1. The sky
    Moves
    26 Jul '07 20:25
    Originally posted by Russ
    I am open to feedback regarding the text size.
    I actually find the text harder to read than before, is it a different font? I'll probably get used to it though. The message log is worse, longer discussions have now become almost unreadable. I didn't have any issues with the old one, you could open it in a new tab and read the whole log easily. Now it's in the wrong order, and the popup window is so small that you can only see a small part of the discussion at a time. Could it be made adjustable?

The game log is nice, though.
  2. The sky
    Moves
    26 Jul '07 20:29
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Why don't you just incorporate them into the site proper? The code is already written, and really there's no reason why some of the things added via greasemonkey shouldn't be there, ie: The "Insert ***" links below this post.

D
    Very much agreed. I hate to use the site at work because it's so much less functional without Firefox and the Greasemonkey scripts.

I am glad I don't have many games at the moment; I have come to rely a lot on the script that adds the number of timeout and timebank days left to the My Games page, and if I had more games now that the script doesn't work, I'd probably get in time trouble in some of them.
  3. Standard memberDutch Defense
    Stealer of Souls
    Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Jul '07 20:41
    A new message log has been released which is accessible without navigating to a new page. (Available during play from either the existing 'message log' button, or below any new message you receive during play.)

A game log has also been added which gives an illustrated summary of the game so far (including message history too). Link next to the "analyse gam ...[text shortened]... ant to hide any message above the board temporarily, just click the '[name] says...' bar.
    Russ, you're amazing! 🙂
  4. Standard memberMrJohn
    A Chess Friend :-)
    Texas :-)
    Moves
    27 Jul '07 00:19
    Not entirely, but it is getting a few pieces in place before hand.

-Russ
    Ah, and speaking of getting a few pieces in place, Russ...

Maybe you'd want to use this new pop-up window format to fix the problem of the message box getting confused with the notes box. When someone clicks on the message box, it could pop up a window similar to the message log window, only with a landscape rather than portrait orientation. That would make a *much* nicer text editor than the current tiny message box and would clearly distinguish the message editor from the notes editor.

Just a thought. :-)

I do so much appreciate your hard work on this stuff, Russ! :-)
  5. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    29 Jul '07 00:27
    Originally posted by Dutch Defense
    Russ, you're amazing! 🙂
    What else is new? 😛
  6. Standard memberDutch Defense
    Stealer of Souls
    Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Jul '07 03:031 edit
    Originally posted by wittywonka
    What else is new? 😛
    How's Alaska? 🙂
  7. Standard memberRamned
    The Rams
    Moves
    29 Jul '07 15:59
    Wow messages are pretty fancy now 😵
  8. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    30 Jul '07 02:14
    Originally posted by Dutch Defense
    How's Alaska? 🙂
    Nice and sunny. I caught a 14-lb. salmon today. 😀
  9. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Moves
    30 Jul '07 03:51
    Originally posted by SmookieP
    I have to admit that I love this update!!!

Kewl beans 😵
    Don't know if this was mentioned, but I like that the game info says when the game was started.
  10. Standard memberRamned
    The Rams
    Moves
    30 Jul '07 11:43
    Am I seeing things!?! Every time I log on this site it seems to have improved!
  11. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    30 Jul '07 19:33
    A new message log has been released which is accessible without navigating to a new page. (Available during play from either the existing 'message log' button, or below any new message you receive during play.)

A game log has also been added which gives an illustrated summary of the game so far (including message history too). Link next to the "analyse gam ...[text shortened]... ant to hide any message above the board temporarily, just click the '[name] says...' bar.
    A nice addition to this new implementation would be a reply button (ala messages), especially at the conclusion of the game, so that the last message would be included in your reply.

Currently, you have to click on the user profile, and then click message.

D
  12. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    31 Jul '07 15:19
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    A nice addition to this new implementation would be a reply button (ala messages), especially at the conclusion of the game, so that the last message would be included in your reply.

Currently, you have to click on the user profile, and then click message.

D
    I agree - that would be very handy.
  13. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    31 Jul '07 22:04
    Originally posted by wittywonka
    Nice and sunny. I caught a 14-lb. salmon today. 😀
    I hope there will never be a day when a decent man cannot be proud of torturing an animal.
  14. Joined
    03 Apr '06
    Moves
    06 Aug '07 20:26
    Open to feedback and suggestions though.

-Russ[/b]
    Hi

In the new version, the special french letters, and I guess of every others languages, don't appear correctly. So a french sentence looks like this:

Je n'ai plus de d?callage horaire d?s ? mes d?placements pro.

Would be great if you could fix it.
  15. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    07 Aug '07 04:26
    No smileys yet - but I will enable them soon.

-Russ
    Thanks for enabling them, it is yet another minor detail that pushes RHP above the rest.

Much appreciated!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree