Claim draw
    Resign
    Conditional moves
    Subscribe
    After move preference
    Skip this game for now
    Analyze board Game Log
    Con. move queuePrint board

Between 'Resign' and 'Subscribe' you will see 'Conditional moves' - click on this
    Thanks Rene-Claude 🙂 found it... Think I ll make an appointment to get my glasses checked....
    adalia x
  2. Standard membernswearin
    Just Guess kivsyuib
    kivsyuib Between a-;
    Moves
    27 Nov '08 21:411 edit
    Seems there's a bug with the conditional moves - cant do that o' so special move where a pawn can take another pawn when the other pawn has just moved 2 spaces on it's first move by moving to where it would have been if it was to have moved only 1 space - sorry can never remember the name of it. Here's a screen shot of what I'm talking about:

http://ars-technomagia.org/images/conditional-move-bug.JPG

Oh also for all those having issues using conditional move - I've found that I have to make my move and then return to the game while it's my opponents turn in order to get the conditional moves to work.
  3. Standard memberEldaveer
    Drama Pawn
    Alexandria, VA, USA
    Moves
    27 Nov '08 22:06
    Originally posted by nswearin
    Seems there's a bug with the conditional moves - cant do that o' so special move where a pawn can take another pawn when the other pawn has just moved 2 spaces on it's first move by moving to where it would have been if it was to have moved only 1 space - sorry can never remember the name of it. Here's a screen shot of what I'm talking about:

http://ars- ...[text shortened]... n to the game while it's my opponents turn in order to get the conditional moves to work.
    I just ran into the same problem. The move is called "en passant". And the new conditional move functionality does not allow for it. That's definitely a bug. 🙂
  4. Standard membervietasianfox45
    Intermediate Player
    Saigon, Vietnam
    Moves
    28 Nov '08 02:24
    I think I am the one who thought of it and told some of the players who chat about it. I told them that gameknot does it and that it was an excellent thing to have for chess sites. I do not come on the forums that much. I don't even know how it works on this site at all.
  5. e4
    Moves
    30 Nov '08 13:531 edit
    Originally posted by Eldaveer
    I just ran into the same problem. The move is called "en passant". And the new conditional move functionality does not allow for it. That's definitely a bug. 🙂
    Me and Swiss Gambit played a game testing everything under the conditional terms.

EP works fine.

Thread 104417
  6. Standard memberO Artem O
    ParTizan
    Philadelphia, USA
    Moves
    30 Nov '08 16:57
    tnx a lot Russ
  7. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    30 Nov '08 19:101 edit
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    Me and Swiss Gambit played a game testing everything under the conditional terms.

EP works fine.

Thread 104417
    It worked fine when it was the "IF" part of the move, i.e. "IF exf6ep then Kd8", although the Pf5 was not removed automatically. I had to manually remove it.

I'm not sure it works as the "THEN" part, i.e. "IF f5 then exf6ep".
  8. Joined
    27 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Dec '08 17:00
    I notice that the Analyze function does not work if there are any active conditional moves. Is this something we will have to accept ?
  9. hirsute rooster
    Moves
    03 Dec '08 21:17
    Originally posted by kingcolemk
    I notice that the Analyze function does not work if there are any active conditional moves. Is this something we will have to accept ?
    The analyse board facility still works on games that have conditional moves set (works for me anyhow). Describe your problem in a bit more detail.

Consider posting a new thread in the help forum (it gets read a bit more often than here I think).

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree