1. Donation!~TONY~!
    1...c5!
    Your Kingside
    Moves
    04 Feb '05 19:13
    Zumdahl is easily more qualified than all of those other people. Tebb, Russ, and Slow Pawn all recognize this. Read the posts under the original game mods post for his credentials.
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    04 Feb '05 19:44
    Originally posted by !~TONY~!
    Zumdahl is easily more qualified than all of those other people. Tebb, Russ, and Slow Pawn all recognize this. Read the posts under the original game mods post for his credentials.
    I see no reason to get into a protracted discussion about the people on the present Game Mods; I'm happy they've at least been selected and hope others can be added in the future. But, as far as I know, Zumdahl's "qualifications" posted in the Game Mods thread were that his dad had been a "computer buster" at some other site and that he had some engines; how that makes him "easily more qualified" than some of the others mentioned is unclear to me.
  3. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    04 Feb '05 20:47
    Originally posted by TRACKHEAD21
    This one I agree with. The team is fine aside from the one player who has used an engine before. Other than that I have no problems with the team except that neither grayeyes or gatecrasher are on it. Grayeyes despite whatever happened with him recently along with Tebb were the best people for the job. Gatecrasher was a good person too and more wanted by ...[text shortened]... until I'm down to and stuck with 6 games at a time :-) That and Uchess will keep my satisfied.
    You'll be sorely missed.

D
  4. Donation!~TONY~!
    1...c5!
    Your Kingside
    Moves
    04 Feb '05 21:10
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    I see no reason to get into a protracted discussion about the people on the present Game Mods; I'm happy they've at least been selected and hope others can be added in the future. But, as far as I know, Zumdahl's "qualifications" posted in the Game Mods thread were that his dad had been a "computer buster" at some other site and that he had ...[text shortened]... how that makes him "easily more qualified" than some of the others mentioned is unclear to me.
    Those are not his only qualifications. I am a big proponent of only having strong players on the game mods. I mean, it takes a strong player to know when a good move is obvious and when it's made by an engine. And how does his dad's and his experience with busting people not make him a good person for the job?
  5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    04 Feb '05 21:21
    Those are not his only qualifications. I am a big proponent of only having strong players on the game mods. I mean, it takes a strong player to know when a good move is obvious and when it's made by an engine. And how does his dad's and his experience with busting people not make him a good person for the job?
    Your claim was that: Zumdahl is easily more qualified than all of those other people.

Several of the others are at least as strong players as Zumdahl, who's seems to be having a recent rating spike after a long stretch in the 1700's. His dad's experience is obviously irrelevant and Zumdahl himself has no such experience. I have no large problem with him being on the Game Mods, but to say he's "easily more qualified" than Grayeyes, Mephisto2, Gatecrasher, TRACKHEAD21, etc. etc. is simply wrong. That being said, I hope that he does a fine job.
  6. Donation!~TONY~!
    1...c5!
    Your Kingside
    Moves
    04 Feb '05 21:24
    Your claim was that: Zumdahl is easily more qualified than all of those other people.

Several of the others are at least as strong players as Zumdahl, who's seems to be having a recent rating spike after a long stretch in the 1700's. His dad's experience is obviously irrelevant and Zumdahl himself has no such experience. I have no large pr ...[text shortened]... sher, TRACKHEAD21, etc. etc. is simply wrong. That being said, I hope that he does a fine job.
    His dad an him don't talk? He knows everything his dad does. He is a NM USCF OTB, which I would be willing to bet is stronger than some of the people you mentioned.
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    04 Feb '05 21:33
    His dad an him don't talk? He knows everything his dad does. He is a NM USCF OTB, which I would be willing to bet is stronger than some of the people you mentioned.
    I'll tell ya what: next time you need some dental work done, skip using your dentist and ask for his no-dental-experience-son to do it: after all, him and his dad talk and he "knows everything his dad does"!
    Most of the other strong players mentioned have OTB ratings. Besides, your claim was that Z was "easily more qualified" and that's bunk. At best, he might be marginally as qualified but your statement is wrong.
  8. Donation!~TONY~!
    1...c5!
    Your Kingside
    Moves
    04 Feb '05 21:51
    I'll tell ya what: next time you need some dental work done, skip using your dentist and ask for his no-dental-experience-son to do it: after all, him and his dad talk and he "knows everything his dad does"!
    Most of the other strong players mentioned have OTB ratings. Besides, your claim was that Z was "easily more qualified" and that's bunk. At best, he might be marginally as qualified but your statement is wrong.
    I don't feel like arguing with you, but your analogy sucks just as much as you claim my statement does. You don't go to school for busting people with engines. You bother me, and I really don't feel like talking to you anymore. Zumdahl is better qualified than most, and I stand by it. The team we have now is better than we could put together with anyone else on it. Simple as that.
  9. Standard memberGatecrasher
    Whale watching
    33°36'S 26°53'E
    Moves
    04 Feb '05 22:03
    To clarify: The team is great. No complaints.

The question remains: Why didn't Russ simply appoint the team instead of going through the whole voting rigmarole, because it clearly had no influence on the outcome? All it achieved is more controversy, more accusations, and false expectations.

If he had simply appointed the current team from the initial list of volunteers, noone would have complained, the legitimacy of the team would not have been questioned, and the work could have commenced two months ago.

Now, sadly, the first crisis facing the team will be that of credibility.

But we need them to do a decent job. They have a lot of work to do and they need to succeed, despite the wavering, amateurish way they have been sewn together.

10. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    04 Feb '05 22:041 edit
    I don't feel like arguing with you, but your analogy sucks just as much as you claim my statement does. You don't go to school for busting people with engines. You bother me, and I really don't feel like talking to you anymore. Zumdahl ...[text shortened]... han we could put together with anyone else on it. Simple as that.
    Sorry I bother you sooooooooo much. I hope the Game Mods aren't as thin skinned as most of the Forum Mods are.
  11. Donation!~TONY~!
    1...c5!
    Your Kingside
    Moves
    04 Feb '05 22:10
    Sorry I bother you sooooooooo much. I hope the Game Mods aren't as thin skinned as most of the Forum Mods are.
    I hope so too. They don't have to deal with stupidity on a daily basis. 😀
  12. Standard memberGatecrasher
    Whale watching
    33°36'S 26°53'E
    Moves
    04 Feb '05 22:13
    I hope so too. They don't have to deal with stupidity on a daily basis. 😀
    Actually, they do.
  13. DonationDustnrogers
    Canada'sChamp
    Calgary Alberta
    Moves
    05 Feb '05 09:43
    interesting, i know for a fact, or atleast from the past, that Z used to be part of the cheat police on ICC, and that he does really deserve to be where he is. But the votes were who was suppose to be selected, and ironically, all three of the people i voted for got the most votes and only Tebb made it outta them. Wierd. Charles you shouldnt leave. honestly.
  14. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    06 Feb '05 12:18
    Originally posted by Dustnrogers
    interesting, i know for a fact, or atleast from the past, that Z used to be part of the cheat police on ICC, and that he does really deserve to be where he is. But the votes were who was suppose to be selected, and ironically, all three of the people i voted for got the most votes and only Tebb made it outta them. Wierd. Charles you shouldnt leave. honestly.
    I base my belief that he shouldn't over the fact that when I've seen him talking about chess engines half the things are totally wrong going so far at times as to be exact opposites.
  15. Standard memberxs
    Incroyant
    tinyurl.com/ksdwu
    Moves
    06 Feb '05 12:51
    Originally posted by whomever
    Blah,Blah,Blah
    This thread is exactly why I believe the names should not have been published.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree