1. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    01 Nov '05 17:18
    We currently have a large email queue to clear due to software fault, but this will clear over the next 24 hours.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

-Russ
  2. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    01 Nov '05 18:03
    Timeouts have been suspended for 24hours+ to be considerate to those who depend on move notifications.

-Russ
  3. London
    Moves
    01 Nov '05 19:19
    Originally posted by Russ
    Timeouts have been suspended for 24hours+ to be considerate to those who depend on move notifications.

-Russ
    Those people being the ones who log on to their emails to check if they have any moves waiting, when they could just as well go onto RHP and check if they have any moves?🙄😵😉
  4. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    02 Nov '05 00:11
    Originally posted by Freddie2004
    Those people being the ones who log on to their emails to check if they have any moves waiting, when they could just as well go onto RHP and check if they have any moves?🙄😵😉
    Some people who work with computers for extended periods of time (who do not have to keep logging in to get emails) get instantly notified if they receive an email (hence know quickly when they have a game waiting).

You cannot do this otherwise, unless you have John Bartkiw's handy RHPTray application installed. 🙂
  5. Ozzie
    Moves
    02 Nov '05 06:23
    That's insane...

Where was the 24 hour delay the last time I was timed-out?

I have tournament games from the same player who makes a single move each week and it is time to time them out finally - so the tournaments can move to round 2... And whola!

They get a lifeline.

That Sucks!
  6. Ozzie
    Moves
    02 Nov '05 06:25
    Can you please write the TIME when the TIMEOUT facility will be available again?

Rather than sitting here all day checking for it to come online.

Seems a sneaky way of a win - but I just want to move onto Round 2 in the tournament.
  7. Fear The Cow
    Moves
    02 Nov '05 06:26
    Originally posted by dickkyboy
    That's insane...

Where was the 24 hour delay the last time I was timed-out?

I have tournament games from the same player who makes a single move each week and it is time to time them out finally - so the tournaments can move to round 2... And whola!

They get a lifeline.

That Sucks!
    Was the email down the last time you got timed-out?
  8. Ozzie
    Moves
    02 Nov '05 06:381 edit
    I have it turned off. I know the games I play and when I will be due to move and move regularily and quick.

These games are 3/7 so just beause there is a move reminder on doesn't mean the people move in a reasonable time as the 7 has run out.

I have had the chance to claim the win on other occasions but let the game go in the hope the person would quicken up. This hasn't happened and I want them gone.

It xxxx me when a 3/7 game takes 3 months to complete!
  9. Fear The Cow
    Moves
    02 Nov '05 06:431 edit
    Just cause you don't use the email function doesn't mean other people don't. Yes its frustrating but you have to look at it from the other people who rely on the email function to tell them they have games waiting.

It's a feature the site offers and people use. If they get timed-out due to the fact that emails were not sent to inform them that they have games, there would be a lot of angry people sending a lot of complaints to Russ.

Can't please everyone all of the time.
  10. Ozzie
    Moves
    02 Nov '05 06:45
    Obviously...
  11. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    02 Nov '05 08:47
    The queue has largely cleared now, with just a few exceptions.

-Russ
  12. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    02 Nov '05 09:37
    Originally posted by dickkyboy
    I have tournament games from the same player who makes a single move each week and it is time to time them out finally - so the tournaments can move to round 2...
    If they only made 1 move a week, their timebank would have run out ages ago. Also, if they only moved once a week, they would have been auto t/o'd on multiple occasions every time they hadn't moved for 5 days.

D
  13. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    02 Nov '05 09:431 edit
    Queue has now cleared in its entirety. Thankfully.

Now to clear all the 'hey, I am getting move notifications when it is not my move anymore' feedback emails. :'(

-Russ
  14. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    02 Nov '05 09:48
    Now to clear all the 'hey, I am getting move notifications when it is not my move anymore' feedback emails. :'(
    You need a news ticker on my games page...
    http://www.timeforchess.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=32271&page=1

D
  15. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    02 Nov '05 10:28
    Queue has now cleared in its entirety. Thankfully.

-Russ
    I got twenty odd notifications and I'm only playing 6 games, haha.

It's ok not having notifications if thats how you like it but, only when you know beforehand that you ain't gonna get 'em.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree