1. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    14 Nov '19 14:572 edits
    If you volunteer as a Greeter (thank you!), then you will notice that games pile up from new sign ups, who then go on to make no moves.

These games will now be removed each night (a minimum of 24 hours after creation) if there is no activity from the new player.

Hopefully this will unburden Greeters from the admin work of removing games which are highly unlikely to ever be played.

edit : Just want to credit @Hanzii with this suggestion.
  2. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    14 Nov '19 15:20
    @russ said
    If you volunteer as a Greeter (thank you!), then you will notice that games pile up from new sign ups, who then go on to make no moves.

These games will now be removed each night (a minimum of 24 hours after creation) if there is no activity from the new player.

Hopefully this will unburden Greeters from the admin work of removing games which are highly unlikely to ever be played.
    Hi Russ, thank you for that. I normally allowed them to mature to a ripe age of 72 Hours 😉
  3. Victor, New York
    Moves
    14 Nov '19 15:23
    @Russ Thank you for the change. I enjoy being a greeter but wasn’t fond of removing the games from non-movers. Larry
  4. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    14 Nov '19 15:26
    No problem and thanks! I usually wait the normal 10 days, but this will keep my supply a little more fresh!
  5. Copenhagen
    Moves
    14 Nov '19 18:23
    @Russ

Thanks so much for your help, you are quick at fixing the annoying stuff :-) 🙂
    BR Hanzii
  6. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    05 Jan '20 21:481 edit
    Seems that the feature has worked well last year not so much this year. I have one game which sits unstarted and was not removed:
    Game 13564404
  7. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    06 Jan '20 10:54
    @Ponderable

Assuming you didn't delete this yourself....this game was deleted automatically as it should (eventually)?
  8. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    06 Jan '20 18:48
    @russ said
    @Ponderable

Assuming you didn't delete this yourself....this game was deleted automatically as it should (eventually)?
    yes it was maybe I was a tad impatient here. I saw that it had not seen its second midnight

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree