31 Jul '12 10:14
    We have made the switch prior to season start - in approx 10 minutes.
  10. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    31 Jul '12 13:00
    We have made the switch prior to season start - in approx 10 minutes.
    Thanks very much.
    It's good to know you are listening.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree