1. Standard memberleisurelysloth
    Man of Steel
    rushing to and fro
    Moves
    12 Feb '09 06:22
    Originally posted by Russ
    The process of removing games in progress with no move made in over 6 months is underway and should be completed by the end of today.

This process will then become automated in the future.
    😠
  2. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    13 Feb '09 20:17
    The process of removing games in progress with no move made in over 6 months is underway and should be completed by the end of today.

This process will then become automated in the future.
    😞
  3. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    13 Feb '09 20:56
    I'm sorry to say they are gone. If there are one or two games you wanted PGNs for, I can recover them from a backup. (maybe)

I understand that anyone skull collecting (but why?) would find this operation slightly annoying,. It did clean up a large number of abandoned games, and despite the scale of the job, the only complaints we received have been posted here in this thread.
    I have an opponent who hasn't moved in 94 days. I expect, in time, he'll be back given a conversation we were having in game. I REALLY don't want that game to be auto deleted.

I believe a notification needs to be sent through RHP to both players, and if one of them acts to show that they are still around, and would like to keep the game, then it should be kept.

Games where both players have left the site will still be deleted. The huge number of these types of abandoned games would still be cleaned up, leaving an absolute minimum of games which only appear to have been abandoned.

D
  4. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    16 Feb '09 20:18
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    I have an opponent who hasn't moved in 94 days. I expect, in time, he'll be back given a conversation we were having in game. I REALLY don't want that game to be auto deleted.

I believe a notification needs to be sent through RHP to both players, and if one of them acts to show that they are still around, and would like to keep the game, then it should ...[text shortened]... eaned up, leaving an absolute minimum of games which only appear to have been abandoned.

D
    http://www.redhotpawn.com/myhome/termsofservice.php

Section 11, whether we like it or not.
  5. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    16 Feb '09 21:12
    Originally posted by adramforall
    http://www.redhotpawn.com/myhome/termsofservice.php

Section 11, whether we like it or not.
    The not-liking potentially influences the renewal-decision-making, though.
    It sure takes a bit of the fun out for me, if games are not being stored. Even if they have been abanded. I am a compulsive collector, and I have my needs...!
  6. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    17 Feb '09 17:401 edit
    Originally posted by Aiko
    The not-liking potentially influences the renewal-decision-making, though.
    It sure takes a bit of the fun out for me, if games are not being stored. Even if they have been abanded. I am a compulsive collector, and I have my needs...!
    No further games are being removed right now.

We may clear out games that ended in less than 3 moves though (and are therefore unrated). These are of very little value - no interesting play took place - and just fill our database needlessly. Tournament, clan and other special game types would be exempt from this again though.

Other than that, do not fear, no games are being removed.
  7. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    18 Feb '09 11:26
    Hey Russ, is it possible to have a filter to show only non-complete games in the "current games" page?

I would like to mask my completed games or (even better) at least have an option to manually tag it as not-current. If I send it to the archive folder, it doesn't disappear.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree