Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Announcements

Announcements

  1. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    20 Mar '05 20:02
    Sorry to everyone who requested this pages return during it abscense. Rather ironically, it had some performance issues of its own which have now been cured by some serious reengineering. It returns with some new filters( and links ) to compensate for its disappearance.

    -Russ
  2. 20 Mar '05 21:14
    thank you so much for this feature again. it's even better than before....exactly what i wanted
    thanx agian
    -todd
  3. Standard member rhb
    Ginger Scum
    20 Mar '05 21:56
    This is good to have back

    Is there a plan to allow clan leaders to view the clan performance of their clan members? Would be useful to be able to see that.

    Cheers

    Andy
  4. Standard member orfeo
    Missing 285 + 1
    20 Mar '05 22:12
    Russ, the new version is WONDERFUL. Now I don't have to go rummaging through the archives to find games I remember playing against a particular person!

    *Runs off skipping through fields of daisies*
  5. Standard member Ragnorak
    For RHP addons...
    20 Mar '05 22:30
    Originally posted by Russ
    It returns with some new filters( and links ) to compensate for its disappearance.
    You know what would really make up for it being offline for a while?

    An opponent count in the furthest left column, just a nice little easy stat for the number of opponents u've faced on here. Also, the opponent's current rating longside their name would be great.

    Cheers,

    D
  6. 20 Mar '05 23:53
    Originally posted by Russ
    Sorry to everyone who requested this pages return during it abscense. Rather ironically, it had some performance issues of its own which have now been cured by some serious reengineering. It returns with some new filters( and links ) to compensate for its disappearance.

    -Russ
    I like it a lot too, Russ. I also like Ragnorak's idea of the current opponent's rating...
  7. Standard member GalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    22 Mar '05 07:07
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    You know what would really make up for it being offline for a while?

    An opponent count in the furthest left column, just a nice little easy stat for the number of opponents u've faced on here. Also, the opponent's current rating longside their name would be great.

    Cheers,

    D
    Sounds great to me, get's a rec.
  8. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    22 Mar '05 10:49
    It is done.

    -Russ
  9. Standard member GalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    22 Mar '05 17:29
    Awesome, thanks Russ! .
  10. Standard member Ragnorak
    For RHP addons...
    22 Mar '05 20:15
    Originally posted by Russ
    It is done.

    -Russ
    Nice one.

    From the new page, I was able to put together a graph as detailed here...
    http://www.timeforchess.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=21381

    The graph...
    http://www.iol.ie/~shyne/

    As I suspected, I'm quite overrated, although the graph isn't scientifically perfect, as it includes unrated games (a number of the 1801-1900 games I resigned without making a move due to time constraints) and also it takes the current rating (some people have left the site, and so the losses against really low rated people) as opposed to the rating at time of game.

    BTW: I haven't purposely been bottom feeding, but I guess that all users first couple of hundred would be against lower rated players. Also, games against people rated much lower than u can be completed much faster.

    Anybody got suggestions to make it better. Anybody interested in a personalised graph? I may be able to automate the process enough to offer it to people, although, of course it would be better if it (or something similar) was incorporated with the site. If people are interested, and Russ isn't , I'll detail what you need to provide me with.

    D
  11. Standard member Ravello
    The RudeĀ©
    23 Mar '05 20:20
    Originally posted by Russ
    It is done.

    -Russ
    I still can't see ''my performance page'',what should I do?
  12. Standard member Ragnorak
    For RHP addons...
    23 Mar '05 20:41
    Originally posted by Ravello
    I still can't see ''my performance page'',what should I do?
    Do you know where to find it? If not, click on my Home, then My Performance. If you are getting an error message, then I'm afraid can't help you.

    D
  13. Standard member XanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    24 Mar '05 03:25
    Originally posted by Ravello
    I still can't see ''my performance page'',what should I do?
    Make sure you refresh it. I had that problem for a while. And some pages still don't refresh unless I do it manually (The main forums page, my home and my inbox are the main ones).
  14. Standard member Ravello
    The RudeĀ©
    24 Mar '05 13:51
    Thanks to both but I still don't see it.
    It's a year that I can't view my archived games,and now I can't even see my performance.
    All I see is a green page (TFC style) and the writing on top left ''Time for chess'',this is what I get when I go to ''my performance''.
    Till some weeks ago I used to watch it a lot..........sigh.
  15. Standard member Ragnorak
    For RHP addons...
    24 Mar '05 13:56
    Originally posted by Ravello
    Thanks to both but I still don't see it.
    It's a year that I can't view my archived games,and now I can't even see my performance.
    All I see is a green page (TFC style) and the writing on top left ''Time for chess'',this is what I get when I go to ''my performance''.
    Till some weeks ago I used to watch it a lot..........sigh.
    Sounds like you might have a dodgy game in the database that has gotten messed up some how. Do you have a database on your own computer of all your games on RHP? If so, you could try opening that in chesspad to see if it gives you any errors, else it sounds like a problem that Russ would have to fix for u.

    D