New My Games page

New My Games page

Announcements

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reverend

Chicago

Moves
16 Nov 05

Originally posted by marinakatomb
I agree, i just opened this thread to post this idea. Perhaps if the options on the left could be 'minimised' to allow the rest of the page to appear as normal. It isn't necessary to have the folder management window open all the time.
Agreed.
I personally liked things the way they were honestly, but I can see where people who maintain 100s of games might like the modifications. However, it would be really nice to be able to close or minimize that stuff on the left or put it into a top or bottom nav.

The "Inbox" thing is also very confusing. I had to keep clicking around once I clicked off on something else to figure out what was where. When we've gone so long knowing certain things by one name, it's not too good to go and switch names around on your userbase (I say this as a developer as well as a user). I actually thought it was a mistake that the current games got called "Inbox" until I started reading in here.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
16 Nov 05

A collapsible side bar will be available shortly (possibly today)

-Russ

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
16 Nov 05

In fact, right now.

-Russ

Reverend

Chicago

Moves
16 Nov 05

Originally posted by Russ
In fact, right now.

-Russ
Rock on!

Thanks Russ! 🙂

N

The sky

Moves
16 Nov 05

Originally posted by Ragnorak
I think the sub folders are best used for archiving your finished games.

You can just use the filters to manage your active games. I think it makes a bit more sense.

D
The filter which I think would be most useful to me doesn't exist - a filter which sorts after timeout length - so I think I'll use the folders as a filter system. It might get a bit confusing, but I can still use the "all games" page to get an overview. The only thing I might miss is the option to show all games in process (or all games excluding those in the archive). That doesn't seem to be possible, or have I just not found that option yet?

B

Newport, DE

Moves
16 Nov 05

One question, well its sorta a question and a statement.

Archiving. There USED to be a little box I could check when I won/lost a game and the game would go to my archives. I've recently (within the past half hour) both won one gam and lost another, and that little archive box is missing. The games are remaining int he 'My Games' page

My question: Is this supposed to happen and will be automatically moved, or is this a bug/error/glitch?

C

East London

Moves
16 Nov 05

Could we have a text box to add some info before we archive it.
Plz thank you russ 😀

wotagr8game

tbc

Moves
17 Nov 05

In fact, right now.

-Russ
NOW THAT'S WHAT'S I CALL SERVICE!!!! 😀

G
Mr. Shield

Moves
17 Nov 05
1 edit

z
Mouth for war

Burlington, KY

Moves
17 Nov 05

Thanks Russ, I like it.

A
D_U_N_E

Arrakis

Moves
17 Nov 05

Yes! The new screen is a big improvement. Thanks!

o
Paralysed analyst

On a ship of fools

Moves
17 Nov 05

Whoa.

Kind of freaked me out when I first got there - mostly because it was sorted by gameID and games waiting my move were all over the place!

But anything that makes sorting games easier is a good thing. Thanks Russ.

A
D_U_N_E

Arrakis

Moves
17 Nov 05

Originally posted by BishopofPower

Archiving. There USED to be a little box I could check when I won/lost a game and the game would go to my archives. I've recently (within the past half hour) both won one gam and lost another, and that little archive box is missing. The games are remaining int he 'My Games' page

My qu ...[text shortened]... ion: Is this supposed to happen and will be automatically moved, or is this a bug/error/glitch?
Agree... Russ, we can't archive our games anymore! 😕

Muncie, IN

Moves
17 Nov 05

In fact, right now.

-Russ
That is terrific! Wonderful! Thanks a million, Russ!

Originally posted by BishopofPower

My question: Is this supposed to happen and will be automatically moved, or is this a bug/error/glitch?

It looks like you have to go to the "Manage Games" page to do this now. I guess that's not unreasonable.

(I still think "Inbox" is an odd name for the non-archived games.)

Paul

c

Moves
17 Nov 05

Looks like I'm in the minority here, but I have to say I don't like the changes for two reasons. The first being that I used to have all 20 games on each page displayed at once so I could easily eyeball any that were done or any that I was particularly interested in, but now I have to scroll up and down which makes the process more time consuming. If there's any way to change the # of games displayed at one time then how can I do it? The second reason is that it was far easier before to archive games. Now when I go through My Games if I don't click on Manage Games before I leave the first page then when I do click on the link I return to the first page so I then have to go back to page 2 or 3 (or 4, 5, etc) to find the games I want to archive.