Current game moderation team dissolved.

Current game moderation team dissolved.

Announcements

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
20 Jun 08

Originally posted by Squelchbelch
Edited due to wanting to be able to continue posting.
You are a SCARED COWARD.

P-

S

Moves
20 Jun 08

Originally posted by Phlabibit
You are a SCARED COWARD.

P-
You of all people should understand!
πŸ˜›

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
20 Jun 08

Originally posted by Squelchbelch
You of all people should understand!
πŸ˜›
Bwahahahahahaa!

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
20 Jun 08

Looks some folks need a ring and a pair of boxing gloves, or is everyone into the martial arts. πŸ˜›

I
King of slow

Moves
21 Jun 08

Originally posted by pawnhandler
I have to start reading more slowly -- I thought you said "oversee the immolation process." Then again, people would think twice about using engines...
I think this deserves more consideration. A stealth game mod team with the power to set people on fire would be pretty cool and consistent with the site branding to boot. I don't know if such a system would actually be better, but it would definitely be more entertaining.

So...anyone know any flamethrowing ninjas? Chess skills optional.

H
Finish Him!!!

Chess Club HQ

Moves
21 Jun 08

Originally posted by Ichibanov
So...anyone know any flamethrowing ninjas? Chess skills optional.
User 23634?

I
King of slow

Moves
23 Jun 08

He's a world class Ninja all right...no one has seen him for 5 years.

But I'm not clear on whether or not he owns a flame-thrower, so the search will continue.

On a more serious note, I had posted a suggestion regarding game moderation in a private forum. Some there thought might be worth reposting here. I don't know if this approach has already been suggested/tried/etc. It was just something that came out of our discussion and I'm reposting it here to see if what people think. So apologies if this is a rehash of an old idea.

---

Maybe a combination of automation and paid moderation would work?

Run suspect games through some sort of automation. If the Fritz correlation is high enough, games have the players names changed to stuff like 'Suspect1' vs 'Victim' and are emailed to a set of independent (non-RHP) GMs or IMs. Said mods then review those games for an pre-agreed price and render independent verdicts based solely on the evidence. A unanimous guilty verdict by the team of mods gets you kicked.

This place does produce a decent income for Russ & Chris. Kicking a little back to catch cheaters would be money well spent and might even pay for itself in new subs if the system were found to be effective. Having an automated filter on the front would cut down the time & cost involved in the human investigation.

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
23 Jun 08

Originally posted by !~TONY~!
Just to tease everyone, the new system, from what I've heard so far, is a definite improvement. The community vote thing was probably a stupid idea in retrospect. πŸ˜€
Hopefully, this is some sort of automated system similiar to what they use at ICC

l
Man of Steel

rushing to and fro

Moves
23 Jun 08

Originally posted by Russ
We will be taking a slightly different approach to game moderation in future. There will be no further community votes for electing moderation teams. A new method for alerting suspect cheats will be introduced shortly too. Further details to follow within a week.

-Russ
Will this be a regular week? Or a Code Monkey week? πŸ˜‰

a

THORNINYOURSIDE

Moves
24 Jun 08

Originally posted by leisurelysloth
Will this be a regular week? Or a Code Monkey week? πŸ˜‰
Still two days to go πŸ˜›

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
24 Jun 08

Originally posted by Red Night
Hopefully, this is some sort of automated system similiar to what they use at ICC
Just to set the expectation here, we are not doing anything that special. In fact, it will not be dramatically different from what has gone before, but the process of selecting game mods and reporting suspects will be different.

-Russ

DS
I'm A Mighty Pirateβ„’

PaTROLLING the forum

Moves
24 Jun 08

Just to set the expectation here, we are not doing anything that special. In fact, it will not be dramatically different from what has gone before, but the process of selecting game mods and reporting suspects will be different.

-Russ
Does it involve a blindfold and a giant dartboard with a photo of everyone's face on it?

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
24 Jun 08

Originally posted by Daemon Sin
Does it involve a blindfold and a giant dartboard with a photo of everyone's face on it?
That is pretty funny.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
24 Jun 08

-Russ
The "process" of selecting Game Mods was YOU did it. Votes were taken, but you felt free to and did disregard the votes if you saw fit to.

What part of the reporting of suspects was a problem? Plenty of suspects were reported from what I understand and Gate has said the Game Mods were able to keep up with the workload. Perhaps rather than focusing your valuable time on the "correction" of non-problems, you could concentrate on reviewing and validating the determinations of the Game Mod team (excuse me; ex-Game Mod team).

1...c5!

Your Kingside

Moves
26 Jun 08

Originally posted by no1marauder
The "process" of selecting Game Mods was YOU did it. Votes were taken, but you felt free to and did disregard the votes if you saw fit to.

What part of the reporting of suspects was a problem? Plenty of suspects were reported from what I understand and Gate has said the Game Mods were able to keep up with the workload. Perhaps rather ...[text shortened]... iewing and validating the determinations of the Game Mod team (excuse me; ex-Game Mod team).
I think one of the biggest problems with the game mods as they are now (or I guess were) was that we never really got set into a routine and cleared out all of the other crap that we had to get done before we could just straight up look at all of the suspects. If the 5 game mods could have just focused on doing all of their work, we could have probably looked at more suspects than we had rolling in, but as it was, we got through very little because we never really got to cover all of the initial "fixed costs".