1. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    29 Jan '09 11:40
    The process of removing games in progress with no move made in over 6 months is underway and should be completed by the end of today.

This process will then become automated in the future.
  2. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    29 Jan '09 16:42
    Originally posted by Russ
    The process of removing games in progress with no move made in over 6 months is underway and should be completed by the end of today.

This process is now complete.
  3. The sky
    Moves
    29 Jan '09 19:39

Will the players (or non-players) get a notification before the game is deleted?
  4. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    29 Jan '09 22:112 edits

Oh. Oh dear...

What will happen to my pretty skulls collection? I have collected about a hundred to inflate my rating to a 1800+ one on time-out-claiming, on one day. Took me years to collect...!
  5. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    29 Jan '09 22:14
    Darn. They are all gone already, I see.

Boo!
  6. New Braunfels, Texas
    Moves
    29 Jan '09 23:09
    Hey, I was still thinking on that game from last July! 😠😠
  7. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    30 Jan '09 09:55
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    Will the players (or non-players) get a notification before the game is deleted?
    Now the general house keeping is complete, a notification will probably go out a month prior to any games being removed in future. (by email)
  8. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    30 Jan '09 10:21
    Now the general house keeping is complete, a notification will probably go out a month prior to any games being removed in future. (by email)
    Are the games totally gone, or are they only terminated?
  9. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    30 Jan '09 10:53
    Can you choose to keep the games?

Really, I like skull collecting. it is the only reason why I ever want to play 1200 provisionals.
    I don't like it that all my resting games are gone now. This is the first time in almost five years of RHP-progress that I am by not happy with how things have been implemented up here.
  10. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    31 Jan '09 07:371 edit
    In fact I was also wondering, some games went back to life, so... But if that is the new rule okay. You could ahve given us some more time to collect those skulls however

The other point is: It sounds as if it was a long planned action, but I cklaim to read the fora quite regularly and hevan't ever read about it. Can someone point me the the first anouncement.

As was sometimes suggested in the site ideas it would be great to have a list of work in progress..
  11. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    05 Feb '09 22:29
    Originally posted by Aiko
    Can you choose to keep the games?
    Really, I want to know! Will it be?
  12. The sky
    Moves
    07 Feb '09 19:38
    Originally posted by Aiko
    Really, I want to know! Will it be?
    I want to know, too! It would be nice because some abandoned games may have been really interesting, or you may have had an ingame chat that you consider worth keeping. Or you may even know that your opponent has left for a year or so, but will be back.
  13. Joined
    31 Jan '07
    Moves
    08 Feb '09 02:23
    I guess this has finished off the Skull Collecting Competition. Now we'll never know who the top collectors were. 🙁
  14. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    09 Feb '09 14:09
    I'm sorry to say they are gone. If there are one or two games you wanted PGNs for, I can recover them from a backup. (maybe)

I understand that anyone skull collecting (but why?) would find this operation slightly annoying,. It did clean up a large number of abandoned games, and despite the scale of the job, the only complaints we received have been posted here in this thread.
  15. Joined
    11 Aug '03
    Moves
    11 Feb '09 15:11
    Would it be possible to recover my game with Simonm? He was about to move after an inexplicably long time.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree